Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP6GCh.gif
IMG_20181007_072046.jpg

I think its because everybody can shoot and makes it harder to play defense as a team

Everybody can't shoot.

They can't play defense cause you can't touch anybody or the shit is a foul. So why even try to play it when you'll get in foul trouble early every game. NBA wanted freedom of movement and this what we as fans get. No defense high scoring games.

Everybody can't shoot.

They can't play defense cause you can't touch anybody or the shit is a foul. So why even try to play it when you'll get in foul trouble early every game. NBA wanted freedom of movement and this what we as fans get. No defense high scoring games.

In the playoffs the whistles will tighten. Everyone playing fast jacking up 3s.

It still will be halfcourt basketball that will win in playoffs

Everybody can't shoot.

niggas made a living on holding niggas jerseys away from the ball

that aint defense

now they gonna have to learn how to play without doing that

niggas made a living on holding niggas jerseys away from the ball

that aint defense

now they gonna have to learn how to play without doing that

You talking an extreme. We already know extremes in either direction ain't good. Straight up prison ball defense ain't good and neither is this shit we seeing now.

You talking an extreme. We already know extremes in either direction ain't good. Straight up prison ball defense ain't good and neither is this shit we seeing now.
i mean, it is where we are brah. Defense is not played by holding people away from the ball

Im sure the players will adjust, hell, only 3 games into the season and Julius Randle has already fouled out of a game. They stay sticking E'twuan Moore with off ball holding.

i mean, it is where we are brah. Defense is not played by holding people away from the ball

Im sure the players will adjust, hell, only 3 games into the season and Julius Randle has already fouled out of a game. They stay sticking E'twuan Moore with off ball holding.

We obviously going to disagree. You can say that and I'm not totally disagreeing with that but at the same time look at all the bullshit calls Harden gets in his favor. Majority of that shit ain't close to being a foul but he going to the line 10+ times a game for mostly bullshit calls and he ain't the only one who get that shit either.

Holding ain't defense but neither is breathing too hard on a player either a foul as well.

We obviously going to disagree. You can say that and I'm not totally disagreeing with that but at the same time look at all the bullshit calls Harden gets in his favor. Majority of that shit ain't close to being a foul but he going to the line 10+ times a game for mostly bullshit calls and he ain't the only one who get that shit either.

Holding ain't defense but neither is breathing too hard on a player either a foul as well.
oh i agree with you 100%...they need to address that though b/c he initiates most of the contact on the fouls called for him

oh i agree with you 100%...they need to address that though b/c he initiates most of the contact on the fouls called for him

NIGGA!!! That's been my whole fucking point. No way a players can even attempt to play actual defense with the calls Harden and others get. They would always be in foul trouble early and foul out too many games.

I was never saying shit should be like it was in part of the 80's and 90's but they went to the extreme opposite where they call anything a foul and it hurts the game now just as much as basically not calling anything back then did.

NIGGA!!! That's been my whole fucking point. No way a players can even attempt to play actual defense with the calls Harden and others get. They would always be in foul trouble early and foul out too many games.

I was never saying shit should be like it was in part of the 80's and 90's but they went to the extreme opposite where they call anything a foul and it hurts the game now just as much as basically not calling anything back then did.
wait, i took your initial comments to be about the league as a whole and not how people play defense on Harden

my fault

Not sure if this ever got posted but as a ref, this was a GOOD ass video to watch

there were some legit fouls that werent called but my god do these grown ass niggas flop and flail too much

Go to the 1:15 mark.

I just realized donovan drew the play up for Adams to set the pick for PG3 to shoot the 3.

Instead Russ jacks it up to be the hero

wait, i took your initial comments to be about the league as a whole and not how people play defense on Harden

my fault

Its cool I was laughing reading your last post. That's why I put "nigga" like that.

It was about the league as a whole but not in a sense of letting players just grab and hold and play fucked up defense but league going to the extreme in how they call fouls which makes it hard for players to even play a little bit of defense because of the shit they call in favor of players like Harden.

I probably wasn't 100% clear in my posts either.

Damn the refereeing in the NBA is HORRIBLE
they are in a conundrum tho

while they missed some pretty obvious calls, they missed a ton of not so obvious stuff

As I appreciate it, they dont have a primary area of coverage per se. If a ref sees a foul, he calls it, regardless of positioning down court

These dudes are also old af and while they are in pretty decent shape, they still cant keep up with these world class athletes so they end up overcompensating by guessing at a buncha shit b/c they arent int proper position to see the entire play

they are in a conundrum tho

while they missed some pretty obvious calls, they missed a ton of not so obvious stuff

As I appreciate it, they dont have a primary area of coverage per se. If a ref sees a foul, he calls it, regardless of positioning down court

These dudes are also old af and while they are in pretty decent shape, they still cant keep up with these world class athletes so they end up overcompensating by guessing at a buncha shit b/c they arent int proper position to see the entire play

The bold is what pisses me off along with the inconsistencies in how they call games. I sure bother the players even more than the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back