Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...n-decision-to-end-aid-to-palestinian-refugees

Axios: Netanyahu Behind Trump Admin Decision To End Aid To Palestinian Refugees

Soon before the Trump administration announced that the United States would stop funding a United Nations agency that helps Palestinian refugees, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged the White House to end the aid, according to a Sunday Axios report.

In the past, the Israeli position was reportedly that any cut in American funding to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) should be gradual, to prevent worsening the humanitarian crisis in Palestine, especially in Gaza.

Netanyahu apparently changed this position under his own volition, without any input from the Israeli security council or intelligence agencies, and secretly conveyed his new stance to the Trump administration and members of the Senate Appropriations Committee via Ron Dermer, Israel’s ambassador to the U.S.

damn a cop committed suicide this afternoon..,they took him to the hospital a block away from my crib...theres bout 50 police cars on the block rn

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...a-dumb-Southerner-as-details-on-new-book-leak

Trump called McCain 'a coward' and Sessions is 'a dumb Southerner' as details on new book leak

Last week, Donald Trump had a new kind of media to rant against when he added“fake books” to his approved list of Things to Hate. That tweet set off warning bells even then, and as first copies of Bob Woodward’s new book Fear start to leak to the press, it’s clear those bells are going to become emergency sirens.

According to the Washington Post, the book includes detailed, extensive notes, interviews and documents to show the toxic atmosphere inside the Trump White House. That includes some statements that Trump’s base is going to love, including calling John McCain “a coward” for his actions in Vietnam. And Trump has plenty more to say.

Trump on Sessions: “This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner. … He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.”

Trump’s measured approach to Syria: “Let’s fucking kill him! Let’s go in. Let’s kill the fucking lot of them.”

The book features incidents of aides taking letters off Trump’s desk to prevent a diplomatic crisis, and includes multiple comments from White House aids on how they really feel about Trump.

Gary Cohn: “a professional iiar.”

John Kelly: “Idiot” … “Unhinged.”

There’s also coverage of Trump’s attempts to handle a mock-interview with the special counsel office, something his attorneys put together to test Trump’s ability to handle a get together with special counsel Robert Mueller.

Dowd to Trump: “Don’t testify. It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit.”

Trump after the session: “This thing’s a goddamn hoax. I don’t really want to testify.”

Woodward’s book is officially released on September 11. More as details emerge.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...rump-lawyers-resignation-makes-perfect-sense/

If Explosive Book Claims Are True, Trump Lawyer’s Resignation Makes Perfect Sense

It was jarring but not necessarily a surprise when John Dowd resigned from President Donald Trump‘s legal team back in March, but new details in another book about life in the Trump administration have shed some light on why Dowd left when he did.

Bob Woodward of Woodward and Bernstein fame has penned a book called Fear: Trump in the White House. It is scheduled to drop on Sept. 11. The Washington Post preview is a seemingly endless catalogue of White House staffer intrigue behind the scenes.

One of the major claims of the book is that Dowd was so against Trump doing an interview with Special Counsel Robert Mueller that he staged a practice session to prove Trump would perjure himself and then reenacted it in front of Mueller to show why he couldn’t be interviewed. As per the Post:

On March 5, Dowd and Trump attorney Jay Sekulow met in Mueller’s office with the special counsel and his deputy, James Quarles, where Dowd and Sekulow reenacted Trump’s January practice session.

Dowd then explained to Mueller and Quarles why he was trying to keep the president from testifying: “I’m not going to sit there and let him look like an idiot. And you publish that transcript, because everything leaks in Washington, and the guys overseas are going to say, ‘I told you he was an idiot. I told you he was a goddamn dumbbell. What are we dealing with this idiot for?’”

Woodward claims that Mueller responded to Dowd’s words by saying, simply, “John, I understand.”

The subject supposedly came up again the day before Dowd submitted his resignation.

“Don’t testify. It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit,” Dowd allegedly said to Trump. Trump, on the other hand, was concerned that not testifying would look bad.

“I’ll be a real good witness,” Trump is quoted.

“You are not a good witness,”
Dowd is quoted in turn. “Mr. President, I’m afraid I just can’t help you.”

It’s worth noting that none of this contradicts what Dowd said in an interview after he resigned.

Dowd said that his relationship with Mueller was more than good — it was “terrific.”

“We had a terrific relationship with Mueller — the best that I can recall in my 50 years of practice,” Dowd said. “It was terrific, completely open, people trusted each other, and we had no misunderstandings.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/joh...n-off-the-rails-idiot-worst-job-ive-ever-had/

John Kelly Raged Against Trump in Woodward Book: He’s an Off-The-Rails ‘Idiot,’ ‘Worst Job I’ve Ever Had’

Known for his track record of groundbreaking scoops, Bob Woodward‘s latest book is no exception.

Fear, a forthcoming tell-all on the inner workings of President Donald Trump‘s administration, reveals a White House fraught with conflict, bitterness and frustration from the top down.

According to The Washington Post where Woodward is an associate editor, the commander in chief’s own staffers can’t seem to rein him in — feeling all but helpless as he fires off his trademark tweetstorms, mocks colleagues and rails against the Mueller probe by which he’s been plagued for months.

Woodward described the executive branch as suffering a “nervous breakdown,”the president’s own chief of staff, John Kelly, appearing to regret he’d even accepted a position in the Trump administration.

“He’s an idiot,” Kelly once said of Trump during a meeting, according to the book. “It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.”

Woodward notes even Defense Secretary Jim Mattis became frustrated with Trump’s flimsy grasp on international affairs, and “was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader.'”

Aside from struggles with his staffers, Trump also tussled with his former lawyer, John Dowd, in front of whom he reportedly exploded while being prepared for a potential testimony in the Russia investigation.

“This thing’s a goddamn hoax,” Trump said, according to Woodward. “I don’t really want to testify.”

Back