Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 Oscars

But if he's been mad for being overlooked shouldn't be happy that he finally didnt feel slighted?

I could see if he was begging or hinging his success on what white ppl think then...

I was about to come in here and ask what yall thought about Spike Lee jumpin for joy for finally getting awarded by massa but then I just saw the paper boy shit

giphy.gif

So which awards from massa should black folks celebrate?

Cuz yo ass DAMN sure like to pick n chose.';;lll

But if he's been mad for being overlooked shouldn't be happy that he finally didnt feel slighted?

I could see if he was begging or hinging his success on what white ppl think then...
well he said in a speech afterwards that it seems like he lost again to a movie where someone was being driven around

so...you cant shit on them in one breath then be happy you got one in the other

It’s like this it’s mad niggas like Marbury who carved out great careers overseas and are on some we don’t need the NBA type shit but if the league comes calling w the right bag and situation they there

Yeah you can
im sure you are speaking literal, at least that's how i'm going to interpret your comments

but thats like his character Mookie in Do the right thing, knowingly working for an owner who has a son that takes every chance he gets to shit on black folks, yet he continues to work there

so no...you cant

Green Book was great. The character had a pivotal scene about not being accepted by whites, blacks, or men.

Mahershala Ali is one of the great actors of our generation. Dude is a beast actor.

Vigo did well too. Didn't even know that was him until the credits rolled. He had that New York Italian accent and mannerism down pat.

I liked that the black man was the sophisticated one looking down his nose at his white driver. The scene when he's on his throne is dope! Good change of pace. Dude was super cultured.

Green Book was great. The character had a pivotal scene about not being accepted by whites, blacks, or men.

Mahershala Ali is one of the great actors of our generation. Dude is a beast actor.

Vigo did well too. Didn't even know that was him until the credits rolled. He had that New York Italian accent and mannerism down pat.

I liked that the black man was the sophisticated one looking down his nose at his white driver. The scene when he's on his throne is dope! Good change of pace. Dude was super cultured.

Except the 'Black man' being portrayed in this movie, his family have rejected the movie ..

I don't know what Spike thought... Every one of those films nominated for Best Picture had a chance of winning... That's why they were nominees for best picture

Green Book, isn't a film I'd be keen on seeing in a hurry ... The premise is a bit cliché for me... Congratulations to Ali though... Nigga stock rising on TV and film... Two Oscars in the space of two years

I was pleased as well for Regina King... She came a long way

Spike is getting old... But he still the man

Yea imma need a couple more cosigns before i try Green Book

The trailer didnt do it for me. Looks like a buddy road trips movie w/ racism & buckets of fried chicken

Yea imma need a couple more cosigns before i try Green Book

The trailer didnt do it for me. Looks like a buddy road trips movie w/ racism & buckets of fried chicken
That's what I thought too. I thought Mahershala was a southern gospel singer based on the trailers. And I had a different take on the white dude based on the trailers too.

I only ended up watching it cause it was the only thing me and my old lady could agree on.

Back