Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if this makes sense. I get them being desperate, especially with Walker having a career year, but this could potentially bury them.

Probably going to hurt them long term and they should be pivoting in the other direction (shopping Kemba). Gasol has a 26 Mil player option for next season which more than likely he'll exercise at age 35.....Im guessing they'll have to give up Monk, MKG, Zeller and a first

So are you going to have Marc for a season and a half and let him walk after giving up assets foe a first round playoff exit or 2....or are you going yo invest in a 35/36 year old Gasol after next season?

Last edited:
Considering all that, the Pels tanking and getting a top 5 pick, and then trading AD for the #1 pick really seems like yall best option. If NY gets the #1 pick, theres a good chance yall can get Knox and Frank and a few more first rounders too.

Knox is gonna be really good. Id put his potential up there with Ingram and Tatum. He was the youngest player in this rookie class and so far hes been a boy playing against men. Hes completly lost on the court and the game is clearly moving too fast for him and hes still shown great flashes. His numbers might not look it, but hes gonna be really good.

If NY gets the #1 pick, Pelicans could get Zion, Knox, Frank, another 1st rounder, some 2nd rounders, plus a top 5-7 pick of their own, and trade Jrue for whatever other picks and young assets might put them in the best position. .
Smart guy

Only if the rumors are true and we get KD. At that point the window is now, and picks and young players are all tradeable.

If we dont get KD or another legit superstar, I dont make that trade. As good as AD is, he cant do it alone.

If we dont have a star to pair with AD, I rather keep the pick, dsj and knox and continue developing the kids and rebuilding organically

Im really high on Knox. I see him being much improved next year, and really really good in 3 years. For a kid who is legit a deer in the head lights almost every game, hes shown he has all the tools to be a star. Once he grows into his body a bit and the game slows down, hes gonna be great.

I think AD would be open to a Knicks trade like you said tho they need to land KD or Kyrie first. Im sure those 3 will/have had talks already about potentially playing together. I think it has to be all 3 signing or none at all.

Knox = Ingram

1st pick>>> Kuz

DSJ>>Ball
DSJ is not that good bruh. I been to and send so many Mavs games bruh.

NY don’t want AD. They want their pick. It’s why they unloaded their roster

AD would be going to a worse team and. It would be there just like in NOLA.

No bullshit bro

You think DSJ is better than Lonzo?

You really don’t watch games like that fam. Wow.

Cool

I can’t even get to you being wrong about Knox being equal to Ingram. Y’all cats really don’t watch other teams

Ive watched both teams multiple times and have been following most of these guys since HS shut the fuck up telling me i dont watch. Ive been watching them before you knew they existed.

I think AD would be open to a Knicks trade like you said tho they need to land KD or Kyrie first. Im sure those 3 will/have had talks already about potentially playing together. I think it has to be all 3 signing or none at all.

1000%

I rather keep whoever the #1 pick is, Knox, and DSJ (i honestly dont care about him but fuck it hes still young enough to deserve a chance) + all the cap space then trade it all for 1 star, no matter who or how good the star is.

KP was going to get the max which would have taken a good chunk of the cap space. But now that hes gone, we dont have to give anyone shit. Either get 2 stars and spend all that or keep the kids and give 1 year deals to whoever wants one.

I just hope they dont try to make it a mix of both.

With DSJ on the team, and Lee and Hardaway traded, I hope Fizz will start Frank at the 2 alongside DSJ. Let Frank focus on defense and hitting the occasional shot and leave the ball handling duties to DSJ. That should benefit both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back