Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone from Reddit said it the best.

So Zion Williamson, the guy who will basically only train with his stepdad during the offseason and the guy who refuses to let anyone but his momma control his diet says he didn’t like the way our medical staff didn’t rush him back from a major injury before his career even started?

Lol.

Ngl Zion is a beast on the court, but he hasn’t transitioned well into the “professional” part of being a professional athlete. The dude struggles to stay in shape, yet still has his mom cook all his meals instead of a professional chef/dietician. He works out mostly alone during the offseasons with his stepdad as his trainer.

BI has been hosting workouts practically all offseason in various locations, which have been well attended by most of the pelicans young core. Zion hasn’t shown up to any of those though
Leave this stuff on Reddit fam

Ftr, I haven't turned on him but I am calling out the fuck nigga behavior

I tried to tell yall about this months ago

Pelicans going to be one of the most interesting teams to watch during off season

I think Griff did a really good job with AD and Holiday trades and the asset play but has pretty much fucked up ecerything else

You're 3 best players by far are Zion, BI and Zo...they make a combined 45 Mil....that means you have like 85 mil in dead money on your roster not really giving you any consistent production

James Johnson make 16 Mil
Trading a pick for Steven Adam's and then extending him while hes already making 27 mil was absolutely absurd
Bledsoe was pretty close to a disaster making 16 mil

Jaxson Hayes played better which was good

I like NAW and Hart, Kira Lewis might be something

Now New Orleans may not have any premium picks but they do have plenty of ammo to make kind of a desperation win-now type move if they choose to do so

And I'll just say this...my opinion...I cant put my finger on it but it's some weird stuff going on with Zion behind the scenes

Just feel like there's more beneath the surface

Cleary he isnt happy with how things have gone...I think he loves the city of New Orleans but doesnt trust the franchise itself

Left the bubble under weird circumstances

Him and JJ Reddick have the same agency and we know Reddick feels like he was done wrong and publicly criticized Griff

The way he was gushing over the Knicks..., that would've made me very uncomfortable as a Pelicans fan

Teams defend their players all the time but what Griff did with calling out the refs about how they officiate Zion was ridiculous and seemed more like a play to show Zion and his people that they're willing to fall on the sword for him

Their is real (growing) chatter that Zion doesnt want to be there and I think the Pelicans are terrified of that being true

Unless Randle requests a trade or has a colossal fall off that's not happening for now lol.

Bruh im not saying this is what i want.

But lets be real.

If Zion wants to come to NY, the Knicks will pull the trigger. Regardless who gets shipped out.

All jokes aside, idk if I even want Zion. I mostly dont. Cause hes so good, but he is so risky.

But if he ever wanted it, Knicks will trade everyone

Bruh im not saying this is what i want.

But lets be real.

If Zion wants to come to NY, the Knicks will pull the trigger. Regardless who gets shipped out.

All jokes aside, idk if I even want Zion. I mostly dont. Cause hes so good, but he is so risky.

But if he ever wanted it, Knicks will trade everyone
I'll just say this..I like what the Knicks braintrust has been doing and I want to see how far their potential goes. I do see Zion coming to New York eventually but that will not happen as long as Randle is here regardless of whatever trade packages happen.

Personally Randles a much more consistent shooter and he's durable as hell like RJ. Zion hasn't played a full season yet and one thing we can say now Jules is in incredible shape. He took after Kobe with the gym mentality and I trust him more right now for pure basketball and this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back