Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 - 2019 College Football Thread

Even if they did an 8 team

That would def change the ranking methodology and GO5 conferences could still be left out

I heard another suggestion that they basically redo the div for the Group of 5 and they have thier own Natty

Basically it would be

Div 1 FBS (Power 5)
Div 1A FBS (G5)
Div 1AA FCS

Dont know how feasible that would regarding bowls

I mean the major bowls can stay P5

all the secondary bowls pull from G5

Even if they did an 8 team

That would def change the ranking methodology and GO5 conferences could still be left out

I heard another suggestion that they basically redo the div for the Group of 5 and they have thier own Natty

Basically it would be

Div 1 FBS (Power 5)
Div 1A FBS (G5)
Div 1AA FCS

Dont know how feasible that would regarding bowls

I mean the major bowls can stay P5

all the secondary bowls pull from G5

Lol that would have it looking more like HS where you have a 6A, 5A, 4A, 3A, etc state champ

I would do 8 teams. 5 Power 5 conference winners. 3 at large bids. 2 teams max from a conference in the 8. Work in a caveat If a Group 5 team is undefeated or has 1 lost that’s respectable (subjective but shit) they’re in with an at large

This year 8 would’ve been

Bama
Clemson
ND
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Georgia
UCF
UDub

Lol that would have it looking more like HS where you have a 6A, 5A, 4A, 3A, etc state champ

I agree.

I feel for the GO5 schools like UCF cause no power 5 team got the nuts to schedule them during the season when it really counts.

They wait till they trash again...same shit happened to Boise St when they were a great team

Theu beat OU and nobody would touch them until bowl season

A these P5 squads pussy

I would do 8 teams. 5 Power 5 conference winners. 3 at large bids. 2 teams max from a conference in the 8. Work in a caveat If a Group 5 team is undefeated or has 1 lost that’s respectable (subjective but shit) they’re in with an at large

This year 8 would’ve been

Bama
Clemson
ND
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Georgia
UCF
UDub

Best way to do it.

P5 champs get auto bids

Next highest non champs in rankings get at large bids

And get rid if the AP poll before week 7.

No preseason rankings none of that...that shit creates bias EARLY

Back