Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NFL Season Thread

I'm all for black coaches, but let's not talk out both sides of our mouths. If you were calling for Marvin Lewis to be fired, you can't call for him to get hired.

Bowles had a good 1st year in NY (10-6), then went 14 - 34 in his next 3 seasons. If you thought he should be fired after 5-11, 5-11, 4-12 then don't be surprised when other people don't want him.

There are black men that deserve a shot, but every black man that doesn't get a call isn't getting screwed over.

yes you can
i understand why marvin/bowles were fired but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t receive opportunities somewhere else

underperforming coaches get second chances with new teams all the time

yes you can
i understand why marvin/bowles were fired but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t receive opportunities somewhere else

underperforming coaches get second chances with new teams all the time

Not so much any more. Rehiring one time failed head coaches at new spots was more common in the 90s early 2000s. Unless there was sum ulterior motive or the owner/gm is an idiot.

Jets hired gase cuz the owner is an idiot
Dallas hired McCarthy cuz the owner is an idiot.
The raiders hired gruden cuz they were moving into a new, big city. Needed a coach with name recognition (mnf made his name bigger than it is). Plus he has a history w the franchise
tbh i have no earthly idea why the bills hired rex ryan. But him bein 1 and done should tell you something.

Most the nfl gms n owners now realize once a head coach fails in 1st spot is virtually impossible to get that loser stench off him.

Now everyone wants the new, young offensive guru or the new young leader of men.

And Seattle was willing to take a flyer on pete Carroll cuz of his great success at USC n looked past his prior history as a failed nfl head coach
And bruce arians really only 1st stepped away cuz of health issues
Andy Ried drafted mahomes, so he doesn't really count

Not so much any more. Rehiring one time failed head coaches at new spots was more common in the 90s early 2000s. Unless there was sum ulterior motive or the owner/gm is an idiot.

Jets hired gase cuz the owner is an idiot
Dallas hired McCarthy cuz the owner is an idiot.
The raiders hired gruden cuz they were moving into a new, big city. Needed a coach with name recognition (mnf made his name bigger than it is). Plus he has a history w the franchise
tbh i have no earthly idea why the bills hired rex ryan. But him bein 1 and done should tell you something.

Most the nfl gms n owners now realize once a head coach fails in 1st spot is virtually impossible to get that loser stench off him.

Now everyone wants the new, young offensive guru or the new young leader of men.

And Seattle was willing to take a flyer on pete Carroll cuz of his great success at USC n looked past his prior history as a failed nfl head coach
And bruce arians really only 1st stepped away cuz of health issues
Andy Ried drafted mahomes, so he doesn't really count

you inadvertently proved my point by listing all those coaches. and to your list i’ll add

jack del rio
john fox
kubiak
jeff fucking fisher

i’m sure i’m missing more. why they were hired doesn’t matter. they all received second or third chances. i’m not saying they shouldn’t have, but black coaches are rarely given the chance to redeem themselves

I dont want to put words in his mouth, but seems like he was talking in general about how Black coaches dont get 2nd chances. But hey, this is not my fight. Just wanted to make sure bcos i had not heard Lewis or Bowles getting championed for in general.
Yep

Im glad yall getting these niggas up outta here lol

mufuckas acting obtuse just to try to be right.

They know the sky is blue than a mf but still gonna argue that its fuckin red.

Tru. But the issue is....how come young blk coaches aren't getting groomed like young white coaches
How many young black coaches are there??? Most of these black coaches are older....and for the ones who get jobs usually just be in the right place at the right time just because they're young and white doesn't mean they'll be good

you inadvertently proved my point by listing all those coaches. and to your list i’ll add

jack del rio
john fox
kubiak
jeff fucking fisher

i’m sure i’m missing more. why they were hired doesn’t matter. they all received second or third chances. i’m not saying they shouldn’t have, but black coaches are rarely given the chance to redeem themselves
Actually John fox was a decent coach he was winning in denver and went to the superbowl with the panthers but didn't do anything with the bears (they didn't have shit anyway) and basically the same kubiak....he won a superbowl with denver and not having a good qb the following season they still went 9-7....jack del rio and jeff fisher ain't shit

Actually John fox was a decent coach he was winning in denver and went to the superbowl with the panthers but didn't do anything with the bears (they didn't have shit anyway) and basically the same kubiak....he won a superbowl with denver and not having a good qb the following season they still went 9-7....jack del rio and jeff fisher ain't shit

fox and kubiak were still fired in their careers because they underperformed yet got the opportunity to redeem themselves. this has been my point all along

these coaches can be trash, decent, have 0-1 super bowl appearances, veteran, young and inexperienced, it doesn’t matter. they’re still getting more looks and opportunities than black coaches

the shit ain’t complicated

fox and kubiak were still fired in their careers because they underperformed yet got the opportunity to redeem themselves. this has been my point all along

these coaches can be trash, decent, have 0-1 super bowl appearances, veteran, young and inexperienced, it doesn’t matter. they’re still getting more looks and opportunities than black coaches

the shit ain’t complicated
True but kubiak career ended a better note than the other 3 you named....on paper he has a superbowl win and winning record that looks good to the naked eye but I'm not calling him a top 10 coach either.....again how many black coaches are around for these jobs??? It's not as many and when they do get called up they get a fair chance like everyone else

True but kubiak career ended a better note than the other 3 you named....on paper he has a superbowl win and winning record that looks good to the naked eye but I'm not calling him a top 10 coach either.....again how many black coaches are around for these jobs??? It's not as many and when they do get called up they get a fair chance like everyone else

idk the names of every single white assistant/positions coach in the league, and neither do you. but we learn them pretty quickly when they’re hired for HC positions

i guess these white tight end coaches and coordinators are far more hands on with the gameplan/play calling than the black ones, who are just taking up space if you let some folks on here tell it. affirmative action hires, maybe?

idk the names of every single white assistant/positions coach in the league, and neither do you. but we learn them pretty quickly when they’re hired for HC positions

i guess these white tight end coaches and coordinators are far more hands on with the gameplan/play calling than the black ones, who are just taking up space if you let some folks on here tell it. affirmative action hires, maybe?
Some guys do think that way.....yes I get it some guys wondering how did a tight end coach get a big jump in his position but obviously their GM (which is a black man) saw something in that interview that convinced him other wise....shit indy had dan campbell on their interview list after we fired chuck so maybe it's his rah rah motivation talk that can win people over and if you look it up he's getting positive reviews on his crazy press conference so some of those lions fans like it

Some guys do think that way.....yes I get it some guys wondering how did a tight end coach get a big jump in his position but obviously their GM (which is a black man) saw something in that interview that convinced him other wise....shit indy had dan campbell on their interview list after we fired chuck so maybe it's his rah rah motivation talk that can win people over and if you look it up he's getting positive reviews on his crazy press conference so some of those lions fans like it

Dan was the assistant head coach and TE coach

jack del rio
john fox
kubiak
jeff fucking fisher

Damn, You right bruh.

Back