Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/2023 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its abit harsh for the lower league teams who managed to get miracle draws with the big teams... They could lose a huge amount of revenue...

Sadly I think it’s going to be this way everywhere. If you’re not at the top, it’s a big fuck you. The lower league clubs are going to feel this the most.

Don’t get me wrong, the FA cup probably needs some reforming.

Apparently going all the way and winning the FA cup itself leaves the winner with prize money of approx. £4M.

To put into context, Chelsea who finished 12th last season received £145.8M EPL prize money, yet their West London neighbours Fulham who finished only two places above them in 10th received £150.2M.

Just qualifying alone into the Champions League group stage gets you ~£13M, so when you take that all into consideration then the commercial aspect of competing in the FA cup looks suspect.

Therefore assuming that the Premier League takes over the domestic cup competition from the FA, then I wouldn’t be surprised if the Premier League would decide to join the competition in the 4th or 5th round rather than the 3rd, or potentially play with the pots so that they get home match advantage or can’t be pitted against another Premier league club till the quarters etc.

They’d be less and less FA Cup “giant killings” that’s for sure

Don’t get me wrong, the FA cup probably needs some reforming.

Apparently going all the way and winning the FA cup itself leaves the winner with prize money of approx. £4M.

To put into context, Chelsea who finished 12th last season received £145.8M EPL prize money, yet their West London neighbours Fulham who finished only two places above them in 10th received £150.2M.

Just qualifying alone into the Champions League group stage gets you ~£13M, so when you take that all into consideration then the commercial aspect of competing in the FA cup looks suspect.

Therefore assuming that the Premier League takes over the domestic cup competition from the FA, then I wouldn’t be surprised if the Premier League would decide to join the competition in the 4th or 5th round rather than the 3rd, or potentially play with the pots so that they get home match advantage or can’t be pitted against another Premier league club till the quarters etc.

They’d be less and less FA Cup “giant killings” that’s for sure

You also qualify for Europa League too, though theres not alot of money in that either tbf

Still the money and commercial aspect is huge for the lower league teams in League 1 and 2 etc

I agree it does need some kinda overhaul though, increasing the money would be a good start...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back