Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NFL Offseason Thread

Baseball has no salary cap but still has a draft that works by position drafted and I believe negotiations.

I'm basing this off the little experience I have with OOTP

You don't have to do that

Teams are currently breaking up now with the current CBA....teams lose talent they draft every year when they have to do the re-up

If you want to sign players right out of college you have to kill the slotted rookie wage scale and it will be a free-for-all for the top talent...

Before the rookie wage scale there teams being crippled by bad rookie contracts....

You want free agents right out of college....fine whatever, you are gonna have to kill the hard salary cap

Ftr,I think there is more parity in the NFL compared to the other leagues but the NFL needs a realignment BAD. NE was basically gifted divisional titles and playoff appearances yearly
What team you repping AP?

Sounding jealous with that talk. Like the Pats didn't have to suit up on sundays or they had 12 men on the field n shit. Or they didn't have to draft at the bottom of the rounds yearly.

In sports, you get what you put in... unless there's some corruption afoot.

Gift my ass.

Baseball has no salary cap but still has a draft that works by position drafted and I believe negotiations.

I'm basing this off the little experience I have with OOTP
Just got the latest one... Been a while since I played a management game. It's better than i expected.

Just got the latest one... Been a while since I played a management game. It's better than i expected.
It was too time consuming for me as I don't really like baseball but a site I used to frequent had a league and they bought me a copy so I could play so... Yeah

What team you repping AP?

Sounding jealous with that talk. Like the Pats didn't have to suit up on sundays or they had 12 men on the field n shit. Or they didn't have to draft at the bottom of the rounds yearly.

In sports, you get what you put in... unless there's some corruption afoot.

Gift my ass.
Saints big dog

Teams are currently breaking up now with the current CBA....teams lose talent they draft every year when they have to do the re-up

If you want to sign players right out of college you have to kill the slotted rookie wage scale and it will be a free-for-all for the top talent...

Before the rookie wage scale there teams being crippled by bad rookie contracts....

You want free agents right out of college....fine whatever, you are gonna have to kill the hard salary cap
In the NFL or NBA?

It was too time consuming for me as I don't really like baseball but a site I used to frequent had a league and they bought me a copy so I could play so... Yeah

Yep it sure is. I'm playing as a GM and only watching a few games til the playoffs (hopefully, one day)

Saints big dog

Oh you aight then.

Coulda been worse and said the jets (like marc) or the steelers (like BDP).

First time a wild card team been to the bowl in 10 years. Since the 2000 Super Bowl:

42 Super Bowl teams
Only 4 wild cards

Ain’t no parity b

Off the top of my head the NYG won it as 5th seed and a 4th seed in 07 and 2011

packers in 2010 as a 6th seed.

Just be wrong bruh. Literally every team has a chance to win the ring at the end

First time a wild card team been to the bowl in 10 years. Since the 2000 Super Bowl:

42 Super Bowl teams
Only 4 wild cards

Ain’t no parity b
They make such a big deal of getting the no 1 seed for home field advantage and the bye. It's not unrealistic to think that the wild card team would be at a disadvantage and possibly having to play on the road all the way to the Superbowl.

I still think there's more parity in football though

What if...
Teams could only draft players in the region they played in college like the NBA use to do it way back in the day. Those who don't get drafted in certain rounds become free agents.

For example.
Lets say the Cardinals had the 1st pick. They would have to draft a player from the southwest region or they could trade the pick.

If it was KC. The would have to draft from the midwest region etc.

Of course the NFL would have to agree on how to split up the regions.

It also could potentially make a high school player think twice on which school he is going to bcuz of the nfl team that would be drafting him. And also could slow down teams like Alabama from stacking year after year.

Just a thought. I don't have the answers, just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
What if...
Teams could only draft players in the region they played in college like the NBA use to do it way back in the day. Those who don't get drafted in certain rounds become free agents.

For example.
Lets say the Cardinals had the 1st pick. They would have to draft a player from the southwest region or they could trade the pick.

If it was KC. The would have to draft from the midwest region etc.

Of course the NFL would have to agree on how to split up the regions.

It also could potentially make a high school player think twice on which school he is going to bcuz of the nfl team that would be drafting him. And also could slow down teams like Alabama from stacking year after year.

Just a thought. I don't have the answers, just thinking out loud.
Ehhh, if you subscribe to the notion the SEC is the best conference in cfb, then the teams in those regions will get fat off eating from the talent pool which will then create less parity, if I understand what you're proposing

Ehhh, if you subscribe to the notion the SEC is the best conference in cfb, then the teams in those regions will get fat off eating from the talent pool which will then create less parity, if I understand what you're proposing
A lot of what I'm saying depends on the college kid wants to be drafted to a team in the south. If he doesn't, he will choose a school that gives him a better chance to go where he wants. If he wants to be drafted by a Cali team he will choose a school in the Cali region.

Again, I'm just thinking outside of the box trying to add to the convo.

Do y’all think they should get rid of the draft and just have free agency for incoming college players?

Yo I've thought about that for a while. Why don't players just have a bidding war w/ teams?

Are incoming players required to enter the draft to get in the league? And not just the NFL. NBA, MLB as well.

MLB has a draft, but every few years there's some Japanese or Dominican player that the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers are in a bidding war to get. That player doesn't have to enter a draft.

Back