Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

That's hard to say. I think the point is that corporations shouldn't be using inflation, real or otherwise, to prey on the public and they are definitely doing that. These corporations can't, on one hand, say they are being squeezed by problems like supply chain disruptions that are causing them to raise their prices, and then, on the other hand, report record profits. There are absolutely things that we've had to pay higher prices for because of genuine problems that led to inflation. We all have had to pay higher prices for things because of corporate greed. If we're talking about at this very moment though, I think most of us are being price gouged because if I'm not mistaken most of the problems that led to the inflation have cleared up, the corporations just never dropped their prices.

One problem that flies under the radar now is that these corporations collude a lot more now. In a free market, competition is supposed to make it so that everyone gets a fair shake. If one company is selling something and its prices are artificially high, it will lose out because its competitors will offer the same thing at a lower price. The problem is that these company come together and agree to all sell those things at artificially high prices, so consumers are stuck paying overly high prices.

Here's an article about how landlords in the DC area have been using this software program to colluded on inflate rents in the area. People in the area can't search around for better prices because all the landlords have basically agreed to commit to higher rents.
Drop the article fam

Back