Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Parent Thread

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
I know some of us got a rugrat or two or in my case many. Lets use this thread to discuss the highs and lows of parenting

Working 2 jobs and still being the disciplinarian.

My wife still whoops his ass when he's out of line. but my son just responds better to me.

Shit sucks cuz I get to spend the least amount of time with the kid, and I'm always laying down the law

My girls don't really be doing anything but my son is a fucking asshole. That lil nigga thinks he runs the household, he be trying to boss his sisters around.

My 2 boys are a handful but I love em to pieces and I don't wanna be pregnant again lol but I do wanna give em a sister
;;;;;

My wife the disciplinarian for the girls, she say I'm too soft on them on the other hand she's too lenient with the boy

My wife the disciplinarian for the girls, she say I'm too soft on them on the other hand she's too lenient with the boy
I'm a cut my nose to spite my face kinda dude. if I have a daughter,, I'll fuck around and be harder on her just to shake the stigma that dads take it easy on their little girls

trying to find a balance when it comes to disciplining.

but for those with toddlers/young kids, what in the hell do ya'll feed them

my lil girl is so fickle. She just made 3, and right now, she seems to like the microwavable dinners, but i be concerned that it has entirely too much sodium for her

she loves grill cheese sandwhiches, but it also stops her up lol

My son is 4 and he eats anything you put in front of him but my 1 year old twins the are very picky eaters. We keep those lunchables in stock for them and they like carrots and fruits. The youngest 3 don't like milk so we have to give them calcium vitamins

trying to find a balance when it comes to disciplining.

but for those with toddlers/young kids, what in the hell do ya'll feed them

my lil girl is so fickle. She just made 3, and right now, she seems to like the microwavable dinners, but i be concerned that it has entirely too much sodium for her

she loves grill cheese sandwhiches, but it also stops her up lol
Does she like fruit? Make her smoothies. If she won't eat veggies regularly you can sneak them into her smoothies
Does she like to bake? Show her how to make her own bread, different kinds, and she can make her own sandwiches since she likes those
Does she like chicken nuggets? When my son was around your daughters age we would buy nuggets but eventually I got tired of feeding him the frozen giblets and started making them myself.
Does she like Mac n cheese, spaghetti?
Have her help you cook and she'll be more willing to eat the food

Did I mention she's 3? Lol
Yes and...

When my son was 3 I did everything I suggested to you. She's 3 not disabled ;)

Can she drink from a straw? She can have a smoothie
She doesn't have to touch a stove or oven to bake bread, she can help you mix and measure ingredients
She can eat chicken nuggets, right?
My 17 month old eats everything I suggested and he too helps in the kitchen.

Try it, it's good bonding. The longer you wait the pickier she gonna be

I cook eggs with her on weekends and bake cookies with her when get a sweet tooth. Never thought about the smoothies though.

What do you recommend for making your own nuggets

I cook eggs with her on weekends and bake cookies with her when get a sweet tooth. Never thought about the smoothies though.

What do you recommend for making your own nuggets
Buy chicken breasts or strips, cut them up into whatever size you want for her, dip in egg, dip in breadcrumbs, season if you want or don't (I didn't BC they really don't need it), and fry them in a pan on the stove or in an actual fryer if you have one. I'm sure there's a YouTube video out there if you need a visual.

Yall let you kids under 14 do social media? My daughter got a TikTok it’s harmless nothing crazy but still

Yall let you kids under 14 do social media? My daughter got a TikTok it’s harmless nothing crazy but still
Man I fought tooth and nail against this shit. You’d be surprised how much they get exposed to through social media, but it’s hard to shelter them from it when it’s so ingrained in their social experience now. Social media is probably on the same level as school when it comes to their social development.

I just put time limits on it all so they don’t OD on it. Then when they get on they focus on something specific and don’t get lost in the Matrix.

Man I fought tooth and nail against this shit. You’d be surprised how much they get exposed to through social media, but it’s hard to shelter them from it when it’s so ingrained in their social experience now. Social media is probably on the same level as school when it comes to their social development.

I just put time limits on it all so they don’t OD on it. Then when they get on they focus on something specific and don’t get lost in the Matrix.
my lil girl 8 and already outgrew youtube kids so i let her use my profile but i'm about to put some controls on it or something

she dont even watch anything crazy, just those wack ass cacs that do minecraft videos and occasionally they use language I prefer her not to hear so if she playing it when im around, I make her change it.

Y’all be careful with social shit and kids.

the pervs use innocent shit to pull them in. Shit aint all up front like you would think.

My advice monitor everything.
May sound like being a helicopter parent…..but I rather them be safe and mad at me than be a victim and I have no idea until afterwards.

my lil girl 8 and already outgrew youtube kids so i let her use my profile but i'm about to put some controls on it or something

she dont even watch anything crazy, just those wack ass cacs that do minecraft videos and occasionally they use language I prefer her not to hear so if she playing it when im around, I make her change it.
Mine is 7 and she loves YT kids. Even there though she ends up watching adults play with kids toys sometimes so I make her turn that off immediately. I don’t think there’s anything necessarily wrong with it other than me thinking those people are weirdos.

I also make her watch educational videos as much as possible. I’ve been amazed at times at what she’s learned. That’s the good side of it. I equate it to my TV watching growing up. I learned a lot from educational tv shows.

Back