Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s going to be anything in this league going forward he has to develop into a better shooter specifically spot up shooter. And especially defensively as well. I’m not building around a guy that is an okay scorer but brings nothing else to the table. So that’s why I said a 3 and D guy if he’s a starter or an off the bench microwave guy.
So your answer to me saying what have you seen that makes you think he can be a 3 and D type guy (like a jae crowder or gabe Vincent for example) you said it’s because at minimum that’s what he needs to be? Lmao

Now to address what else is wrong with your post..

Nobody said building around THT. If you are the Jazz who have a 22 year old player you need to play him to see what to do with him moving forward to maintain flexibility. To either use him as a future asset or to see if he’s a guy who you want on your team moving forward. That’s why you play him over an aging Russ.

Same applies to Agbaji who was a lotto pick

Then you wrongly said THT is an okay scorer who brings nothing else to the table because I said he’s not that good of a shooter and at the moment he’s iffy defensively.

I told you repeatedly the Jazz have been using THT in a ball handling role.(7 assists tonight) So obviously with that they see and I see as well, THT has the skill potentially to be a decent playmaking scoring slashing guard.

That’s why you pegging him to be a 3 and D player is inaccurate because 3 and D players don’t have that skillset at all

So because THT is still pretty young you want to give him a bunch of touches and put the ball in his hands to develop

I really don’t understand how you don’t understand that. That’s basketball 101 you need to play guys for them to grow. Why would you want Russ to START on this team? Lol

So your answer to me saying what have you seen that makes you think he can be a 3 and D type guy (like a jae crowder or gabe Vincent for example) you said it’s because at minimum that’s what he needs to be? Lmao

Now to address what else is wrong with your post..

Nobody said building around THT. If you are the Jazz who have a 22 year old player you need to play him to see what to do with him moving forward to maintain flexibility. To either use him as a future asset or to see if he’s a guy who you want on your team moving forward. That’s why you play him over an aging Russ.

Same applies to Agbaji who was a lotto pick

Then you wrongly said THT is an okay scorer who brings nothing else to the table because I said he’s not that good of a shooter and at the moment he’s iffy defensively.

I told you repeatedly the Jazz have been using THT in a ball handling role. So obviously with that they see and I see as well, THT has the skill potentially to be a decent playmaking scoring slashing guard.

That’s why you pegging him to be a 3 and D player is inaccurate because 3 and D players don’t have that skillset at all

So because THT is still pretty young you want to give him a bunch of touches and put the ball in his hands to develop

I really don’t understand how you don’t understand that. That’s basketball 101 you need to play guys for them to grow. Why would you want Russ to START on this team? Lol
At this point the best way to settle this is time. Let’s see who winds up being wrong on this in the long run.

At this point the best way to settle this is time. Let’s see who winds up being wrong on this in the long run.
Lmaoo no man don’t say no bullshit like this to get out of it

And you can’t answer this with time lol

What? In a year if you see Utah trade THT you think that makes you saying he has what it takes to be a 3 and D guy correct?

Lmaoo no man don’t say no bullshit like this to get out of it

And you can’t answer this with time lol

What? In a year if you see Utah trade THT you think that makes you saying he has what it takes to be a 3 and D guy correct?
I thought I made my point clear. At this point I’d just be repeating myself. You’re going this hard because you think you’re winning.

I thought I made my point clear. At this point I’d just be repeating myself. You’re going this hard because you think you’re winning.
I’m going this hard because you don’t make any sense and it’s triggering because I’m baffled how you don’t make this much sense and you don’t see it lol

You’re pretty much saying

Russ should be prioritized over younger players on the Jazz and you think THT has the tools to be a 3 and D guy despite not watching him in a ball handling role

You are also saying THT isn’t good enough to care about Russ taking touches away and I’m saying that’s not fair to say because he’s only 22 and we don’t know if THT is that good because he didn’t get good opportunities playing with the lakers and the ball wasn’t in his hands a lot. But it is more with Utah and it’s smart for Utah to see what he can do potentially

I’m going this hard because you don’t make any sense and it’s triggering because I’m baffled how you don’t make this much sense and you don’t see it lol

You’re pretty much saying

Russ should be prioritized over younger players on the Jazz and you think THT has the tools to be a 3 and D guy despite not watching him in a ball handling role

You are also saying THT isn’t good enough to care about Russ taking touches away and I’m saying that’s not fair to say because he’s only 22 and we don’t know if THT is that good because he didn’t get good opportunities playing with the lakers and the ball wasn’t in his hands a lot. But it is more with Utah and it’s smart for Utah to see what he can do potentially
1. I said if they wanted to be competitive adding a veteran guard that will facilitate and create for others will help them win games.

2. If they’re strictly about looking at the young guys then it’s a moot point then you buy out Russ.

That’s basically the crux of my argument.

I said at best he can be a 3 and D guy aka a guy that primarily gets shots within the flow of the offense and is not relied upon to be more than that. I don’t see the upside that you’re claiming there is with him at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back