Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tired of this LeBron shit. The worst thing the officials did was tweet an apology.

LeBron has gotten away with so much shit over the course of his career that it's comical he complaining about a foul in year 20, game ____ of his career.

I keep seeing this idea floating around that officials need to be around after the game to explain themselves. No the fuck they do not.

This shit is in real time and while there have been steps towards tweaking the challenge system, games are not won or lost on a single play at the end of the game

Don't leave the game in the hands of the officials to affect the outcome

Also, it was a lose lose situation for refs if we being honest.

It was a foul. The correct call is a foul. But had they called that, then the complaints would be how that doesnt usually get called at the end of games and how the refs only called it cause it was Bron and the Lakers.

I would rather them make the right call regardless off where we are in the game. But we all know refs dont call fouls when driving to the rim when its the last play of the game unless the contact is egregious.

So yea. A no win position for refs.

Also, it was a lose lose situation for refs if we being honest.

It was a foul. The correct call is a foul. But had they called that, then the complaints would be how that doesnt usually get called at the end of games and how the refs only called it cause it was Bron and the Lakers.

I would rather them make the right call regardless off where we are in the game. But we all know refs dont call fouls when driving to the rim when its the last play of the game unless the contact is egregious.

So yea. A no win position for refs.
I have my gripes with NBA officiating mainly cause of what I've been told by a couple of guys I have as mentors and how they officiate areas of coverage. I think they bring some of the criticism on themselves but that's for another discussion

But can you imagine some low life degenerate looking at an official post game and thinking about harming him cause of a loss?

The thing is, most people do not know basketball rules so trying to explain shit to them does not move the conversation forward. Why would I subject myself to sitting there answering questions you aren't going to understand my answers to?

I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell people there is no such thing as over the back yet, outside of travel, it's the most yelled call from the stands.

Don’t forget about our guyView attachment 1011104
LOL, Leave the kids alone, they tend to retire after a few years.

steph-curry-stephen-curry.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back