Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

I said Toronto because they have the defensive personnel that could cover him and the international aspect of it as well....I dont think the Raptors should be actively trying to get Sabonis

The way nurse runs it no one covers for anyone. You have to be able to hold your own defensively to get on the court. That's why dragic didn't play after the first few games. Even tho the bench needs his scoring badly (worst bench production in the league right now) nurse won't play him cause the whole defense would shift into having to cover up for dragic.

And we don't care about the international aspect. That's been over. Masai will always have an African prospect in his back pocket cause of his deep connection with the continent and giants of africa program he runs but that "international aspect" ended with bargnani, Calderon and nem.

Fit just isn't there. I'd be shocked if we got in the mix for sabonis. Y

hmm yeah that’s a good point SVG

only difference is and I’m kinda moving away from the tweet a bit and rather kinda comparing situations

1. Philly knew Embiid was hurt before drafting him and while they knew with Zion as well they were never prepared to hold him out for precautionary reasons because they weren’t tanking

2. Embiid missed the first two years of his career with a foot injury rather than Zion missing 3/4 of one then didn’t look healthy in the bubble then occasionally missed games the 2nd year and now after saying he was gonna be ready by the beginning of the season keeps suffering setback after setback because of his foot not healing correctly

3. Embiid probably could’ve played a bit in his 2nd year but Sixers were NOT trying to win games, whereas the situation in Seattle, they are trying desperately to win to in part appease the guy who never plays

4. There was never concerns about Embiid potentially leaving

so I mean yeah you can have an optimistic look like this and it’s fine but there’s a real chance he might not be there for that much longer so even if he gets right and might not even be necessarily them that benefit

but yeah I mean it’s some healthy optimism but not much if you’re a fan but as far as Zion’s career trajectory yeah that’s good

hmm yeah that’s a good point SVG

only difference is and I’m kinda moving away from the tweet a bit and rather kinda comparing situations

1. Philly knew Embiid was hurt before drafting him and while they knew with Zion as well they were never prepared to hold him out for precautionary reasons because they weren’t tanking

2. Embiid missed the first two years of his career with a foot injury rather than Zion missing 3/4 of one then didn’t look healthy in the bubble then occasionally missed games the 2nd year and now after saying he was gonna be ready by the beginning of the season keeps suffering setback after setback because of his foot not healing correctly

3. Embiid probably could’ve played a bit in his 2nd year but Sixers were NOT trying to win games, whereas the situation in Seattle, they are trying desperately to win to in part appease the guy who never plays

4. There was never concerns about Embiid potentially leaving

so I mean yeah you can have an optimistic look like this and it’s fine but there’s a real chance he might not be there for that much longer so even if he gets right and might not even be necessarily them that benefit

but yeah I mean it’s some healthy optimism but not much if you’re a fan but as far as Zion’s career trajectory yeah that’s good
Gotcha

I’m not mad at it

also don’t win too many games now so you don’t get a top 4 pick

I should've been more clear, while you made some valid points in the beginning, when I saw Seattle in your reply, I stopped reading

I know calling the Pelicans Seattle is something for you and Sion to giggle about but it's corny fam and I'm not sure why y'all keep trying to will that to be a thing here

I should've been more clear, while you made some valid points in the beginning, when I saw Seattle in your reply, I stopped reading

I know calling the Pelicans Seattle is something for you and Sion to giggle about but it's corny fam and I'm not sure why y'all keep trying to will that to be a thing here
Oh..I thought we had something to talk about

*bows out*

#wontbowdown

I don't know why y'all even pay attention to those corny Seattle posts
Again, he was off to a good response, then threw in Seattle. I can't take anything serious after that if he can't even at least acknowledge the team by their real name and not some wack forced joke that has yet to land.

Back