Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NGL

I was getting ready to shit on this before even listening to it.

Man, thank you for this. This is probably the perfect description for how I've felt for the past few years. I wish this wasn't his last pod but this shit was spot on.

Like every fucking thing he said
Agreed.

Dude is not for everyone but his really intelligent. Sucks to know he done with sports but I respect and understand his reasoning.

All in all Zion and this season should be entertaining.

Well I hope he starts

“They could have done better than Markeiff Morris; he’s very average. What’s interesting is Morris is a lot better as a starter than off the bench.”

▪ After the scout mentioned the Morris bench/starting dynamic, I looked up the metrics and was stunned.

In 27 starts for the Lakers last season, Morris shot 46.6 percent and 37.2 percent on three-pointers compared with 30.3 percent and 22.7 percent in 34 games as a backup. His points and rebounds per 36 minutes were much better as a starter.

In his career, he has shot 36 percent on threes as a starter (solid) compared with 31.3 as a reserve (poor).

So based on his history, a strong case could be made to start Morris ahead of Tucker, though I would be mildly surprised if the Heat did that.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article252535498.html#storylink=cpy

I'll just say this..I like what the Knicks braintrust has been doing and I want to see how far their potential goes. I do see Zion coming to New York eventually but that will not happen as long as Randle is here regardless of whatever trade packages happen.

Personally Randles a much more consistent shooter and he's durable as hell like RJ. Zion hasn't played a full season yet and one thing we can say now Jules is in incredible shape. He took after Kobe with the gym mentality and I trust him more right now for pure basketball and this team.

The knicks would package rj and Randle in a heartbeat for Zion... and should. Not sure that's enough for the pelicans tho. They have to get a kings ransom.

Tricky thing is time isn't on the pelicans side. Longer they wait the more chance of something happening like injury or weight issues that drives zions value down. Like you can't wait till yr 7.

Personally I don't think hes long for the league and the pers should pull the trigger now. Hard to privately shop him and keep leverage tho. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Either that or move BI and do a hard reset and hope you can reel Zion in but BI seems less likely to cut and run and theres value in that for a franchise like the pelicans.

Realistically they're just going to fuck it up tho and end up alienating both them niggas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back