Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hypothetical I remember the perception about Dirk.

If Luka is the best player according to y’all then yeah he deserves more flack. Can’t have it both ways.
You just said had he never won nobody would care

But he did win so you are just making up something that can’t be proven

And this is after I factually told you he got flack prior to winning but you moved the goalpost and said he didn’t get flack his entire career (which isn’t even smart to say because again he won)

So yeah you’re using hypotheticals

Now you’re using the best player according to us in here as the crux of your argument to say why a 24 year old hasn’t gotten much flack for winning yet. When

1. Nobody in here says he’s the best in the game

2. The original argument is about media perception but you moved the goalposts to talk about perception in here to get a point across and you can’t play both sides

And again luka is too young to have the whole why hasn’t he won yet talk (which should be obvious)

The only outlier for the age thing (24) is probably only Lebron and if you wanna hold Luka to that standard than that’s a glowing assessment on how good you think Luka is

the mavs weren’t supposed to be trying to win a championship in Luka’s first 3-4 years anyways but he’s so good that the mavs have to operate like that but it’s not really fair to luka

So again there’s only Dirk (who got flack) and Jokic (who’s starting to get whispers this season) and nobody else to have a narrative

Thanks for playing

Last edited:
You just said had he never won nobody would care

But he did win so you are just making up something that can’t be proven
Meaning that no one was questioning his legacy about never winning the big one. You know who was on the same level as Dirk during that era? Steve Nash and no one questions his legacy. So I can suspect that would be the same for Dirk.

“Making up something that can’t be proven” I’ll remember that one….

And this is after I factually told you he got flack prior to winning but you moved the goalpost and said he didn’t get flack his entire career (which isn’t even smart to say because again he won)

Now you’re using the best player according to us in here as the crux of your argument to say why a 24 year old hasn’t gotten much flack for winning yet.
And from someone that was there and watched Dirk’s entire career. The only flack he got was after the embarrassing loss to the Warriors, the finals loss to the Heat and that one year period where players kept testing him because they thought he was soft. There was never a constant questioning of his legacy or calling him out for not winning a title.
When

1. Nobody in here says he’s the best in the game

2. The original argument is about media perception but you moved the goalposts to talk about perception in here to get a point across and you can’t play both sides

And again luka is too young to have the whole why hasn’t he won yet talk (which should be obvious)

The only outlier for the age thing (24) is probably only Lebron and if you wanna hold Luka to that standard than that’s a glowing assessment on how good you think Luka is
Y’all told me he was one of the best and is already on a high level, and is being compared to legends with some people even saying he’s already better than a few. Calling him the literal best was an exaggeration on my part but since we’re debating I’ll be careful with my words.

I was talking about the media perception with Luka. And if people want to say he’s on par with LeBron then he deserves the flack LeBron got at that age. Can’t have it both ways.

the mavs weren’t supposed to be trying to win a championship in Luka’s first 3-4 years anyways but he’s so good that the mavs have to operate like that but it’s not really fair to luka

So again there’s only Dirk (who got flack) and Jokic (who’s starting to get whispers this season) and nobody else to have a narrative

Thanks for playing
But doesn’t this argument work for Trae who you hold to a higher standard than Luka?

Now YOU thanks for playing.

Meaning that no one was questioning his legacy about never winning the big one. You know who was on the same level as Dirk during that era? Steve Nash and no one questions his legacy. So I can suspect that would be the same for Dirk.

“Making up something that can’t be proven” I’ll remember that one….

And from someone that was there and watched Dirk’s entire career. The only flack he got was after the embarrassing loss to the Warriors, the finals loss to the Heat and that one year period where players kept testing him because they thought he was soft. There was never a constant questioning of his legacy or calling him out for not winning a title.

Y’all told me he was one of the best and is already on a high level, and is being compared to legends with some people even saying he’s already better than a few. Calling him the literal best was an exaggeration on my part but since we’re debating I’ll be careful with my words.

I was talking about the media perception with Luka. And if people want to say he’s on par with LeBron then he deserves the flack LeBron got at that age. Can’t have it both ways.

But doesn’t this argument work for Trae who you hold to a higher standard than Luka?

Now YOU thanks for playing.
Idk if I should respond to this considering I bodied you already

Let me think it over

lol what??

Dispute what I said or go talk walk.

He had NO SKILL set coming from his one year playing on his senior team in Europe

Everything he learned was here

Most euros come here with some type of skill. He didn’t, he came here and was a horrible player

But instead of talking about it you doing this fuck nigga shit.

Let us know when one the players you clam over start balling because you batting .090

Lebron played hurt since January then sat as soon as he broke the scoring record then started playing again and then this happened

it’s also possible He played his last game as a laker

Love and light

They gonna play DWade game winner vs the Bobcats on ESPN classic at 4 am

Stop hating on his brother

Dispute what I said or go talk walk.

He had NO SKILL set coming from his one year playing on his senior team in Europe

Everything he learned was here

Most euros come here with some type of skill. He didn’t, he came here and was a horrible player

But instead of talking about it you doing this fuck nigga shit.

Let us know when one the players you clam over start balling because you batting .090
Lol you way too aggressive over this stupid take you got

I’ll let you think what you want man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back