Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NFL Season Thread

Say mayne, bruh bout to be 33 in a month and has been traumatized by that organization and by Trump not gettin' re-elected.....

What about a 2nd, a 4th and 6 pair of assorted black and white buffs??

Couple lions gms i seen this year. I saw Stafford taking a knee.

I'm all for black coaches, but let's not talk out both sides of our mouths. If you were calling for Marvin Lewis to be fired, you can't call for him to get hired.

Bowles had a good 1st year in NY (10-6), then went 14 - 34 in his next 3 seasons. If you thought he should be fired after 5-11, 5-11, 4-12 then don't be surprised when other people don't want him.

There are black men that deserve a shot, but every black man that doesn't get a call isn't getting screwed over.

I'm all for black coaches, but let's not talk out both sides of our mouths. If you were calling for Marvin Lewis to be fired, you can't call for him to get hired.

Bowles had a good 1st year in NY (10-6), then went 14 - 34 in his next 3 seasons. If you thought he should be fired after 5-11, 5-11, 4-12 then don't be surprised when other people don't want him.

There are black men that deserve a shot, but every black man that doesn't get a call isn't getting screwed over.
Wait, is there a large contingent of people clamoring for Lewis or Bowles to get a job or is this just a straw man?

Its not about succeeding or failing...its getting the oppurtunity bro.

these white boys are getting recycled or fast tracked to HC positions every fucking season.

but the OC of the best offense in the fucking league for three seasons aint getting a fair shake?

all these up and coming 30 & 40 yr old brothers not even getting calls?

Adam Gase crashed and burned at TWO organisations...he will get another look in a year or two after he gets hired on as somebody's OC

Meanwhile...Marvin Lewis had the Bengals relevant in the NFC north for years...got fired cause a legit change was needed...fell off the map. Jim Caldwell couple of Div titles and playoff appearances...just now getting love again. Leslie Frazier, Raheem Morris, Todd Bowels

all were one and done

there is a problem

again

you looking real funny in the light my boy

Now if I interpreted it wrong, lemme know. But it looks like you're saying there's a problem Bowles, Lewis and others didn't get another job yet.

You see the post I quoted. I didn't pull it out of nowhere. Despite what someone may try to make you believe, haha
I dont want to put words in his mouth, but seems like he was talking in general about how Black coaches dont get 2nd chances. But hey, this is not my fight. Just wanted to make sure bcos i had not heard Lewis or Bowles getting championed for in general.

I dont want to put words in his mouth, but seems like he was talking in general about how Black coaches dont get 2nd chances. But hey, this is not my fight.

You can't talk in general, and list specific names, haha. I'm just saying if you want someone fired for being bad at their job, you can't follow that up with being mad they're not getting hired to do the same job.

I don't remember anyone fighting for Marvin Lewis. Everyone couldn't figure out why it took so long to fire him.

LMAOOOOO

bruh, a 1st for a 32 year old quarterback w a history of back problems. Has Stafford ever even won a playoff gm, like ever. 3rd and 5th imo. Maybe a late 2nd if you out bidding another team.

Plus how much longer does Stafford even plan on playing. I could see him bein 1 and done

If you are are team like SF or NO, a 1st for Stafford is not a high price to pay before your window closes. Stafford may get hurt, but he’ll play through it and is an above average QB that can lead a team right away. The alternative is emptying your cupboard for Deshaun or hoping a rookie can catch on. The latter is why Denver has been stagnant.

With QB's like him playing til late 30s a 1st ain't shit for him. He going to a better organization no matter what so he'll be reenergized and I can see him playing 4-5 more years and a high level.

What they said.

I ain't talking about a team with a high draft pick. But a team on the cusp of the playoffs (SF), or teams that made the playoffs and have a questionable QB situation (WFT,Steelers, Saints). Hell yeah they'd give up pick 23 to have a chance to be picking 32nd the following year.

giphy (1).gif

Back