Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NBA Playoffs West Finals: #1 Golden State Warriors vs #3 Portland Fraile and FailedBlazers (GSW sweeps 4-0 🧹)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So people consider Durant hands-down the best player in the league? How did that happen? If people believe that, it's fine, but when did Durant surpass Lebron? He's spent that last couple years on a team putting up big numbers because it's deep enough to spread defenses thin. How does that make him the best? He wouldn't be putting up those numbers if he was on a team where he was the one and only guy.
I think I said this a while back...I was told to gtfoh and he got MVP.

So people consider Durant hands-down the best player in the league? How did that happen? If people believe that, it's fine, but when did Durant surpass Lebron? He's spent that last couple years on a team putting up big numbers because it's deep enough to spread defenses thin. How does that make him the best? He wouldn't be putting up those numbers if he was on a team where he was the one and only guy.

The last time KD was the only person on the team he averaged 32, 7.5 and 6.5 and all that while shooting 50-40-90.

The best single season performance of the last decade.

The best player is debateable, but even if hes not the best player, hes top 3 so putting him #1 aint some crazy ass notion.

Yeah he would and he has. He’s Kevin Durant.

The last time KD was the only person on the team he averaged 32, 7.5 and 6.5 and all that while shooting 50-40-90.

The best single season performance of the last decade.

The best player is debateable, but even if hes not the best player, hes top 3 so putting him #1 aint some crazy ass notion.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with people thinking he's the best, but now they are acting like it's hands-down. That seems to be some reactionary shit based on this year.

Yeah he would and he has. He’s Kevin Durant.

Didn't he put up record breaking stats or something like that this year? Also, what does him being Kevin Durant have to do with anything. All his number don't even mean shit given his team wins like 80% of its games with him off the court. Losing Curry has been shown to be more detrimental to the team than losing Durant. How can you be the unquestioned best player in the league when your team doesn't even need you to win and arguably plays better team basketball when you're gone? Say what you want about Lebron, but when he's gone, his teams tank. Part of that is that his teams tend to be too reliant on him and he does nothing to help his teammates grow beyond him. However, the other part of it is that he plays a vital role on his teams that can't be covered by his teammates. You can't say the same about Durant.

The better question would be, how does anyone consider Lebron to be better than Durant in 2019?

I asked the question in the top 10 SF thread and didn't get a response.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with people thinking he's the best, but now they are acting like it's hands-down. That seems to be some reactionary shit based on this year.

Didn't he put up record breaking stats or something like that this year? Also, what does him being Kevin Durant have to do with anything. All his number don't even mean shit given his team wins like 80% of its games with him off the court. Losing Curry has been shown to be more detrimental to the team than losing Durant. How can you be the unquestioned best player in the league when your team doesn't even need you to win and arguably plays better team basketball when you're gone? Say what you want about Lebron, but when he's gone, his teams tank. Part of that is that his teams tend to be too reliant on him and he does nothing to help his teammates grow beyond him. However, the other part of it is that he plays a vital role on his teams that can't be covered by his teammates. You can't say the same about Durant.

Fam, KD career playoff scoring average is the 3rd highest in history and higher than anyone currently in the NBA including Curry, Bron etc.

Saying KD cant do this without the warriors is foolish.

KD also led OKC to multiple 60+ win seasons, and after getting to the finals, his team was never healthy again until they blew that 3-1 lead to the warriors.

The only real criticism you can give KD is that him and Russ blew that 3-1 lead.

Saying stuff like KD cant do this without the warriors just shows you need to do your history.

Also we saying KD is the best player in the league now, no one saying hes better than Bron all time. Theres not a single player in the league right now that can carry a team like Bron could, thats why hes top 3 all time.

Last edited:
It's simple, Steph is the "system" KD is not. The system was in place before KD got there and it'll be in place when he leaves. He knows this and it's why he's willing to leave.

Everything they do is structured around what Steph can and can't do, not KD. So when you take Steph out of the equation they become just a good team.

Just look at how they run plays with Steph vs KD. Everybody is moving, Steph is coming off a stagger and Klay is on the weak side coming off a flare, next thing you know Looney slipped the screen for a wide open layup from the top of the key by Draymond.

When it's just KD they don't get everybody involved like that as often. And that's not a detriment to him, Steph is just really that fucking good. And honestly people forgot that.

Fam, KD career playoff scoring average is the 3rd highest in history and higher than anyone currently in the NBA including Curry, Bron etc.

Saying KD cant do this without the warriors is foolish.

KD also led OKC to multiple 60+ win seasons, and after getting to the finals, his team was never healthy again until they blew that 3-1 lead to the warriors.

The only real criticism you can give KD is that him and Russ blew that 3-1 lead.

Saying stuff like KD cant do this without the warriors just shows you need to do your history.

Also we saying KD is the best player in the league now, no one saying hes better than Bron all time. Theres not a single player in the league right now that can carry a team like Bron could, thats why hes top 3 all time.

We can argue coulda shoulda wouldas all day. The point is that nigga didn't win any championships before he got to the Warriors and he wasn't averaging 36 pts in the playoffs before the Warriors. The Warriors were winning championships before him.

And I get that people are talking about now when they compare him to Lebron, but even with that, I don't see what KD for people to give him the nod. Again, he's putting up good numbers and winning big, but he's doing that on a team that gives him way more freedom than the average superstar gets and is championship caliber without him. How does that in itself put him above Lebron, even if we're only talking about over the past couple years?

We can argue coulda shoulda wouldas all day. The point is that nigga didn't win any championships before he got to the Warriors and he wasn't averaging 36 pts in the playoffs before the Warriors. The Warriors were winning championships before him.

And I get that people are talking about now when they compare him to Lebron, but even with that, I don't see what KD for people to give him the nod. Again, he's putting up good numbers and winning big, but he's doing that on a team that gives him way more freedom than the average superstar gets and is championship caliber without him. How does that in itself put him above Lebron, even if we're only talking about over the past couple years?

Fuck it. I dont got another paragraph or two in me.

We agree to disagree.

It's simple, Steph is the "system" KD is not. The system was in place before KD got there and it'll be in place when he leaves. He knows this and it's why he's willing to leave.

Everything they do is structured around what Steph can and can't do, not KD. So when you take Steph out of the equation they become just a good team.

Just look at how they run plays with Steph vs KD. Everybody is moving, Steph is coming off a stagger and Klay is on the weak side coming off a flare, next thing you know Looney slipped the screen for a wide open layup from the top of the key by Draymond.

When it's just KD they don't get everybody involved like that as often. And that's not a detriment to him, Steph is just really that fucking good. And honestly people forgot that.

Yea top 3, no doubt, but "the best "nahhhh....go some place else as "the man" and try to win one. Then we can talk "the best hands down...."

This might be my favorite series for this reason.

That podcast with CJ and KD, CJ was talking about how he was mad that KD joined the warriors and then even more mad that Cousins joined the warriors.

CJ was mad cause that meant the Blazers wont be able to beat the warriors.

Now we come to this series. KD hurt and hasnt played a game, Cousins hurt and hasnt played a game, and the Blazers look like theyre about to be swept.

Shits hilarious.

Last edited:
Hey man I wasnt saying you were wrong but moreso I thought the blazers would take advantage of the warriors and taking into account they were tested against both the Clippers (to a lesser extent) and rockets, and factoring in the blazers being hot...

Damn yo Durant told CJ don't worry about the teams at the top and they about to get swept by a Durant less team lol

Why wouldn't you want to put yourself in a position that makes it easier for you to shine in a major way ? I never understood the logic as if to say LeBron joined the Cavs to prove a point. Nigga left the Cavs for the very same reason KD left OKC.

Fuck that shit these niggas not getting any younger. I would have gone to Golden State too and cemented my legacy as a multiple champion and leave the frustration to the pundits.

Bruh, if all you want to do is win championships, then you can go wherever you want where you feel you'll have the best chance. That's fine. But you can't be like KD talking about he wants to be considered one of the greatest, and do your best work on a team that doesn't even need you. Just getting championships in and of itself doesn't make a legacy. Bill Russel has more of them than anyone and I bet no one here puts him in their top 5. It's not just how many championships you win, it's how you win them. If GS wins the championship this year without KD, then that nigga's existence on the team is pointless You can bring up LeBron going to Miami all you want. He was criticized for that too and he still had to be great for that team to win. When he left that team went down the toilet. And as you yourself point out, LBJ realized that he had to go back to CLE to cement his legacy.

Back