Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...all-fans-hate-him-and-the-patriots/111252708/

Tom Brady offers (incorrect) theory on why football fans hate him and the Patriots

Success breeds contempt. This is true for any perennially successful sports team, no matter how likable it might have been at the beginning of its run. Just look at the Warriors. They were God's gift to the NBA until they RUINED THE NBA!!!!!

That's why the Patriots, who have been lording over the NFL for two decades now, are despised by the other 31 fanbases around the league. But Tom Brady has a different theory as to why the Pats are so hated, which he revealed on WEEI's "Kirk and Callahan"

Via The Score:

"I think it's a different part about football, for example, in America," Brady said. "I mean, if you look at a lot of other sports around the world, at some point, maybe you get to represent your country, like watching the World Cup in the summer. I see all these soccer players that play for these different clubs but then come together for their country at some point.

"In America, we never get a chance to do that. So, most Americans that live in other parts of the country, they don't like the Patriots. They don't like me, and I can understand that. I mean, I was a 49ers fan at one point. They want to see their team win, and when they don't, I think they've got to direct that frustration somewhere else. When you've been successful like our team has been, I think frustration gets directed at us, and that's just part of it
."

Yeah, no. Brady is waaaaaaay off the mark here.

For instance, LeBron James is as polarizing an athlete as we've ever seen. He has represented the United States on the international stage multiple times and won several gold medals. Doesn't matter. Fans have still found a way to dislike him when he's running through their favorite team every spring.

The Patriots always win and have crushed the souls of many fanbases during the Brady era. When we did a list of every NFL team's most devastating loss, the Pats were responsible for five teams' worst moment, and that was written before "28-3" became a curse word for Falcons fans. And that group of five doesn't include any of the other three AFC East teams, or the Colts, or the Steelers, all of which have numerous reasons to dislike the team from New England.

And, whether it's deserved or not, the Patriots also have a reputation for bending the rules. That makes it much easier to resent New England and the success it has enjoyed over the last 17 years. A gold medal around Brady's neck would not change any of that.

Damn, and I was actually kinda mad at the time that we went with Justin Evans instead of him

Notable Players on NFL roster thats form NOLA and not a near by city. Could have names a entire starting offense and defense.

And the NOLA All-Time team is incredible with players like Marshall Faulk, P. Manning, A. Williams, Reggie Wayne A. Faneca etc..... . Amazing how my small city got so much talent

QB- Eli Manning
RB-L. Fournette
WR- ODB
WR- Mike Wallace
OL- Trai Turner

LB- Deion Jones
LB- Duke Riley
DB-Tyrann Mathieu
DB- Delvin Breaux

Champions, All Pros and Pro Bowls

I got Russell Wilson as my second best qb. He can do it all as a QB right behind Arod. I know a lot of people not going to agree but ill take him over any other QB besides Rodgers right now

That doesn't negate what I just said. Are you saying the the Seahawks offense is better the the saints?

Beacuse we have Brees thats what make our offense so great IMO

We def have more weapons now though.

So I would say it better.

Accuracy and reading defenses is the most important thing a QB can do

And Brees is better at both.

And this is without Brees running around till the defense cant cover so long.
How can you say that brees is more accurate and read defenses better when he has eclipsed 11 int in a season 10. While Rw has never thrown over 11 interception in a season

Back