Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

The NFL would never split up these rivalries. Dallas/DC, Ravens/Steelers, Chiefs/Raiders and Fakcons/'Aints are ratings bonanzas for the networks and the league. You can even throw the Browns/Ravens, Bengals/Browns . Too many tickets and merchandise are sold around those games and too many ppl are watching twice a year every year to change it. You can try to create new rivaleries but the league and the fans will not destroy the best of the old rivaleries.

The Falcons/'Aints been going at it twice a year for 50 years. Ppl in ATL and NOLA plan trips back and forth for that game every year. We dont do that for Carolina with is only 4 hours away or Tampa which is on the beach. Regardless of the records the Falcons/'Aints is always the highlight of the season.

The idea of breaking up the Chicago/Green Bay rivalry is blasphemous. They are playing in the Thursday night season opening kickoff game this year. That game is always reserved for the SB champs. But the league is celebrating its 100th year anniversary and they choose to highlight its oldest rivalry instead of the current champion. That's how important the league sees these rivalries as. They'll rather highlight the oldest rivalry in the league than the defending SB champs and current dynasty. The league and the fans will NEVER break that rivalry up nor should they. The day the Bears/Packers arent in the same division is the day what's left of the NFL officially dies.
Nah. You nit splitting up rivalries if the teams still play...just would be once a yr instead of twice...
the NFL needs new rivalries and those games could be the thanksgiving day games instead of fucking detroit vs whoever every year

This right here...make these games into Holiday classics for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Thanksgiving slate of games:

Bears/Pack (10-1)
Cowboys/Skins (1:30 - 430)
Steelers/Ravens (500 -800)
Chiefs/Raiders (Night game)

Thats a helluva slate

Nah. You nit splitting up rivalries if the teams still play...just would be once a yr instead of twice...

This right here...make these games into Holiday classics for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Thanksgiving slate of games:

Bears/Pack (10-1)
Cowboys/Skins (1:30 - 430)
Steelers/Ravens (500 -800)
Chiefs/Raiders (Night game)

Thats a helluva slate
never happen. neither the league nor the networks would cut the massive profits and ratings in half for their premier rivalry games. they might get a 1 time huge annual bump for the holiday but that doesn't replace the 2 huge bumps they are already getting twice a year every year.

cutting the bears/packers,cowboys/skins or ravens/steelers games in half would be like mlb cutting the yankees/red sox, dodgers/giants or cardinals/cubs games in half and that will never happen. the money and ratings are too good to be fucked with.

Yeesh.

Bascially, it said that Godgers is a spoiled, ultra-gifted asshole and McCarthy was dumb as a pack of Gronks.

I like em, people shitting on them on Twitter tho

Muhfucka on there said they worse than Le'Veon's raps.
giphy.gif

I watched the "release party". Jets players basically said if they don't play well, the unis don't matter. For all the hype its a let down imo. I rock w em tho

If half the shit in that interview is true...shit was wild in green bay. All I got from that interview, is that belichik likes to keep a good backup QB in order to keep Tom Brady in check.

Yo, if yall can find it, cause I'm not gone look for it. There was a clip from back in the day when Bret Farve was still there and he said that McCarthy pulled him to the sideline and told him to run that play where they do that slant thingy. Brett said he looked at him and said, u got it coach.

When I saw that shit, I thought it was because dude was a defensive guru and didnt have much input on the offense. Now that shit actually makes alot of sense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26448004/sources-rosen-expected-cardinals-workouts

Sources: Rosen expected at Cardinals workouts

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen is expected to report for the start of the team's offseason program Monday despite rampant trade speculation, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday.

With less than three weeks until the NFL draft, the Cardinals have yet to engage in trade talks involving the 2018 first-round pick, sources told Schefter.

There's widespread belief the Cardinals will draft Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the first overall pick on April 25.

There was precedent had Rosen decided not to report. Defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah didn't report Monday for the start of the Cleveland Browns' offseason program amid reports he was about to get traded; Ogbah was indeed traded to the Kansas City Chiefs later in the day.

However, despite reported interest from a number of teams, the Cardinals have yet to make Rosen available via trade.

Rosen was drafted 10th overall last year and was inserted in the starting lineup by Week 4. The Cardinals finished 3-13 after a turbulent season that saw two offensive coordinators. Head coach Steve Wilks was fired after the season and replaced by former Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury.

Kingsbury recruited Murray to Texas A&M when he was the Aggies' offensive coordinator, fueling speculation Arizona will choose the Heisman Trophy winner with the top pick later this month.

Back