Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro from a business perspective we probably shouldn't do that. I love Jrue too though man, but dynasty potential> Jrue Swan song
Nah

I'm being realistic about the Pelicans outlook and want jrue to win a ring and hoping it's against the _______.

Pelicans can't do anything really with those picks unless Milwaukee sucks and sucks royaly.

Nah

I'm being realistic about the Pelicans outlook and want jrue to win a ring and hoping it's against the _______.

Pelicans can't do anything really with those picks unless Milwaukee sucks and sucks royaly.
If Jrue wins,Giannis likely stays is what I'm saying. Giannis leaves and.....

He isn't lying at all.

If Giannis leaves even after all these moves the Bucks will be bad for a long time. They have mortgaged their future big time.

The other big thing is Giannis has to get better as a player. He has got to be able to hit at least mid 70's from the line and either get a go to post move or get a consistent mid range jumper. The last two playoffs the teams that knocked them out of the playoffs neutralized his offense. He didn't even average mid 20's in points per game against Toronto and Miami (he did get hurt, but still) the last two seasons. The teams just slowed them from running and kept Giannis from driving into the paint.

He definitely isn't getting as much flack as he should for those Bucks teams underachieving in the playoffs. I mean the team does need more but usually the great players raise their play in the playoffs but the last two MVP seasons in the playoff series losses he hasn't played well

Last edited:
He isn't lying at all.

If Giannis leaves even after all these moves the Bucks will be bad for a long time. They have mortgaged their future big time.

The other big thing is Giannis has to get better as a player. He has got to be able to hit at least mid 70's from the line and either get a go to post move or get a consistent mid range jumper. The last two playoffs the teams that knocked them out of the playoffs neutralized his offense. He didn't even average mid 20's in points per game against Toronto and Miami (he did get hurt, but still) the last two seasons. The teams just slowed them from running and kept Giannis from driving into the paint.

He definitely isn't getting as much flack as he should for those Bucks teams underachieving in the playoffs. I mean the team does need more but usually the great players raise their play in the playoffs but the last two MVP seasons in the playoff series losses he hasn't played well

Facts.

Better teammates will help though.

The heat packed the paint against the Bucks, and when Giannis would pass the ball out, mfers couldnt hit shots.

Giannis needs to get better for sure. But the players around him also need to be able to eat when giannis is being tripple teamed.

Elaborate
Magic, Thunder, Rockets, Nets, Sixers, etc..

Seem to have their future plans always structured around a upcoming free agent. Will dump salaries and trade promising players in Hope's to land one guy. The guy dont sign to them, they scramble to sign an aight guy, build around them.

Get the fan base amped that they might actually just build chemistry through the draft and smart trades. That they will be a scrappy and tough team. Then someone becomes available and they immediately dump youth again to create tandems that dont fit...just to go down in the playoff and reup the process again.

The Heat, Boston, and Golden State are the few teams that dont do this and ironically. They are the few teams that have actual offensive systems that's not entirely based on drive, dish, and defense

They have a nucleus that they consistently build around and add pieces to. They have a nucleus that their offensive system is built around to maximize the talents of their roster.
The Heat and Warriors want Giannis and are willing to mortgage their future and young assets if need be.

The Heat and Warriors want Giannis and are willing to mortgage their future and young assets if need be.

Exactly.

Not to mention Boston just a couple of seasons ago traded away Thomas for Irving. Then signed Hayward, let Irving walk and signed Walker. Lmao.

The offense changed each time (due to player movement and development) but still had a good amount of drive and kick elements. Shit this season Boston did a lot of iso ball which is kinda sad with all the offensive talent they have

Boston has a ton of talent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back