Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alperen Sengun being listed at 6"9 is.....interesting to say the least(and not in a good way)

Yeah, it was questions surrounding his height and wingspan. In Europe they had him listed as 6'9" but the scouts and mock draft folks kept speculating and saying he was taller.

The big thing is what's his wingspan and can he improve his lateral (there are exercises and him slimming down helps also) quickness.

Welllll Jamal murray is out for most of the year I forgot

I’ll turn it into a maybe but I don’t feel as confident about it as I did this past season

The jump he made last season he can’t realistically replicate that again

But then again they vote MIP slightly different than I do

You don't think his numbers can get better than what he had last season?

It was only his 2nd official season in the league. LMAO.

Barring injuries to himself he will have most of the 1st half of the year as the 2nd option offensively on the team. He should be able to average more than 19 points a game if he is as good as most think he is.

But look at Zion

He averaged 27 and 7

What numbers would he have to put up to win MIP?

32 and 9?

Randle won it because he improved his numbers and actually lead his team to more wins and a playoff berth.

I think Michael Porter Jr. Has a good chance of winning the award if he stays healthy because Denver should still be solid and he is going to put up numbers.

You don't think his numbers can get better than what he had last season?

It was only his 2nd official season in the league. LMAO.

Barring injuries to himself he will have most of the 1st half of the year as the 2nd option offensively on the team. He should be able to average more than 19 points a game if he is as good as most think he is.
Where did I say his numbers wouldn’t get better? I said the SAME JUMP he made the season prior in production

He averaged 10 more points than the previous season and didn’t win

Expecting him to jump like that again wasnt realistic (as my original point)

Randle won it because he improved his numbers and actually lead his team to more wins and a playoff berth.

I think Michael Porter Jr. Has a good chance of winning the award if he stays healthy because Denver should still be solid and he is going to put up numbers.
I said they judged MIP slightly diff than I do

Yo you gonna stop making me repeat myself man lol

Where did I say his numbers wouldn’t get better? I said the SAME JUMP he made the season prior in production

He averaged 10 more points than the previous season and didn’t win

Expecting him to jump like that again wasnt realistic (as my original point)

He was only a 2nd year pro last season because he missed his true rookie season due to injuries. Most folks expect players impact to rise from rookie to sophomore. Lol.

If he averages mid to low 20's and Denver is still a top 3 team in the West he has a great chance of winning that award. Not too mention if he hits a couple of game tying or winning shots against decent opponents. Lol. You know as well as I that they judge these things off of the numbers and impact those numbers have on winning.

You can put up great numbers but if you don't help your team win the voters aren't gonna take it as serious.

Wendell Carter Jr , Lamelo or keldon Johnson has a better chance of winning MIP to me than MPJ next season

The spurs are gonna suck so unless Keldon helps them come close to making the playoffs or he averages an efficient 30 he isnt winning that award. LMAO.

Lamelo Ball will be a 2nd year pro so most voters aren't gonna vote him as most improved unless he puts up super crazy numbers or Charlotte is a top 3 team in the East. You said it yourself, Zion put up great numbers as a sophomore but he didn't win the award. Unfair as it may seem but most voters don't vote for 2nd year players as most improved because they look at it as being natural to get better in your 2nd season.

I don't know much about Wendell Carter Jr. And Orlando to really speak on the situation but him going into his 4th season gives him a good chance with the voters I guess. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back