Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 - 2019 College Football Thread

Why should Fields be rewarded for making a poor decision in going to UGA? Sit down for a year, think about your mistakes!

Because sitting out is a stupid rule.

But it's exactly that, a rule. We start letting kids transfer to wherever they want, whenever they want,then play immediately. Recruiting becomes diminished in value. Everyone else has had to do it under normal circumstances. Justin Fields is not a special case. His transfer reason is strictly depth chart related, not family or education. People get so wrapped up in how bad the NCAA is or amateurism is dead, blah blah. Get over it, there has to be checks and balances somewhere. It's supposed to be the biggest decision of one's life up to that point, now the rules have to change because you were supposed to be a bad ass and you can't even beat out Jake Fromm for the starting spot? That's your problem! Be a man and make the most if the situation. So, if we're making business decisions, whose supposed to recoup the money UGA spent on Fields? The floodgates would open if Fields plays next year and I don't think there's much argument against that.

But it's exactly that, a rule. We start letting kids transfer to wherever they want, whenever they want,then play immediately. Recruiting becomes diminished in value. Everyone else has had to do it under normal circumstances. Justin Fields is not a special case. His transfer reason is strictly depth chart related, not family or education. People get so wrapped up in how bad the NCAA is or amateurism is dead, blah blah. Get over it, there has to be checks and balances somewhere. It's supposed to be the biggest decision of one's life up to that point, now the rules have to change because you were supposed to be a bad ass and you can't even beat out Jake Fromm for the starting spot? That's your problem! Be a man and make the most if the situation. So, if we're making business decisions, whose supposed to recoup the money UGA spent on Fields? The floodgates would open if Fields plays next year and I don't think there's much argument against that.

None of that shit you said matters. Not even a little bit

It’s a amateur sport and they don’t get paid so they should be able to go wherever

None of that shit you said matters. Not even a little bit

It’s a amateur sport and they don’t get paid so they should be able to go wherever

You're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. Education, free health care, stipends, apparell,money from boosters, etc. It's college athletics.

I'm not underatanding how the facts I typed don't matter. I'm sure the NCAA, who calls this shot, would take all of that into consideration.

You're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. Education, free health care, stipends, apparell,money from boosters, etc. It's college athletics.

I'm not underatanding how the facts I typed don't matter. I'm sure the NCAA, who calls this shot, would take all of that into consideration.

Student-Athlete
STudent-Athlete
STUDENT-Athlete.

Most students that have scholarships can make money.

Dudes can even used their own likeness because the NCAA because they wouldn’t get a slice of it.

It’s rogged so their for they should be able to go wherever they want. They would still count against the yearly cap of scholarships and the 85 man roster.

So having to sit out a year makes no sense.

All it’s doing is keeping them kids from taking control of themselves how they see fit.

@Thor

What does them getting paid have anything to do with sitting out a year?

The sitting out rule is based on accademics. It is designed to allow students to get settled in with their new environment.

Coaches leave when they want as any professional can. College athletes are not at work, they're not professionals.

I know you've heard the mantra of choosing a school instead of a coach. In Fields case, he clearly didn't pick a school based on accademics or his loyalty to the Univerity. If he did, he'd still be there

There are plenty of things I don't agree with in terms of how the NCAA and the leaders of these conferences profit off of these players. But that's not what's going on here.

That being said, this is the nature of college athletics.

For the one percent of college athletes that have profesaional sports in their future, they have to bide thier time and get their money. But as is the case for most strughling students, get a summer job!

This is what is keeping us from taking that next step. Schools just come into the "State of Miami" and take our best kids

So why the top guys in the area don’t wanna go to the U? I’m curious.
Cause we not offering bags lol jk even though I'm kinda not. South Florida kids can be divas at times. Winning matters. The last time we were winning like that, these kids were infants. These kids didn't grow up watching Ed Reed or Vilma or Andre Johnson. They grew up watching incompetence down here. The cool schools are Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia etc.

Bama has a bag man in south Florida.

He has one in South Louisiana too

LSU is stepping it up with getting (paying) players too lol

Back