Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (RAPTORS WIN 1️⃣st NBA TITLE)

Who wins the NBA Title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No one “does it on their own”

Lebron and now Kawhi get WAAAAAY too much credit for supposedly “doing it on their own”

Steph and KD get WAAAAY too much criticism for not “doing it on their own”

To the point where they are “overrated” and “not as great”.

It’s ridiculous.

Im just pointing out the hypocrisy and hyperbole.
Lol so we're arguing over even distribution of credit?

Splash bros and KD takes less individual effort than KL and "Lowry better finally show up"

Both are not the same.

Im so confused on whats being argued.

So everyone overrating Kawhi but underrating KD but almost everyone, from professional analysts to coaches to fans have KD rated higher than Kawhi.

Other than a handful of people compared to 100s of others, everyone has KD as being better than Kawhi.

Also, this Raptors team is the least talented team thats made the finals since the Mavs.

Lets keep it real. The Heat with Bron Wade and Bosh had more talent. The Spurs with an old ass Duncan, TP, Ginobli and a young Kawhi had more talented. The Cavs with Bron, Kyrie and Love were more talented. The warriors? More talented.

And add to the fact that the East was more competitive this year than Brons first ring.

And add the fact that the Sixers for sure and Bucks arguably had a better roster than the raptors and Kawhi got his team through both.

Kawhi deserves all the props coming his way.

Are you a Warriors fan or you’re just a Steph Curry fan?

I watch a lot of the Warriors games because I like their style of play. I’m not invested in who wins or loses any of these games.

I hate causal hot takes and bullshit narratives tho.

Lol so we're arguing over even distribution of credit?

Splash bros and KD takes less individual effort than KL and "Lowry better finally show up"

Both are not the same.

That team is more than “Lowry” is my point.

Teams aren’t a few recognizable names on a jersey

I watch a lot of the Warriors games because I like their style of play. I’m not invested in who wins or loses any of these games.

I hate causal hot takes and bullshit narratives tho.
I honestly can’t tell. Seems like you’re pulling for the Warriors but I understand where you’re coming from.

Read that GS expected the series to go the distance or damn near so it was no point in playing Klay to risk further injury.

Idk if that's hubris or what but I guess they think they're in a good position.

Im so confused on whats being argued.

So everyone overrating Kawhi but underrating KD but almost everyone, from professional analysts to coaches to fans have KD rated higher than Kawhi.

Other than a handful of people compared to 100s of others, everyone has KD as being better than Kawhi.

Also, this Raptors team is the least talented team thats made the finals since the Mavs.

Lets keep it real. The Heat with Bron Wade and Bosh had more talent. The Spurs with an old ass Duncan, TP, Ginobli and a young Kawhi had more talented. The Cavs with Bron, Kyrie and Love were more talented. The warriors? More talented.

And add to the fact that the East was more competitive this year than Brons first ring.

And add the fact that the Sixers for sure and Bucks arguably had a better roster than the raptors and Kawhi got his team through both.

Kawhi deserves all the props coming his way.

I agree with most of this. Especially the end.

However, you and the rest of the internet give absolutely no credit to how deep this Raptors team is.

Did you see the box score last night?
The starting 5 scored over 115 points.

Have you watched the Raptors season?

They were 13-3 without Kawhi. They could have ended up with the best record in the league.

They beat the Warriors in Oracle without Kawhi

They are probably the best defensive Team in the league.

They have experienced vets and very talented young players all over the roster.

DPOY, All Stars, All Defense Teams, Leaders of Top Tier Teams, Players with Championships, Finals Experience, Superb 3 pt Shooting guards

I don’t know how you look at this team and claim they aren’t talented just because they aren’t All Stars or flashy players.

The only reason I can see is if you are trying to make Kawhi look better than he is.

He doesn’t need that. He’s great on his own merits.

Last edited:
I agree with most of this. Especially the end.

However, you and the rest of the internet give absolutely no credit to how deep this Raptors team is.

Did you see the box score last night?
The starting 5 scored over 115 points.

Have you watched the Raptors season?

They were 13-3 without Kawhi. They could have ended up with the best record in the league.

They beat the Warriors in Oracle without Kawhi

They are probably the best defensive Team in the league.

They have experienced vets and very talented young players all over the roster.

DPOY, All Stars, All Defense Teams, Leaders of Top Tier Teams, Players with Championships, Finals Experience, Superb 3 pt Shooting guards

I don’t know how you look at this team and claim they aren’t talented just because they aren’t All Stars or flashy players.

The only reason I can see is if you are trying to make Kawhi look better than he is.

He doesn’t need that. He’s great on his own merits.

No one said the Raptors have a trash roster. But fam in the playoffs they've had trash ass games. Kawhi literally dragged them passed the Sixers. The raptors were so frustrating to watch because they would literally pass up 2-3 open shots per position and force Kawhi to take and make contested jumpers.

Realistically the raptors have the 3rd most talented team in the East. If someone said the Celtics had more talent but could never mesh, I couldnt even argue that.

Not even counting the West, the Raptors were not even the most talented team in the East. Do you even debate that?

When was the last time the 3rd, maybe 4th most talented team made the finals?

No one said the Raptors have a trash roster. But fam in the playoffs they've had trash ass games. Kawhi literally dragged them passed the Sixers. The raptors were so frustrating to watch because they would literally pass up 2-3 open shots per position and force Kawhi to take and make contested jumpers.

Realistically the raptors have the 3rd most talented team in the East. If someone said the Celtics had more talent but could never mesh, I couldnt even argue that.

Not even counting the West, the Raptors were not even the most talented team in the East. Do you even debate that?

When was the last time the 3rd, maybe 4th most talented team made the finals?

The top 4 in the east are all very talented teams.

I think the Raptors have the best roster in the East.

I would call the Raptors and Bucks pretty close and I think the Raps have more experience - even with their best player.

I chose the Bucks to beat them because I thought Giannis was better than he is. But Kawhi proved that he is the superior player.

Sixers are very Top heavy without much depth or shooting. As you said Raptors played terrible against them, but it doesn’t mean they don’t have more depth.

Celtics are mostly kids who had a good run. Very talented but not more talented, deep, or experienced than the Raptors.

“That’s not counting the West”

You acting like the Top Tier of the East this year wasn’t monstrous against everyone including the West.

Who had the best record in the league this year?
2nd Best?

What team in the West would you put above the Bucks or Raptors and why?
  • Rockets
  • Blazers
  • Nuggets
  • OKC

Do you gauge the talent of a team based on the top level and purely offensive skill set without consideration for defense?

I guess if that’s your criteria I can see how you would come to those conclusions.

Last edited:
Back