Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Who got the strap?... Official Gun Owners Thread

Are u a gun owner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wonder if this will work on racoons
I haven't seen one to try it out on, I've tried to grab it for alley cats but they're usually gone before I come back with it. It's a break barrel so it's one shot and then you have to reload so there's probably something more efficient but might cost a little more then the $120 I spent at Walmart on it

I wonder if this will work on racoons

prolly not. Raccoons sometimes need multiple shots from a .22lr rifle to go down. A .22 magnum with good shot placement could prolly do it in one hit. Personally, if them critters decide to come out of the woods behind my row of houses I'mma use either my .22WMR CMR30 or my 9mm Sub 2000 rifle to dispatch 'em.

prolly not. Raccoons sometimes need multiple shots from a .22lr rifle to go down. A .22 magnum with good shot placement could prolly do it in one hit. Personally, if them critters decide to come out of the woods behind my row of houses I'mma use either my .22WMR CMR30 or my 9mm Sub 2000 rifle to dispatch 'em.
You’re not thinking about clean up.

Too large too forceful and you risk splattering the rodent on what ever is splash range.

You’re not thinking about clean up.

Too large too forceful and you risk splattering the rodent on what ever is splash range.

I live off a country road, all you see up and down that road every single day is nothing but splattered 'coon, 'possum, polecat, and deer.

But if you're worried about cleanu, honestly, .22WMR will do the trick with minimal splatter. That's what my CMR30 shoots.

I have some of the TNT ammo he's using in this video, specifically I've got CCI Maxi Mag TNT 30gr rated at 2200fps as well as Hornady's 22 WMR 30 gr Varmint Express with their red ballistic tip, also moving around 2200fps. To be honest, I'd say even the Federal Game Shok 50gr or any of the 40 gr would work well on 'coon.

Back