8. C Onyeka Okongwu

9. G Tyrese Maxey

10. F Isaac Okoro

11.G RJ Hampton - Dante Exum

12. G Cole Anthony

13. Aleksej Pokuševski

14. G Devin Vassell - Otto Porter Jr

Last edited:
It may be his only problem but it is severe. He shot Georgia out of the game against Kentucky last night while displaying an embarrassing BBIQ. Tom Crean clearly sold him on coming to Georgia by offering high usage and an unlimited green light. That's not going to do him any favors as a player and I see it taking a year or two under a good coach to wrangle him into being an all-star.

He has all the talent in the world but if he ends up on a shitty franchise it could be really bad news for his career.

His versatility and outside shooting touch (34 percent from 3) has the 19-year-old as a top-five pick in some mock drafts. The Knicks, who select eighth and feel they need more outside shooting from the forward position, plan to interview Avdija, according to a source. “The Knicks are an NBA organization, a good young NBA organization,’’ Avdija said. “I don’t mind joining any team. I’m super excited to take my game to the next level

There is all the rage about Avdija partly because of the fantastic success of another European position-less play-making wing, Luka Doncic, who also comes from the EuroLeague. Maccabi Tel Aviv plays in the Israeli League and the much-tougher EuroLeague, where Avdija didn’t play as many minutes. “What Luka he’s doing right now is great,’’ Avdija said. “We came from the same league basically so I understand why people, they see familiar things. I want to make it clear he’s a great player and has his own path and skills and I have my own path and skills. I have my own abilities — the good and bad. I just don’t want to be compared to anybody.”

– via Marc Berman @ New York Post

Back