Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (RAPTORS WIN 1️⃣st NBA TITLE)

Who wins the NBA Title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hughes.....

View attachment 138061

He could put the ball on the floor but was an erratic shooter. He could defend a little and play passing lanes/get steals, but he was the definition of inconsistency all around. That bout it.

Donyell.........

View attachment 138060

That nikka would be a DNP-CD.

Stop w/ the caveat's (excluding Draymond)/ (under 35). Iggy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> both them nikkas.

Remember this is all relative.

We not comparing Larry Hughes to Larry Bird.

We comparing him to the likes of Jonas Jerebko ...

Iggy is, hobbled and struggling to play 20+ minutes in the playoffs. He is much better in high leverage moments but where was he in the regular season? Averaging 4 points a game and resting?

Remember, this team doesnt have Klay or KD. You counting on a 35 yr old Iggy to give you 25+ min a games and score consistently over 82 games and 3 rounds? Or just the last 5 minutes of a playoff game. You still have to GET to the Finals in the West.

It wasnt a caveat. I was trying to help you out. The guy is old and limited for long stretches. This isn’t 2015.

You can talk about Hughes all you want but the guy averaged 14 pts a game for his career. That’s almost 3X as much as Iggy. He wasn’t a scrub. Dubbs could have used that last night.

Let’s talk abut Draymond.

Big Z averaged almost double what Draymond did this year and was a consistent rebounder and 7’3” scorer in the post. You think the Dubbs could have used a 7 ft Center in the paint last night?

Dray is an exceptional defender but But Big Z wasn’t a slouch and a better rim protector than Draymond is. Raps have put up a ton of points in the paint this series.

We don’t have the splash brothers to create the spacing for Dray to operate. A team can key in on Steph for their patented pick and roll. There is virtually zero shooting on the floor for the Warriors. That unit is not a great fast break team running or finishing at the rim, ether.

You’ve just taken away 80% of Draymond’s advantages on offense. Big Z doesn’t need that. Give him a box down low or a free throw line jumper and he can get your 13 a game. Is he better than Draymond? No. Could he be more valuable to a team like this? Yeah.

You taking 33 yr old Shaun Livingston or Donyell Marshall?

Marshall is bigger, stronger, a better rebounder and a better scorer. Check the receipts.

Next your going to tell me Boogie is an All Star/ HOFamer, right?

He just put up 4-3-2 on 1 for 7 shooting when his team DESPERATELY needed his scoring and post presence.

This season???
In these playoffs??? Ok man. You got it.

You don’t remember those Cleveland guys fondly because they weren’t good team. But you think the guys out there last night are automatically better because they have on Gold and White Jerseys.

Nah ...

Bron is an All Time Great. We don’t have to inflate his legacy by pretending he “played with scrubs his entire career”

He played on some bad teams. But they weren’t walking corpses.

And win he won, he won with with All Stars/ HOFamers. There’s no shame in that.

He’s still Top 3 All Time

Peace ur over complicating tf out of one loss by a severely injured team. Doin the same shit some Bron fans did with the nitpicking.

This a classic case of "Oh thats different"

When Brons go to guy was reduced to the caliber of Dellavedova who was leaving the game on a stretcher yall didnt wanna hear shit. But now ur giving us titangraphs.

Gsw made the sacrifice of a deeper bench to have a the strongest star power lineup. They didnt anticipate this many injuries.

Ur really gonna cry bc while they have the top 2 out of 3 players in the league theyre not all star caliber on the bench?

Cmon fam

Ur reaching

If everyone is healthy thus the favorites, ur not gonna be coppin pleas, ur gonna tell us u dont wanna hear excuses. Extend the same courtesy.

Didn't think this
Why the Kawhi hate?

I guess he really did arrive.

He gets away with push offs? Which superstar doesnt?

He got away with a walk? Which superstar doesnt?

He literally had times when he was dragging his team to victories, but cause the raptors had a great game 3 as a team, now he not carrying his team.

Mark of a superstar is when fans officially start turning on you though.
Didn't think this ESPN comment section logic would happen here

He’s 1B player in the league. I have him behind KD.

The point is people act like this roster is trash and has to be carried.

It’s not.

This is a great team.
Did you watch some of those Buck's games or some of the Sixers' games? Kawhi carried all of the North, a hurt leg, and Drake

Did you watch some of those Buck's games or some of the Sixers' games? Kawhi carried all of the North, a hurt leg, and Drake

He played excellent, put up great stats, and had one of the greatest playoff runs in history. He led his team to Victory in the first few rounds.

I guess I have a different definition of “carrying” a team.

Gsw made the sacrifice of a deeper bench to have a the strongest star power lineup
. They didnt anticipate this many injuries.

If everyone is healthy thus the favorites, ur not gonna be coppin pleas, ur gonna tell us u dont wanna hear excuses. Extend the same courtesy.

Here’s the thing.

I agree with all of this.

And they don’t have an excuse. I was literally arguing this a few pages ago.

Injuries aren’t excuses.

Not for Kawhi. Not for the Dubbs. No for Lebron.

It some players aren’t exempt from this standard.

Check how many times people bring up Kawhi’s leg in here. The dude is putting up 30+ In the Finals. I don’t want to hear about his leg.
Other players don’t get a pass, he shouldn’t either.

Ur really gonna cry bc while they have the top 2 out of 3 players in the league theyre not all star caliber on the bench?
Steph isn’t Top 3 but that’s beside the point.

Bench is not “All Star” caliber?

Straw man, much?

They have one of the weakest rosters in terms of depth in the league.

I’d just like someone to acknowledge this and stop pretending they’re roster is equivalent to the Showtime Lakers or Birds Celtics.

Gsw made the sacrifice of a deeper bench to have a the strongest star power lineup
. They didnt anticipate this many injuries.

EXACTLY.

You just made my entire argument.

People want to make it like they are playing with the dream team and that Steph and KD should never get any credit whatsoever and that the 2 chips they won should have an asterisk beside them.

Because they just hand out Championships to talented teams.

Like Shaq didn’t have Kobe
Kareem, Magic
Bird, Mchale
Lebron Wade Bosh etc

Then, that team already lacking depth (as you just claimed) falls a part and it’s -

“Lebron had that roster his “whole career”

Did he? Really???

Or do we just like to build one guy up and tear down his competition?

Just keep it 100

Last edited:
Here’s the thing.

I agree with all of this.

And they don’t have an excuse. I was literally arguing this a few pages ago. Injuries aren’t excuses.

Not for Kawhi. Not for the Dubbs.

Check how many times people bring up Kawhi’s leg in here. The dude is putting up 30+ In the Finals. I don’t want to hear about his leg.
Other players don’t get a pass, he shouldn’t either.

Steph isn’t Top 3 but that’s beside the point.

Bench is not “All Star” caliber?

Straw man, much?

They have one of the weakest rosters in terms of depth in the league.

I’d just like someone to acknowledge this and stop pretending they’re roster is equivalent to the Showtime Lakers or Birds Celtics.

EXACTLY.

You just made my entire argument.

People want to make it like they are playing with the dream team and that Steph and KD should never get any credit whatsoever and that the 2 chips they won should have an asterisk beside them.

Because they just hand out Championships to talented teams.

Like Shaq didn’t have Kobe
Kareem, Magic
Bird, Mchale
Lebron Wade Bosh etc

Then, that team already lacking depth (as you just claimed) falls a part and it’s -

“Lebron had that roster his “whole career”

Did he? Really???

Or do we just like to build one guy up and tear down his competition?

Just keep it 100
Bruh a healthy gsw team is better than any cleveland team w Bron

just saw a highlight reel of the refs calls

some of them were iffy and could've gone either way, but some of them, as ugly as they looked, were actual fouls

you have to look at the shooter the entire time to see if the defender does anything to alter their shot. Im sure 99.9% of fans look at the ball once it's released, but as an official, you cant if the shot is in your primary area of coverage. The other two officials will tell you if the shot is good, but you gotta look at the entire play

a lot of the other calls i felt were exaggerated movements/flailing by the shooters, but this is the NBA now

Who argued that point?
U brought up Brons roster. Ur talking about how tough gsw has it when they been the favs all year. When healthy theyre a much better team than anyone in the league. Idk whats the point in continuously bringing Bron up.

Its the whole "Steph gotta do it on his own"

Where we hear that before?

U brought up Brons roster. Ur talking about how tough gsw has it when they been the favs all year. When healthy theyre a much better team than anyone in the league. Idk whats the point in continuously bringing Bron up.

Its the whole "Steph gotta do it on his own"

Where we hear that before?

No one “does it on their own”

Lebron and now Kawhi get WAAAAAY too much credit for supposedly “doing it on their own”

Steph and KD get WAAAAY too much criticism for not “doing it on their own”

To the point where they are “overrated” and “not as great”.

It’s ridiculous.

Im just pointing out the hypocrisy and hyperbole.

No one “does it on their own”

Lebron and now Kawhi get WAAAAAY too much credit for supposedly “doing it on their own”

Steph and KD get WAAAAY too much criticism for not “doing it on their own”

To the point where they are “overrated” and “not as great”.

It’s ridiculous.

Im just pointing out the hypocrisy and hyperbole.
Are you a Warriors fan or you’re just a Steph Curry fan?

Back