Welcome To aBlackWeb

“Housing is a right” demystifying buying the block & the immediate housing crisis

Funny enough my homie just went through some shit like this at her rental.... motherfuckers left her unit in shambles before they left

of course this is elzo daily anti-Black
But the tenant was black fucked her unit up.... left it in shambles .... it was so bad that she had to put up the next tenant in a hotel for like 2 weeks while repairs and renovations were happening

Plus there are only a few ppl on this site who are actually landlords so wouldn’t u want to hear stories from ppl s personal experience instead of tweets?

Let's decouple "ghetto" behavior from people from the "ghetto". There's a big difference. I'm not renting to someone who behaves "ghetto", but I'd rent to someone from the "ghetto" who will be a good tenant.

More than that, people have to stop acting like ghetto = black. A black landlord not renting to a bad tenant prospect that happens to be black is not the same thing as white people just flat out not renting to black people. I mean it might be fair to say that black landlords not renting to "ghetto" people is classist, but at the same time, most of us know, have been around, or have been ghetto people. We know who we think will take care of our property and who won't. You can be pro-black without acting like there are no bad black people or that black people are incapable of doing wrong.

I think people are just pretending to be ok with shit because they'll never have to prove it. Either lying to themselves or everyone else.

It's easy to say you'd rent to someone in the fantasy world with your fantasy rental property. It's easy to be all-loving and all-accepting in make believe land. But once that's ACTUALLY your property, that you're ACTUALLY responsible for shit hits different.

Back