Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://www.mediaite.com/online/11-...-book-on-trumps-nervous-breakdown-presidency/

11 Craziest Revelations From Bob Woodward’s Book on Trump’s ‘Nervous Breakdown’ Presidency

Legendary reporter Bob Woodward‘s upcoming book about the Trump administration, Fear, was previewed on Tuesday, revealing a series of bombshell — and haunting — pieces of reporting peeling back the curtain on a chaotic White House.

The book, the Washington Post reports, “paints a harrowing portrait of the Trump presidency, based on in-depth interviews with administration officials and other principals.”

Here are the most stunning moments from Fear: Trump in the White House, set for release on Sept. 11:

1. Defense Secretary James Mattis is “exasperated” by Trump acting like a fifth grader

Woodward writes that in one National Security Council meeting from January, Trump questioned why the U.S. was spending money maintaining a presence in the Korean Peninsula. “We’re doing this in order to prevent World War III,” James Mattis told him, per Woodward.

After the meeting, Mattis “was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader.’”

2. Chief of Staff John Kelly rips Trump

Woodward’s quotes from John Kelly, Trump’s chief of staff, are stunning. He called the president “unhinged,” and apparently uttered this magnificent stream of consciousness in a group meeting:

“He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.”

3. Reince Priebus called Trump’s bedroom “the devil’s workshop”

But not for the reason you might think… Per the Post:

Woodward writes that Priebus dubbed the presidential bedroom, where Trump obsessively watched cable news and tweeted, “the devil’s workshop,” and said early mornings and Sunday evenings, when the president often set off tweetstorms, were “the witching hour.”

Trump, for his part, described Priebus “like a little rat. He just scurries around.”

4. Trump mocked H.R. McMaster’s suits and said he looks like a beer salesman

Per the Post:

He often mocked former national security adviser H.R. McMaster behind his back, puffing up his chest and exaggerating his breathing as he impersonated the retired Army general, and once said McMaster dresses in cheap suits, “like a beer salesman.”

5. Trump called Attorney General Jeff Sessions a “traitor” and “mentally retarded”

Woodward writes that Trump called Sessions, a frequent target of his public ire, a “traitor” for recusing himself from the Russia investigation.

“This guy is mentally retarded,” he reportedly said. “He’s this dumb Southerner. … He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.”

6. Trump demeaned Rudy Giuliani by describing him as a baby that got his diaper changed on live television

After the release of the Access Hollywood tape during the 2016 campaign, in which Trump bragged about groping women, Rudy Giuliani was one of the few surrogates that went on TV to defend him.

“Rudy, you’re a baby,” Trump said after Giuliani’s TV hit. “I’ve never seen a worse defense of me in my life. They took your diaper off right there. You’re like a little baby that needed to be changed. When are you going to be a man?”

7. After Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s chemical attack, Trump demanded Mattis assassinate him

Per the Post:

After Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad launched a chemical attack on civilians in April 2017, Trump called Mattis and said he wanted to assassinate the dictator. “Let’s fucking kill him! Let’s go in. Let’s kill the fucking lot of them,” Trump said, according to Woodward.

Mattis told the president that he would get right on it. But after hanging up the phone, he told a senior aide: “We’re not going to do any of that. We’re going to be much more measured.” The national security team developed options for the more conventional airstrike that Trump ultimately ordered.

8. Senior aides steal documents off Trump’s desk

Gary Cohn, Trump’s former top economic adviser, took documents off Trump’s desk to thwart his attempts to pull out of trade agreements, per Woodward:

Cohn, a Wall Street veteran, tried to tamp down Trump’s strident nationalism regarding trade. According to Woodward, Cohn “stole a letter off Trump’s desk” that the president was intending to sign to formally withdraw the United States from a trade agreement with South Korea. Cohn later told an associate that he removed the letter to protect national security and that Trump did not notice that it was missing.

Cohen pulled a similar move when Trump was threatening to pull out of NAFTA.

9. Trump said his reluctant condemnation of white supremacists after Charlottesville was “the biggest fucking mistake I’ve made”

Per the Post:

Trump was sharply criticized for initially saying that “both sides” were to blame. At the urging of advisers, he then condemned white supremacists and neo-Nazis, but almost immediately told aides, “That was the biggest fucking mistake I’ve made” and the “worst speech I’ve ever given,” according to Woodward’s account.

10. Cohn threatened to resign over Trump’s response to the Charlottesville rally, which Trump called “treason”

When Cohn gave Trump his resignation letter, the president accused him of “treason”, and convinced him to stick around.

Kelly had similar sentiments to Cohn. “I would have taken that resignation letter and shoved it up his ass six different times,” Woodward reports Kelly told Cohn.

11. Trump’s legal team desperately tried to convince Mueller that the president can’t sit through an interview without lying

John Dowd, Trump’s former lawyer, really did not want the president to testify to Mueller under oath.

According to CNN’s report on Fear, Woodward reports that Trump’s lawyers held a mock interview with Mueller to see how the president would fare.

Trump failed, and Dowd concluded he could not sit for an interview under oath with Mueller without committing perjury.

Per CNN, Dowd took that information to Mueller:

Then, in an even more remarkable move, Dowd and Trump’s current personal attorney Jay Sekulow went to Mueller’s office and re-enacted the mock interview. Their goal: to argue that Trump couldn’t possibly testify because he was incapable of telling the truth.

“He just made something up. That’s his nature,” Dowd said to Mueller.

Washington Post reports Dowd told Mueller the interview would also make the U.S. president “look like an idiot”:

“I’m not going to sit there and let him look like an idiot. And you publish that transcript, because everything leaks in Washington, and the guys overseas are going to say, ‘I told you he was an idiot. I told you he was a goddamn dumbbell. What are we dealing with this idiot for?’”

“John, I understand,” Mueller reportedly replied.

To Trump, Dowd put it bluntly: “Don’t testify. It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit.”

Trump disagreed, assuring Dowd: “I’ll be a real good witness.” Dowd disagreed, and resigned the next day, per the Post.

i was looking forward to this and missed it

Republicans up there sharing campfire stories about their relationships with Kavanaugh, protesters just yelling shit when they feel like it and democrats up there waving their fingers like at the end of the day they ain't going to cave in like they always do.

Shit has been hilarious. Folks getting dismissed, ignored, talked over, ect.

It's been a good show! So far at least.

Republicans up there sharing campfire stories about their relationships with Kavanaugh, protesters just yelling shit when they feel like it and democrats up there waving their fingers like at the end of the day they ain't going to cave in like they always do.

yea i just got home listening to that comic book villain Blumenthal

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/dem-holds-narrow-lead-in-first-post-primary-florida-gov-poll

Dem Holds Narrow Lead In First Post-Primary Florida Gov Poll

Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum (D) holds a narrow lead over Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) in the first reputable poll of the race since they won their respective primaries last week.

Gillum has a 50 percent to 47 percent edge over DeSantis in a new live-caller poll of likely voters released by Quinnipiac University Tuesday,

That’s a narrow margin, within the poll’s 4.3 percentage point margin of error, but a sign that the staunchly progressive Gillum starts off the race in the large swing state in good shape against DeSantis, a hardline conservative and close ally of President Trump.

The race has already taken a nasty turn, with DeSantis beginning the general election by warning Florida voters not to “monkey this up” by voting for Gillum — a comment many took as being racist.

Quinnipiac is the most reputable pollster to have surveyed the race since Gillum pulled off a surprise primary win over centrist former Rep. Gwen Graham (D-FL). But Gravis, a decent robo-pollster, also found Gillum with a narrow lead to begin the race. Their poll, released Tuesday, found Gillum with 47 percent support to 45 percent for DeSantis.

The race will be one of the most consequential gubernatorial battles of the election cycle given Florida’s national importance, its large population and the ideological chasm that separates the two candidates.

Lets's give it to congress ladies & gentlemen

Cory Booker told Kavanaugh "In your court the same people always win"

That shit was hard. If I was Kavanaugh I would want to fight him.

The chick behind Kavanaugh throwing up the White Power sign

DmRiIY1UwAAiz6P

https://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-fires-back-at-bob-woodward-its-just-another-bad-book/

Trump Fires Back at Bob Woodward: ‘It’s Just Another Bad Book’

President Donald Trump predictably denied the reporting in veteran reporter Bob Woodward‘s new book about the chaos inside his presidency.

“It’s just another bad book. He’s had a lot of credibility problems,” Trump told The Daily Caller in an Oval Office interview. “I probably would have preferred to speak to him, but maybe not. I think it probably wouldn’t have made a difference in the book. He wanted to write the book a certain way.”

Meanwhile, CNN reports that Woodward tried to get in touch with the president for the book no fewer than six times.

“Maybe I wasn’t given messages that he called,” Trump said. “I probably would have spoken to him if he’d called, if he’d gotten through. For some reason I didn’t get messages on it.”

Woodward’s book claims that aides took papers off his desk to try and get him not to sign them, a claim that Anthony Scaramucci corroborated when he said that there are people in the White House who “think it is their job to save America from this president.”

“There was nobody taking anything from me,” Trump said, explaining that the claims could have been from “disgruntled employees or just made up.”

“It could be just made up by the author,” he added.

Meanwhile, Woodward doubled down on the statements written in his book:

And lest we forget, the Obama administration wasn’t necessarily keen on Woodward either, but who should come to his defense when they went after him than Donald J. Trump:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/tru...-prepped-lawsuit-against-nbc-after-it-leaked/

Trump Calls Access Hollywood Tape ‘Illegal,’ Claims He Prepped Lawsuit Against NBC After It Leaked

President Donald Trump claimed NBC broke the law by recording his infamous Access Hollywood tape in which he can be heard bragging about groping women without their consent, as he told the Daily Caller today that it “was illegal what they did.”

Trump said that he believes NBC’s release of the “grab ’em by the pussy” tape was “worse than CNN with Harvey Weinstein,” though it appears that the president meant to say NBC instead of CNN, as the Peacock Network is still in hot water for botching one of the biggest Harvey Weinstein sexual misconduct stories last year.

“NBC is very dishonest in its reporting of me,” Trump added — though, he would not call for the NBC chairman Andy Lack’s job, nor would he demand NBC lose it’s licensing. “[Lack] runs an organization which as far as its reporting on me is very dishonest.”

He went on to call into question the legitimacy of the tape, which was released just weeks before the end of the 2016 presidential race.

“There’s even questions about the tape, there’s many things going on.” Trump said — claiming that it was both “done in a trailer secretly” and “illegal.”

“I had a lawsuit prepared, a lawsuit that was prepared to be filed against NBC because they leaked that tape,” he added.“I had a lawyer hired to bring a suit right after the election ended, but one problem arose. I won the election.”

Trump concluded his thoughts on the subject by saying that he couldn’t sue them because he “won the election,” so there were no damages caused to him.

However, the president did not provide any evidence to back these claims and did not explain why the recording was “illegal.”

The chick behind Kavanaugh throwing up the White Power sign

DmRiIY1UwAAiz6P

https://lawandcrime.com/supreme-cou...mbol-at-brett-kavanaugh-confirmation-hearing/

Husband Defends Lawyer Accused of Making ‘White Power’ Gesture at Kavanaugh Hearing

An image spread like an electron inferno Tuesday afternoon of a woman seated behind Supreme Court candidate Brett Kavanaugh making a gesture some interpreted as a symbol of white supremacy.

The woman, Zina Bash, a Washington, D.C. attorney who worked as a Kavanaugh law clerk in the past and has been photographed frequently with him, was caught on camera with her hand making what appeared to be an “OK” symbol. That symbol has been said by several people to be a sign of white supremacy (or, at least, something highly questionable). But Bash’s husband said Tuesday it was absolutely nothing of the sort.

Bash is the wife of U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Texas John Bash and he stepped in to defend her:

The attacks today on my wife are repulsive. Everyone tweeting this vicious conspiracy theory should be ashamed of themselves. We weren’t even familiar with the hateful symbol being attributed to her for the random way she rested her hand during a long hearing. Zina is Mexican on her mother’s side and Jewish on her father’s side. She was born in Mexico. Her grandparents were Holocaust survivors. We of course have nothing to do with hate groups, which aim to terrorize and demean other people — never have and never would. Some of the Twitter comments have even referred to our baby daughter. I know that there are good folks on both sides of the political divide. I hope that people will clearly condemn this idiotic and sickening accusation.”

Images such as this old one of known white supremacist Richard Spencermaking the same symbol have added to the several-years-long debate of whether the symbol is, indeed, one of white supremacy:

In an article from last year, the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) disagreed with the legitimacy of the symbol as one of white supremacy, stating back then that suggestions from social media users that the symbol carries racist meaning were just the “latest hoax from members of notorious website 4chan.” Mark Pitcavage, a current ADL researcher had this to say on Twitter: “Out of all the things you should be legitimately concerned about regarding the Senate confirmation hearings in Washington, DC, today for Judge Kavanaugh . . . handshakes and handsigns ought not be among them. Actual serious constitutional issues are at stake.”

Last edited:
Back