Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna post this in here.

I say this with 0 hate. Just wondering what yall think.

Everyone keeps saying how hard the Clippers and the Nets play. And they do. So now everyone keeps saying how stars would be crazy not to join them.

My only thing is the reason these teams play so hard is because they dont have a star. As soon as you add a star or two, the whole play style changes, and the scrappyness goes away.

I feel like as soon as a real star joins either team, the whole culture will change.
The Nets need to continue developing their young players and maybe add a Julius Randle who would compliment them. Once you add stars the dynamic changes. At least the Nets have a potential star with Russell and possibly LeVert. The Clippers don’t have that so they definitely need to upgrade somewhere in the off-season.

Im gonna post this in here.

I say this with 0 hate. Just wondering what yall think.

Everyone keeps saying how hard the Clippers and the Nets play. And they do. So now everyone keeps saying how stars would be crazy not to join them.

My only thing is the reason these teams play so hard is because they dont have a star. As soon as you add a star or two, the whole play style changes, and the scrappyness goes away.

I feel like as soon as a real star joins either team, the whole culture will change.
Uhhh I don't agree only because of the TYPE of players they have

This is comparable to miami also

Clippers/Nets/Miami all promote a hard working culture that has been organic in each young core's upbringing and development

The only team I think maybe this kinda doesn't apply to is the Clippers because it's moreso montrezl and pat and temple busting their ass and infusing toughness and energy. But those guys will always be like that so they imprint on the team as emotional leaders

Gallo is ehhh also

But for nets/miami you could plug a star in there and for sure it would be the same because of the player development. Clippers are a bit lower as far as that but I think it still applies

You say that now... but we did beat y’all 3-1 during the season.
Listen I don't remember none of that shit lol

I was in middle school I was going through puberty

Btw jams I was reading some net fans comments about Brooklyn and I know it's not realistic but I think the nets should move back to Jersey and specifically Newark not the trash meadowlands

The Nets need to continue developing their young players and maybe add a Julius Randle who would compliment them. Once you add stars the dynamic changes. At least the Nets have a potential star with Russell and possibly LeVert. The Clippers don’t have that so they definitely need to upgrade somewhere in the off-season.

I agree with this but also dont get me wrong, if you can get two stars, you say fuck the culture and take the stars and adjust the game plan and culture for them.

Btw jams I was reading some net fans comments about Brooklyn and I know it's not realistic but I think the nets should move back to Jersey and specifically Newark not the trash meadowlands
That ain’t never happening. The NBA will never return to NJ. I wish though.

Uhhh I don't agree only because of the TYPE of players they have

This is comparable to miami also

Clippers/Nets/Miami all promote a hard working culture that has been organic in each young core's upbringing and development

The only team I think maybe this kinda doesn't apply to is the Clippers because it's moreso montrezl and pat and temple busting their ass and infusing toughness and energy. But those guys will always be like that so they imprint on the team as emotional leaders

Gallo is ehhh also

But for nets/miami you could plug a star in there and for sure it would be the same because of the player development. Clippers are a bit lower as far as that but I think it still applies

I still disagree.

Miami is an outlier. The only example Miami had is the Lebron years and Miami had Pat Riley and a star in Wade. Bron went there specifically to learn to win.

The current hard working culture of Miami never had a star join them. So we gonna have to see.

But this offseason is a bit different cause these teams potentially will have 2 stars joining them. I think it will matter on who the stars are. If you get them weirdo motherfuckers like Kawhi and Klay, I think the hard working scrappy culture remains intact. Ill even throw Kemba in there. If you get a combo of KD, Kyrie and Butler, no team culture will remain intact and the team will revolve around them.

That ain’t never happening. The NBA will never return to NJ. I wish though.
Only because in Brooklyn Niggas just use the nets games to watch their fav team because the garden too expensive and thus you never have a strong fan base in the arena. Plus Brooklyn Fans aren't exactly organic

Plus Newark is booming right now

Only because in Brooklyn Niggas just ue the nets games to watch their fav team because the garden too expensive and thus you never have a strong fan base in the arena. Plus Brooklyn Fans aren't exactly organic
What they got going for them are the young kids that are following the team now this will become super fans in a decade etc, plus the NJ holdovers like myself. But yeah there are definitely your share of fairweathers and hipsters hitting up the Barclays because it’s trendy.

Jersey aint supporting a basketball team man. Especially not in Newark.

Man I remember when I use to drive rich people from Bergen county to the airport as a youngin and they would tell me to never take route 21 and in convos tell me how they took the long way to work to avoid Paterson.

They aint going to no games in Newark.

Last edited:
I still disagree.

Miami is an outlier. The only example Miami had is the Lebron years and Miami had Pat Riley and a star in Wade. Bron went there specifically to learn to win.

The current hard working culture of Miami never had a star join them. So we gonna have to see.

But this offseason is a bit different cause these teams potentially will have 2 stars joining them. I think it will matter on who the stars are. If you get them weirdo motherfuckers like Kawhi and Klay, I think the hard working scrappy culture remains intact. Ill even throw Kemba in there. If you get a combo of KD, Kyrie and Butler, no team culture will remain intact and the team will revolve around them.
I was gonna say it depends on the star too lol

You have a legit thought but honestly the only team I see you being right about is the Clippers

They have a few hard working players but not a culture to fall back on

The Clippers got Jerry West man. I think they have a better chance to create and protect a culture with stars.

The Nets got Atkinson and Sean Marks, who imo are great, but dont have that cache yet.

Fuck it though.

Jersey aint supporting a basketball team man. Especially not in Newark.

Man I remember when I use to drive rich people from Bergen county to the airport as a youngin and they would tell me to never take route 21 and in convos tell me how they took the long way to work to avoid Paterson.

They aint going to no games.
I say this because the nets have legit fans and Newark is gentrifying at a high rate and the economy there is booming

I think it's a great spot now for a team to bring even MORE money

I say this because the nets have legit fans and Newark is gentrifying at a high rate and the economy there is booming

I think it's a great spot now for a team to bring even MORE money

Yes or no question for you then.

Would YOU consider moving to Newark?

I wish a team would move to Newark and was really rooting for Newark to get the Amazon headquarters even though Raleigh NC was an option and would have been more benefical to me.

That Amazon move would have transformed the whole area and the money in brought it might have attracted a team.

BUT I would go there for a game, and downtown is getting a lot better to the point them crackas is coming through

I don't see how it would be a problem having the nets there

No more of that BS traffic at the meadowlands also until at least the giants and jets play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back