Welcome To aBlackWeb

“im proud my wife is white” 1st Black head coach in UNC history gets dragged

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy

“Hubert Davis UNC Chapel Hill's 1st Black Head Coach in History: "I'm proud my wife is white"

Hubert Davis has just been selected as a head coach for Chapel Hill, a school which has the racist history of having enslaved Afrikans build their university, as well as having a staunchly white pantheon of head coaches.

Hubert Davis was selected as it's "1st Black Men's Basketball Head coach", and in his speech he stated the following:

"I know that it is significant that I'm the fourth African American head coach in any sport in the history of the university, I'm very proud to be African American... But I'm also very proud my wife is white, and I'm very proud that my three beautiful kids are a combination of both of us"

He stated "he was proud his wife is white", as if it was an accolade or accomplishment and furthermore it echos his proximity of whiteness as a measure of success. Nearly everytime the "first Black person" in any position in a white dominated institution is selected, they are a bona-fide assimilationist who has been handpicked to be a veneer to reflect pseudo "diversity and inclusion".

#CriticalConsciousness #staysharp”

F49D282F-E053-40FB-9C03-6429FBE31331.jpeg

I get what he tryna say, but he isn't too bright. Most athletes and coaches shouldn't say a word beyond what is required because they ain't the brightest in the bunch.

He should've just said, "I am grateful for the opportunity and I will try my best to return UNC to greatness and prestige."

Instead he tried to do some, "Yeah I am Black but I don't hate White people, my wife is White and I got biracial kids, so lets all get along...please...Mister Charlie don't take my job..." speech

This man has managed to live up to the Black male athlete with a White woman stereotype in the matter of seconds, tragic.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

meeeeehhhhh lmao

its too late and its gonna blow up but he aint say what they're making it into

fool was trying to say he's proud to be a part of an interracial relationship while working with an organization with said history

"i know ya'll hate that im up here but my family's half white and that old shit is out the door.....we integrated in this bitch" - but he couldnt say that

no cape tho everybody has the responsibility of choosing their words wisely...he'll be aight

“Hubert Davis UNC Chapel Hill's 1st Black Head Coach in History: "I'm proud my wife is white"

Hubert Davis has just been selected as a head coach for Chapel Hill, a school which has the racist history of having enslaved Afrikans build their university, as well as having a staunchly white pantheon of head coaches.

Hubert Davis was selected as it's "1st Black Men's Basketball Head coach", and in his speech he stated the following:

"I know that it is significant that I'm the fourth African American head coach in any sport in the history of the university, I'm very proud to be African American... But I'm also very proud my wife is white, and I'm very proud that my three beautiful kids are a combination of both of us"

He stated "he was proud his wife is white", as if it was an accolade or accomplishment and furthermore it echos his proximity of whiteness as a measure of success. Nearly everytime the "first Black person" in any position in a white dominated institution is selected, they are a bona-fide assimilationist who has been handpicked to be a veneer to reflect pseudo "diversity and inclusion".

View attachment 503417

At 0:28, he used COMPROMISED instead of COMPRISED...

giphy.gif

View attachment 503417

Damn nigga lol this why Duke better

Last edited:
Back