Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Draft thread

@silverfoxx

I think the Spurs would take Okongwu before Williams. I also think Okongwu isn't going to fall that far in the draft

Also some of the players positions are wrong for some reason. Like Patick Williams labeled as a guard for example

Bane said his Sixers interview was led by Vince Rozman, the team’s vice president of scouting. He named the Sixers, Suns and Bucks as teams his agent, Seth Cohen of SAC Sports, thought had shown the most interest, in addition to two Bane couldn’t recall at the time. Phoenix’s only pick in the upcoming draft is No. 10, while Milwaukee’s only selection is No. 24. The Sixers own the 21st pick and four second-rounders, including No. 34 and No. 36. “Shooting is a necessity for them; they need a lot of shooting,” Bane said of the Sixers. “Obviously the attention that Ben Simmons and (Joel) Embiid demand is huge, so guys like me are very valuable that can play off the ball and make shots, have similar success to JJ Redick and Landry Shamet in previous years, running off screens. I feel like I can provide some of those same things.”

Desmond Bane has become a Zoom expert. He said last week in an NBA Draft Combine call with reporters that he’d virtually interviewed with 26 teams. It came as no surprise that the Sixers were on that list for the 6-foot-6, 215-pound TCU product whose main selling point is that he can sink long-range jumpers and also do a little bit of everything else. “There’s been a lot of interest with Philly,” Bane said. “We feel good about where we’re at with Philly.”

– via Noah Levick @ NBC Sports

It doesn’t look like there will be a Cole Anthony homecoming – unless the Nets take him at 19. The Knicks are leaning against taking the Manhattan point guard with the No. 8 pick, or even if they trade down into the 14-15-range, according to an industry source

An SNY report in the spring stated the Knicks had researched Anthony “extensively.” However, that research hasn’t netted a desire to take Anthony with their lottery pick.

– via Marc Berman @ New York Post

Killian Tillie is a picture-perfect NBA role player, but his college career and pro trajectory have been clouded with question marks due to his injury-prone past. How NBA teams plan to approach that injury history remains to be seen, but he’s certainly worth a selection in the 2020 NBA Draft

Tillie had a good interview with the Boston Celtics back in the spring, per a source. With four total picks in this year’s draft, the Celtics will continue to meet with a wide range of players, but this information allows us to explore his potential fit in Boston.

– via Chris Grenham @ Forbes.com

Killian Tillie is a picture-perfect NBA role player, but his college career and pro trajectory have been clouded with question marks due to his injury-prone past. How NBA teams plan to approach that injury history remains to be seen, but he’s certainly worth a selection in the 2020 NBA Draft

Tillie had a good interview with the Boston Celtics back in the spring, per a source. With four total picks in this year’s draft, the Celtics will continue to meet with a wide range of players, but this information allows us to explore his potential fit in Boston.

– via Chris Grenham @ Forbes.com

MY BOY!!!!!! But if he goes to the Celtics, i will disown him.

@#1hiphopjunki3 @A.F.R.I.C.A do any of u think there is any player in this class as good as Cade?

probably but I can’t call it. This feels a bit like the 2015 draft where the best player in the draft can be selected anywhere from 1-20. Gianis went 15th that year. I wouldn’t at all be shocked if we looked up 5 yrs from now and Poku ends up being this years Gianis. That being said no I do not think there is a player as good as Cade however I’m not even sure Cade is the best player in his own clsss

probably but I can’t call it. This feels a bit like the 2015 draft where the best player in the draft can be selected anywhere from 1-20. Gianis went 15th that year. I wouldn’t at all be shocked if we looked up 5 yrs from now and Poku ends up being this years Gianis. That being said no I do not think there is a player as good as Cade however I’m not even sure Cade is the best player in his own clsss
WOW, who do u think is better than Cade so i can watch more of them. Garuba is the only other guy i have also watched closely, but his offense is too limited right now. I checked out some Jalen Green when he signed for the G-League, solid prospect, but i need to watch more.

Back