Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NFL Draft Thread

@Infamous114 would you be mad if they take Sewell if he’s available at 6? I would be. I want either Pitts or Chase, I prefer Chase
I'm resigned to Pitts going to Atlanta unless some team trades up to 4 for a QB. Dolphins like sending out smoke screens. Even last year, I wasn't 100% sure we were getting Tua

I'm resigned to Pitts going to Atlanta unless some team trades up to 4 for a QB. Dolphins like sending out smoke screens. Even last year, I wasn't 100% sure we were getting Tua

I agree. I honestly thought they were gonna get Herbert. Tonight is gonna be interesting

Report: Saints have made trade calls all the way up to top 10

The Saints have built a reputation over the years as one of the most aggressive teams in the NFL draft, frequently leaping up the board to target specific prospects at positions of need. And that could continue on Thursday night in the 2021 draft’s first round; NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports that calls have been flying out of New Orleans around the league searching for potential trade partners, even touching base with teams picking in the top 10.

A move from No. 28 all the way up into the single digits would be bold, but it isn’t unprecedented. Just a few years ago the Saints jumped from No. 27 up to 14, targeting Marcus Davenport. That move cost their first rounder the following year plus a fifth rounder. And other teams have made even bolder trades recently: the Chiefs memorably leapfrogged the Saints to land Patrick Mahomes, vaulting up from No. 28 to 10th overall, paying out a future first rounder and a current-year third round pick.

Interestingly, Rapoport adds that the Saints could be earmarking a top cornerback prospect, which tracks with Sean Payton identifying the position as their single highest priority. That would put Patrick Surtain II or Jaycee Horn (son of Saints legend Joe Horn, of course) in their crosshairs. Then again, maybe a top quarterback like Trey Lance or Justin Fields might be in play, given the uncertain future at quarterback in New Orleans.

The Saints have shown a willingness to make these moves before. And they have the draft capital to get where they want to go with two compensatory third rounders in this year’s draft and more on the way in 2022. We’ll see if they end up pulling the trigger Thursday evening.

Report: Saints have made trade calls all the way up to top 10

The Saints have built a reputation over the years as one of the most aggressive teams in the NFL draft, frequently leaping up the board to target specific prospects at positions of need. And that could continue on Thursday night in the 2021 draft’s first round; NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports that calls have been flying out of New Orleans around the league searching for potential trade partners, even touching base with teams picking in the top 10.

A move from No. 28 all the way up into the single digits would be bold, but it isn’t unprecedented. Just a few years ago the Saints jumped from No. 27 up to 14, targeting Marcus Davenport. That move cost their first rounder the following year plus a fifth rounder. And other teams have made even bolder trades recently: the Chiefs memorably leapfrogged the Saints to land Patrick Mahomes, vaulting up from No. 28 to 10th overall, paying out a future first rounder and a current-year third round pick.

Interestingly, Rapoport adds that the Saints could be earmarking a top cornerback prospect, which tracks with Sean Payton identifying the position as their single highest priority. That would put Patrick Surtain II or Jaycee Horn (son of Saints legend Joe Horn, of course) in their crosshairs. Then again, maybe a top quarterback like Trey Lance or Justin Fields might be in play, given the uncertain future at quarterback in New Orleans.

The Saints have shown a willingness to make these moves before. And they have the draft capital to get where they want to go with two compensatory third rounders in this year’s draft and more on the way in 2022. We’ll see if they end up pulling the trigger Thursday evening.

That trade up for Davenport

:hahaha:

How will you guys watch the draft tonight?

2021 NFL Draft Coverage, Cleveland
April 29- May 1

ABC/ESPN
ABC Main Set: Rece Davis, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, Todd McShay
ABC Second Set: Maria Taylor, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack
ESPN Main Set: Mike Greenberg , Mel Kiper Jr., Louis Riddick, Booger McFarland, Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter; Suzy Kolber (interviews)
Saturday ABC/ESPN Simulcast: Rece Davis, Mel Kiper Jr., Todd McShay, Louis Riddick, Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter
Reporters: Jeff Darlington, Dan Graziano, Kimberley A. Martin, Sal Paolantonio, Mike Reiss, Dianna Russini, Lindsey Thiry, Ed Werder
ESPN Radio, Thursday & Friday: Elle Duncan, Kevin Negandhi, Mike Tannenbaum, Bart Scott, Ian Fitzsimmons; Saturday: Jason Fitz, Jim Nagy, Mike Tannenbaum, Ian Fitzsimmons
ESPN Deportes: Eduardo Varela, Pablo Viruega, Rebeca Landa, Sebastian Martinez-Christensen

NFL Network
Main Set: Rich Eisen, Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis
Main Set Guests: David Shaw (Thursday); Joel Klatt (Friday); Peter Schrager (Saturday)
Outside Set: Kurt Warner, Joel Klatt (Thursday); Chris Rose, Peter Schrager (Friday)
Insider: Ian Rapoport
Interviews: Melissa Stark (Thursday & Friday)
Red Carpet: Michael Irvin; Melissa Stark (Red Carpet on Thursday only)
Reporters: Judy Battista, James Palmer, Stacey Dales, Mike Giardi, Kim Jones, Aditi Kinkhabwala, Omar Ruiz, Michael Silver, Jane Slater, Steve Wyche, Mike Yam

How will you guys watch the draft tonight?

2021 NFL Draft Coverage, Cleveland
April 29- May 1

ABC/ESPN
ABC Main Set: Rece Davis, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, Todd McShay
ABC Second Set: Maria Taylor, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack
ESPN Main Set: Mike Greenberg , Mel Kiper Jr., Louis Riddick, Booger McFarland, Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter; Suzy Kolber (interviews)
Saturday ABC/ESPN Simulcast: Rece Davis, Mel Kiper Jr., Todd McShay, Louis Riddick, Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter
Reporters: Jeff Darlington, Dan Graziano, Kimberley A. Martin, Sal Paolantonio, Mike Reiss, Dianna Russini, Lindsey Thiry, Ed Werder
ESPN Radio, Thursday & Friday: Elle Duncan, Kevin Negandhi, Mike Tannenbaum, Bart Scott, Ian Fitzsimmons; Saturday: Jason Fitz, Jim Nagy, Mike Tannenbaum, Ian Fitzsimmons
ESPN Deportes: Eduardo Varela, Pablo Viruega, Rebeca Landa, Sebastian Martinez-Christensen

NFL Network
Main Set: Rich Eisen, Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis
Main Set Guests: David Shaw (Thursday); Joel Klatt (Friday); Peter Schrager (Saturday)
Outside Set: Kurt Warner, Joel Klatt (Thursday); Chris Rose, Peter Schrager (Friday)
Insider: Ian Rapoport
Interviews: Melissa Stark (Thursday & Friday)
Red Carpet: Michael Irvin; Melissa Stark (Red Carpet on Thursday only)
Reporters: Judy Battista, James Palmer, Stacey Dales, Mike Giardi, Kim Jones, Aditi Kinkhabwala, Omar Ruiz, Michael Silver, Jane Slater, Steve Wyche, Mike Yam
I’ve watched nfl network feeds for years now

Back