Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean am I the guy that people created a narrative about and niggas just ran with it? Lol

Yes I’m him
giphy.gif

I got sidetracked but Ive seen so many ppl have the same type of stance as him.

On one hand I can atleast understand where they are coming from but sometimes you can’t avoid issues socially as they deep into sports because it affects the people playing them..

That being said I kinda can’t wait until Phil Jackson gets outta here
Fuck all that fam.

Didnt the NBA just have the most ticket sales ever when averaging all teams?

Didnt they just have great ratings this season?

Didnt they just have the most online interactions ever

Isnt the next TV deal expected to break all records.

Whoever got turned off by the NBA embracing BLM can fuck off. Clearly it didnt hurt the NBA

Fuck all that fam.

Didnt the NBA just have the most ticket sales ever when averaging all teams?

Didnt they just have great ratings this season?

Didnt they just have the most online interactions ever

Isnt the next TV deal expected to break all records.

Whoever got turned off by the NBA embracing BLM can fuck off. Clearly it didnt hurt the NBA
I know I didn’t say I agreed but I’m trying to be open minded lol

I got sidetracked but Ive seen so many ppl have the same type of stance as him.

On one hand I can atleast understand where they are coming from but sometimes you can’t avoid issues socially as they deep into sports because it affects the people playing them..

That being said I kinda can’t wait until Phil Jackson gets outta here

I agree with 99% of the post above. The last part about “can’t wait for Phil to get outta here”was kinda dark in my opinion

Some people don’t want political and social issues deeply intertwined in their programming

Doesn’t necessarily make them racist

Insensitive and closed minded? Sure

Sometimes it is racism though

I’ve heard that a lot with folks as far as not wanting social or political commentary mixed with sports.

Shit, on here a-lot of people get triggered when it’s anything to do with the LGBT community commentary getting brought up.

I personally was proud of how a lot of the players in the league and the league itself spoke out some. Of course they could do better, but they weren’t totally afraid to speak up.

Sadly most folks only care about stuff that directly impacts them or their loved ones and tend to carry a blind eye or deaf ear to stuff that doesn’t.

I’ve heard that a lot with folks as far as not wanting social or political commentary mixed with sports.

Shit, on here a-lot of people get triggered when it’s anything to do with the LGBT community commentary getting brought up.

I personally was proud of how a lot of the players in the league and the league itself spoke out some. Of course they could do better, but they weren’t totally afraid to speak up.

Sadly most folks only care about stuff that directly impacts them or their loved ones and tend to carry a blind eye or deaf ear to stuff that doesn’t.
To be 100. All they do is say a lil something here and there. They are comfortable and don’t rock the boat at all.

The China shit really put me on game with players

To be 100. All they do is say a lil something here and there. They are comfortable and don’t rock the boat at all.

The China shit really put me on game with players
The china situation and how some people tried to use that to point out the NBA and it’s players as being hypocritical, was funny to me.

The reason it was funny to me is due to most of the pundits/people who used that as a way to bash the league, were as guilty at not speaking about the issues in China or with a ton of other places as they claimed the league is.

I don’t expect these players to know about what’s really happening in other countries well enough to speak semi intelligently about it. Shit, I’m surprised when they know about stuff that’s happening in their own cities. These guys and most celebrities in general are in their own little bubble. So, it’s refreshing to see when some do a little research and speak on issues and even try to help with any type of societal ills .

Yes the league does business with China. So does a-lot of other corporations in the USA. Other corporations actually benefit from the unethical labor China uses and got no mention from the same people pointing a finger at the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back