Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread

Opinions on CrossFit? I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now (2 days per week).

I'm not thrilled with it. It's a great HIIT workout for sure, but I feel like it neglects the pecs, biceps, and triceps. A lot of legs, shoulders, back, and core.

I still got 2 more weeks I've paid for so I'll see if I feel differently after that.

As long as you know how to lift and you are consistent with doing it, you can get it great shape. The first time you do it, it’s terrible lol but the people who work out with you, it’s a great support system. My ex bro in law did it and I was in his class and saw results but I got lazy and didn’t eat right. And it’s at least $100 per month for some classes

Just finished another class. 27-21-15-9 cleans and push-up intervals. Was supposed to be handstand push-ups but I ain't there yet. Plus I get a lot of shoulders and little pecs in these workouts so it was a good sub. 50 knee ups and 50 shoulder press warmups.

Was not motivated at all and my lower back was bumping when I was done. Even though I was hating that shit while I was doing it, I'm glad I did it now. That's usually how it goes though. Hate leading up, hate in there, love that I did it after.

I think I need to work more on my technique and form on my own though. May go for open gym one day and work on it. My back shouldn't be hurting like it was.

Opinions on CrossFit? I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now (2 days per week).

I'm not thrilled with it. It's a great HIIT workout for sure, but I feel like it neglects the pecs, biceps, and triceps. A lot of legs, shoulders, back, and core.

I still got 2 more weeks I've paid for so I'll see if I feel differently after that.
Why not learn a fighting art. Get fit and learn something to defend yourself. Way better then doing 1000 medicine ball squats

Why not learn a fighting art. Get fit and learn something to defend yourself. Way better then doing 1000 medicine ball squats
I've considered that. I'd love to do boxing but there aren't any real boxing gyms in my area. Just these boxing for fitness gyms.

And I've just been skeptical about going to some overweight white guy to train me in martial arts. I know that's probably an excuse so I'll be looking into it.

Who are the weight lifters in here?

I like to get high and lift weights.

My hands are gettin torn up tho. Calluses. Slight pain.

Do yall use gloves or is this just what men do?

I get blisters from time to time. I use to wear gloves but I would forget to wear them when I lift

I gotta find my brand new jump rope smh I know I’m going to look so funny using it lol

I gotta find my brand new jump rope smh I know I’m going to look so funny using it lol

I jump rope everyday before my workout.

If people are watching you, it is because they are envious of you and your nerve. Because you have the balls to actually jumprope in the gym, versus just using it as a social area.

I find that-that is what is happening, not actual judgement.

They have a CF box out here on the base that Im on...Im already familiar with Olympic lifts and movements...so I like it...I enjoy the challenge and its just something different....and yea...you have to do other types of training to develop those other areas .

i think its a waste of money tbh

they tend to teach a LOT of bad lifting techniques that can result in injuries if you tried doing shit on your own

i think the greatest thing about it is the community aspect of it, but fuck paying $100+ a month for that shit

As far as bad techniques that varies by the box you go to...the instructors here teach excellent technique and wont even let you touch the bar if your technique is fucked up. I agree with the cost...when I get back to the states Im proly just gonna train on my own and follow the WODs that the box out here do.

images

conditioning-jerkfit-wodies-15_1600x1600.jpg

about to order these...I had a cheaper pair that worked alright but I heard good things out these...still can feel the bar and get circulation to you hands and use chalk

@GOAT, if your hands hurting like that, imo, you haven't developed the proper grip strength

i dont use gloves thanks to @Black_Samson. When i deadlift, if the weight is too much, i simply just reduce the weight to make sure i do the lift correctly w/o compromising my form and grip

I get callouses occasionally, but it's nothing major. They usually heal within a day or two, and I deadlift every single workout

They have a CF box out here on the base that Im on...Im already familiar with Olympic lifts and movements...so I like it...I enjoy the challenge and its just something different....and yea...you have to do other types of training to develop those other areas .

As far as bad techniques that varies by the box you go to...the instructors here teach excellent technique and wont even let you touch the bar if your technique is fucked up. I agree with the cost...when I get back to the states Im proly just gonna train on my own and follow the WODs that the box out here do.
I'm pretty much done with CrossFit at this point. I don't like the repetition of it. For instance, Monday's workout was a 1000M row, 50 wall balls, and 30 burpees. Before this you had to do 2 deadlifts, 2 snatches, and 2 squats with heavy weight. I don't mind that part so much.

I also can not do a front rack. My wrists are rusted shut or something cause them shits will not bend back much at all. So when I go to front squat I'm almost tipping over which engages my back which causes back pain.

And I can't do a kipping pull up for shit. My shoulders hurt like hell afterward from all the swinging.

It's just not for me at this point.

I jump rope everyday before my workout.

If people are watching you, it is because they are envious of you and your nerve. Because you have the balls to actually jumprope in the gym, versus just using it as a social area.

I find that-that is what is happening, not actual judgement.

I’m so jealous of that. I wanna be able to do doubles with no problem someday

Pre work I took made my fingers swell and go numb

Right my legs are burning

I may take it one more time, I realized I drank it on an empty stomach

Back