Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was only a 2nd year pro last season because he missed his true rookie season due to injuries. Most folks expect players impact to rise from rookie to sophomore. Lol.

If he averages mid to low 20's and Denver is still a top 3 team in the West he has a great chance of winning that award. Not too mention if he hits a couple of game tying or winning shots against decent opponents. Lol. You know as well as I that they judge these things off of the numbers and impact those numbers have on winning.

You can put up great numbers but if you don't help your team win the voters aren't gonna take it as serious.
Bolded was unnecessary garbage lol

and yes that’s what I’m referring to when I said they judge it differently. I don’t think so much stock should be put into team success for this award.

but to your point about how they vote, when Brandon Ingram won MIP the Pelicans won 30 games and as far as MIP he might have the worst record in the last 7 or 8 years so what do you say there? And don’t tell me he was so far ahead of other candidates that they had to give him the award because if you wanna go by the whole team success thing then Bam should’ve won it over him

Bolded was unnecessary garbage lol

and yes that’s what I’m referring to when I said they judge it differently. I don’t think so much stock should be put into team success for this award.

but to your point about how they vote, when Brandon Ingram won MIP the Pelicans won 30 games and as far as MIP he might have the worst record in the last 7 or 8 years so what do you say there?

The bolded isn't garbage because that's the mindset of the voters. That a 2nd year players numbers should get better. You or I might not agree with it but that is what some voters have publicly stated and a lot privately believe.

Brandon Ingram won that award because he made a big jump in his 4th season (not 2nd!!!!!!) that most didn't see coming. He was also an All Star that season. His main competition that year for the award was guys who hadn't been in the league as long (or had better raw stats than like Bam. WHICH WHY YOURE MAD. LOL) as he had..... so what I stated about the voters mindset with that award is right there for you to see. SMH.

below is the awards for that season and it shows who placed where for each award.

The bolded isn't garbage because that's the mindset of the voters. That a 2nd year players numbers should get better. You or I might not agree with it but that is what some voters have publicly stated and a lot privately believe.

Brandon Ingram won that award because he made a big jump in his 4th season (not 2nd!!!!!!) that most didn't see coming. He was also an All Star that season. His main competition that year for the award was guys who hadn't been in the league as long (or had better raw stats than like Bam. WHICH WHY YOURE MAD. LOL) as he had..... so what I stated about the voters mindset with that award is right there for you to see. SMH.

below is the awards for that season and it shows who placed where for each award.

I’m sorry man I’ll concede my point

you got it big homie lol (not mad btw)

With Kemba, Rose, randle, I don’t like it but maybe who knows
Thibs can't get away with that minutes shit like did last season both of them knees are shot lol. The 3rd year is usually when a player takes a major leap or not but I agree Randle will probably still get the bulk of offense. My hope is between Kemba and Fournier Jules can't hold the rock like before.

Thibs can't get away with that minutes shit like did last season both of them knees are shot lol. The 3rd year is usually when a player takes a major leap or not but I agree Randle will probably still get the bulk of offense. My hope is between Kemba and Fournier Jules can't hold the rock like before.
Oh shit I forgot about Fournier

yeah RJ don’t have the room to win imo

With Kemba, Rose, randle, I don’t like it but maybe who knows

+3000 odds though.

Its a value bet.

Im not saying hes my pick to win it. Im not saying hes a top 3 favorite.

Just saying hes good enough to have a chance and at +3000 odds, gotta throw $100 on it.

Just like Jokic wasnt close to being a mvp favorite last year, but I threw money on him cause he was good enough to win and had +3000 odds.

Im still eating off that

+3000 odds though.

Its a value bet.

Im not saying hes my pick to win it. Im not saying hes a top 3 favorite.

Just saying hes good enough to have a chance and at +3000 odds, gotta throw $100 on it.

Just like Jokic wasnt close to being a mvp favorite last year, but I threw money on him cause he was good enough to win and had +3000 odds.

Im still eating off that
Word you right

might as well because if it hits it HITS

I was really speaking from a NBA award standpoint instead of actual betting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back