Welcome To aBlackWeb

“im proud my wife is white” 1st Black head coach in UNC history gets dragged

All of y’all need to step out the 60’s, lol. No one puts this much value on having a white woman these days. It’s just preference as their skin don’t inherently change anything about a black man’s life.

bruh what works you live in for the past 20 years. Yes noggas think they came out when they get a Becky

That mindset is still VERY prevalent with a lot of Black men...it isn't merely preference. There are Black men AND women, who wholeheartedly believe "the white man's ice is colder", thus, believing their proximity to a white partner (or white friends/associates, etc.), will afford them certain "perks" and somehow remove the "stigma" of their Blackness.

We can definitely agree that their partner's white skin doesn't inherently change anything about a Black man's life...but a lot of Black people live under that delusion, though.

It's a very sad reality, but reality nonetheless.

Is it really very prevalent? I feel like way too many people overanalyze interracial couples. Many people are quick to label any black person with a white partner in a negative way. People do assume a lot. Generally speaking people are going to date what they like, no big deal.

Is it really very prevalent? I feel like way too many people overanalyze interracial couples. Many people are quick to label any black person with a white partner in a negative way. People do assume a lot. Generally speaking people are going to date what they like, no big deal.
But why do they like it?

That mindset is still VERY prevalent with a lot of Black men...it isn't merely preference. There are Black men AND women, who wholeheartedly believe "the white man's ice is colder", thus, believing their proximity to a white partner (or white friends/associates, etc.), will afford them certain "perks" and somehow remove the "stigma" of their Blackness.

We can definitely agree that their partner's white skin doesn't inherently change anything about a Black man's life...but a lot of Black people live under that delusion, though.

It's a very sad reality, but reality nonetheless.
I understand what you’re saying, and won’t doubt there may be some black people that see whites like this, but we disagree on the VERY prevalent part. I don’t know any black man that has chosen a white woman because he thinks they are better than black women. The ones I know have usually just grown up in predominantly white areas and went to predominantly white schools so that became their preference.

Plus you’re forgetting that some black men and women attract white people more than black people. And people tend to like who likes them.

So the thought that blacks only end up with whites because blacks see them as better than blacks is actually slap in the face to black people. When I see interracial couples I think the white chose the black because they think black is better.

I understand what you’re saying, and won’t doubt there may be some black people that see whites like this, but we disagree on the VERY prevalent part. I don’t know any black man that has chosen a white woman because he thinks they are better than black women. The ones I know have usually just grown up in predominantly white areas and went to predominantly white schools so that became their preference.

Plus you’re forgetting that some black men and women attract white people more than black people. And people tend to like who likes them.

So the thought that blacks only end up with whites because blacks see them as better than blacks is actually slap in the face to black people. When I see interracial couples I think the white chose the black because they think black is better.

I mean who is going to tell you they chose a white girl over a sister in regular conversation. I get growing up around white people as an excuse. But as we saw with the til too thread it’s a lot of folks still think that way openly. And we can’t act like society puts non black women higher.

I mean who is going to tell you they chose a white girl over a sister in regular conversation. I get growing up around white people as an excuse. But as we saw with the til too thread it’s a lot of folks still think that way openly. And we can’t act like society puts non black women higher.
But most people that choose white people are still proud to be black and have love for (even if not in love with) black women. Even he said so. So to choose a white woman over a black woman just because she’s white is counterintuitive to that position. Unless you think they’re lying then that’s another discussion.

I’m only speaking on the black person in an interracial relationship. I know how society do so I won’t argue that.

But most people that choose white people are still proud to be black and have love for (even if not in love with) black women. Even he said so. So to choose a white woman over a black woman just because she’s white is counterintuitive to that position. Unless you think they’re lying then that’s another discussion.

I’m only speaking on the black person in an interracial relationship. I know how society do so I won’t argue that.

We think they are lying

I don't know the numbers but it occurs for both reasons I'm sure, I mean hell Asians still run with the idea of closer to white in America is strategically a win

Yes it is.

Make today great!

It is that prevalent or else I wouldn't have said it.

I'm not forgetting anything, King.

I don't mind disagreeing 'cause I don't care that much.

But...I said what I said.

Make today great!

It is that prevalent or else I wouldn't have said it.

I'm not forgetting anything, King.

I don't mind disagreeing 'cause I don't care that much.

But...I said what I said.

Make today great!
I respect your opinion, but it’s just that, your opinion. Just like mine is just that too. So you saying it’s prevalent doesn’t make it fact.

Either way, I like your style and don’t want to offend so I’ll make today great and I think I can safely assume you will too!

Back