Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awe so Tommy come in and say the same shit i said and ya'll respect it?
:foh5:

71p7r4.gif

Don't do this & what you say? that the c's assets aint all that? lol

you mean tatum,bum ass always fallin after spin moves brown(one year left on rookie contract) and some mid teen late 20 picks aint impressive?

Playoff tested!?!?! Niggas throw out empty taglines with zero context.

Round 1 Vs Bucks. The one team they played with multiple good perimeter defenders.

Brown had a good series shot 46 from field 17 per game

Tatum nope, shot 40 from field 30 from 3 to get that 15 per game. Epitome of volume scoring. Made some cool highlights tho. (Probably what’s stuck in ya head)

Next series they played a Sixers team who we all know had poor defense on the wings as a unit.

Tatum efficiency shot up to 52 from the field
Brown shot up to 53%

No coincidence

Now we move to ECF vs a Cavs team with terrible defense

44% JB
46% JT

They balled in the postseason but 2/3 series were vs teams with poor perimeter defense.

For comparison I’ll just use BI and Kuz since they’re wings.

BI vs Philly for career 52% 19.4 ppg
Career Vs Mil 39 % 8 ppg
Vs 2018 (last season Cle) Cavs 67% 26 ppg

Kuz
Career
Vs Mil 51% 24 ppg
Vs Philly 40% 13.5
Vs Cle 2018: 40% 17 ppg

I use career for BI and Kuz to try to get the sample size the same since they only play those east teams twice a year. Cavs I just used last season since I’d assume lakers guys stats shot up vs this year Cavs. Everyone stats plummeted against Bucks perimeter defense except Kuz

Other two teams everyone’s efficiency shot up except Kuz.

The Lakers and Celtics packages are about the same for me. If the Lakers give up Kuz, Ingram, and Lonzo, thats a better package than Brown, Tatum, and Terry(lol) by far, even though Tatum is the best player in the group.

I dont think the Lakers trade all 3 though. They might put in Zubac and Hart, and depending on the combo of 3 players, the Celtics might edge them out.

The Knicks dont have anything close to them unless they get the #1 pick. With the #1 pick, itll be Zion, Frank, and maybe Knox, they can be in the mix with the Celtics and Lakers offers.

Thats only if they get #1 pick.

Without the #1 pick, the Knicks can blow all offer away if they say KP, Knox, and Frank. Thats a terrible trade though. Whats the point of just having AD? AD is better than KP, no debate, but AD and a hardaway aint getting it done. AD will keep the Knicks out the lottery too.

Knicks will turn into the Heat.

Might as well not make a trade and gradually improve by developing the youngings and whoever we draft.

Now let me dream a little bit.

If the Knicks get AD and keep KP, they will have enough to sign another star before they extend KP. A combo of AD, KP, and KD/Kyrie or whoever?

The NBA needs that. Ratings will be the highest they ever been.

Make it happen Adam.

There's no way you can trade for AD and keep KP

So you saying, if the Knicks get the #1 pick, they trading Zion and KD for AD?

Fuck all that.

My scenario only works if the Knicks get the #1 pick. With the #1 pick, the Pelicans aint getting KP and the pick. They dont have enough leverage for that.

Last edited:
Lmaoo

Tommy said the exact same shit I’ve said. BbIID said...We agree

Y’all just super emotional. Y’all don’t watch other teams play so y’all just don’t know what y’all talking about when y’all sit around and say so and so is a better player than this player

BI is legit a better player than Tatum TODAY but it don’t fit the narrative. Not only does he have the scoring ability, he can create for others. Better defensive player...”but but Tatum led the Celtics to the same spot they went the year before”
I was gonna mention you but you got aggy af at me for some reason that i dont remember so...

yea

and who is super emotional? lol

I'm reading both sides of the discussion. I agree with some points, I disagree with some.

So you saying, if the Knicks get the #1 pick, they trading the #1 pick, they trading Zion and KD for AD?

Fuck all that.

My scenario only works if the Knicks get the #1 pick. With the #1 pick, the Pelicans aint getting KP and the pick. They dont have enough leverage for that.
So Zion before people realize he's a SF in an undersized PF body, Knox, and Frank?

I mean I guess

Playoff tested!?!?! Niggas throw out empty taglines with zero context.

Round 1 Vs Bucks. The one team they played with multiple good perimeter defenders.

Brown had a good series shot 46 from field 17 per game

Tatum nope, shot 40 from field 30 from 3 to get that 15 per game. Epitome of volume scoring. Made some cool highlights tho. (Probably what’s stuck in ya head)

Next series they played a Sixers team who we all know had poor defense on the wings as a unit.

Tatum efficiency shot up to 52 from the field
Brown shot up to 53%

No coincidence

Now we move to ECF vs a Cavs team with terrible defense

44% JB
46% JT

They balled in the postseason but 2/3 series were vs teams with poor perimeter defense.

For comparison I’ll just use BI and Kuz since they’re wings.

BI vs Philly for career 52% 19.4 ppg
Career Vs Mil 39 % 8 ppg
Vs 2018 (last season Cle) Cavs 67% 26 ppg

Kuz
Career
Vs Mil 51% 24 ppg
Vs Philly 40% 13.5
Vs Cle 2018: 40% 17 ppg

I use career for BI and Kuz to try to get the sample size the same since they only play those east teams twice a year. Cavs I just used last season since I’d assume lakers guys stats shot up vs this year Cavs. Everyone stats plummeted against Bucks perimeter defense except Kuz

Other two teams everyone’s efficiency shot up except Kuz.

I mean I dont have an issue either way..but you comparing playoff numbers to reg season numbers?

They were essential rookies in the playoffs performing...they were in the playoffs

Let's wait n see what the lakers youngins can do in the playoffs..seems fair

I mean I dont have an issue either way..but you comparing playoff numbers to reg season numbers?

They were essential rookies in the playoffs performing...they were in the playoffs

Let's wait n see what the lakers youngins can do in the playoffs..seems fair

Bad perimeter defensive teams magically get better and turn to the 2004 Pistons because they put a playoffs decal on the court floor.

Got it!

So Zion before people realize he's a SF in an undersized PF body, Knox, and Frank?

I mean I guess

Personally im not sold on Zion, but you cant downplay his hype. Dude the most hyped player since Bron for real, so yea, Zion, Frank, and Hardaway to make the salaries work.

Less than 10% chance it happens, but man if it does? Yall wont hear the end of it.

Bad perimeter defensive teams magically get better and turn to the 2004 Pistons because they put a playoffs decal on the court floor.

Got it!

That was not what I am saying at all. Please do not put ideas in my post that are not there.

I simply said let's compare both teams young core stat lines to each others when they are in the playoffs...

Then again how you put it.... You compared how the Lakers young core played sixers, and bucks during the reg. Season to how the Cs young core played them in the playoffs. Different animals and a little of an unfair assessment. That's all I'm saying.

I ain't arguing lakers young core vs Vs Cs young core..cause we all know nobody was talking this during the playoffs last year

To me it's still too early too tell. Like I said I'm sure right now the lakers young core looks better. Makes sense. The Cs as a team are struggling for an identity.

AD/Rich paul should of waited til summer and declined the extension then it would of been obvious n.o. had to trade him after that, they tried to muscle the pelicans

Doubt they trade him to the lakers, teams don't want stars runnin things but that's the league now

it's most likely gonna be boston and out the conference this summer unless some other team willing to take that rental risk like the raptors(who will lose kahwi in free agency and won't win the championship)

again kyrie is the key that's the c's best chance not those overrated assets(especially with the kings being solid this year that was supposed to be the real value pick) but if they prefer picks over proven players so be it,I aint buyin that kyrie wants to reunion wit lebron stuff that's comin from an outside camp(klutch sports)

but that's also boston banking on 2 fragile players as the cornerstones of a contender

Zion,THJ contract when jrue is there, and dark skinned George hill who will backup elfrid?

In banging the phone on you niggas with that offer

Zion,THJ contract when jrue is there, and dark skinned George hill who will backup elfrid?

In banging the phone on you niggas with that offer

Dont forget, AD will have one year left and claim hes only going to resign with the Lakers. That will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back