Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

@AP21 @silverfoxx I know its been awhile, but how was Demarcus Cousins' defense when he played with u guys?
Silver nailed it

for some reason he just never seemed to have any lift when trying to block shots. He appeared at times to have cement shoes on. And i wouldnt expect that much from him on the defensive end if he has to guard anyone on the perimeter. People can drive by him and b/c he's already a step slow, its not like he can recover and try to block/alter the shot from behind

he got his name on the offensive end. He did appear to be a decent rebounder on the defensive end though

i'm kinda ready for this search to end. If SVG is the man, then go ahead and announce it lol

I wanna know who the assistants are going to be as well.

I'm getting fatigued with some of the pelicans bloggers with all this speculation and pie in the sky shit

I wanna know who they are looking at in the draft as well

Who do they want?
its not that per se

but they be posting these "well thought out" articles about these unrealistic ass trades with teams that would never make those kinds of deals. I know the trade machine is just for salary purposes and doesnt take into fit and shit but man, if i see another dumb ass trade proposal, i'ma pull my hair out

as far as coaching, the articles have been praising the idea of SVG and who the pelicans should draft in the event he is the hire. While i think the pelicans definitely need to get more athletic and just flat out talented on the defensive end, these articles are looking at the success that SVG has had with big men and are suggesting the pels draft a big with their 13th pick.

I personally do not think the pelicans should reach for a guy that "fits" what SVG has done in the past. This team, needs shooting and defense. I think with the 3 2nd round picks they have, they can package a couple of them to move back into the first to get a big b/c the bigs will be there. No one is reaching up to take those guys as a lot of teams are going to get guards who can initiate/facilitate the offense and wings who can shoot and defend.

My only issue is, with me not being as versed in college ball as some people are, i have no idea who the pels should take with their 13th pick. I just try to use the avg of mock drafts and if 3/5 say draft this player, then i tend to lock in on that guy.

The pelicans already have Hayes on the roster. He is NOT the answer to the pelicans deficiencies, however, i do see him as a solid piece on the second unit that does add athleticism. He def needs to add some more weight and IQ. I think he made some good steps in that direction in his rookie year, but there were times where he REALLY looked like a rookie and it kept him on the bench.

i'm starting to ramble and im not sure if I answered your question so i'll wait for your thoughts about my post

My only issue is, with me not being as versed in college ball as some people are, i have no idea who the pels should take with their 13th pick. I just try to use the avg of mock drafts and if 3/5 say draft this player, then i tend to lock in on that guy.
@silverfoxx thinks u guys should draft Grant Riller at 13th, but I gave him the bad news yesterday that my Lakers are drafting Riller at 28. Now he is threatening me, lol.

@silverfoxx thinks u guys should draft Grant Riller at 13th, but I gave him the bad news yesterday that my Lakers are drafting Riller at 28. Now he is threatening me, lol.
i have not seen this dude name in the top 15 in ANY of the many mock drafts i've seen

he'll more than likely be available for ya'll at that spot than the pels reaching to take him

So, what do we think of the hire? SVG is a solid coach, as long as he has no gm power and has mellowed abit, he should be fine. Although, they do say u can’t teach an old dog new tricks, so I am not sure about the last part.

my two pennies.

i know i get a lot of shit from Shiz and Silver about my support of Gentry. I stand by my position. Offensively, he did what he was known to do. The pelicans in his tenure was always top in pace and offensive rating, ppg, etc...

HE CANNOT MAKE THEM PLAY DEFENSE!!!. He can give all the pep talks he wants, but ultimately, defense comes down to desire. What i will fault Gentry for was his approach in dealing with his younger players by not benching them or cutting minutes or things like that. You cant put all of their inept defensive issues on him. At times they looked ok, but it means nothing if you're averaging 117 pts a game but giving up 118. Figuratively speaking.

I too was intrigued at the thought of a younger coach. Someone who could relate to the players or whatever, however, i feel like you just got rid of Gentry who from all accounts was loved by all his players. SVG might not be the sexy name, but by EVERYTHING i've read about him, he will not only bring the x's and o's but he will bring that accountability that was sorely missing.

The biggest rag on Gentry from stup....i mean, some people was that "hE's NeVAr wOn ANyThiNG" without understanding that there are very few coaches who actually win at all and at a consistent clip. SVG is an above .500 coach for his career and i think in what 9 years of being a head coach, has only missed the playoffs 3x or some shit? Idk the exact number. I have a podnuh who just swears that the unfortunate time in Detroit is more of an indication of SVG's talent than his Miami and Orlando days.

I think in Detroit, he did bite off more than he could chew by trying to be GM and coach, but here, he wont have to do that. He can just focus on coaching.

Put it like this. I want to see how the rest of the staff shakes out. There's one cat on pelicans bloggers on Twitter who's been trying to trade Jrue for like 2 years now. I would like to see what Jrue can offer at least up to the trade deadline with this roster and the new coach. If its his time to go, then i'll come to peace with that when that time comes. I think this is definitely a playoff team now. I do think there needs to be a move or two to the roster, but i think they hired the right guy. One thing that i kept seeing a couple of days ago was SVG reached out the pelicans. He had been talking about their team all year long on pods, on television, etc... He WANTED to be in NOLA and not a backup like Lue was using the pelicans for. That means something, at least to me it does.

my two pennies.

i know i get a lot of shit from Shiz and Silver about my support of Gentry. I stand by my position. Offensively, he did what he was known to do. The pelicans in his tenure was always top in pace and offensive rating, ppg, etc...

HE CANNOT MAKE THEM PLAY DEFENSE!!!. He can give all the pep talks he wants, but ultimately, defense comes down to desire. What i will fault Gentry for was his approach in dealing with his younger players by not benching them or cutting minutes or things like that. You cant put all of their inept defensive issues on him. At times they looked ok, but it means nothing if you're averaging 117 pts a game but giving up 118. Figuratively speaking.

I too was intrigued at the thought of a younger coach. Someone who could relate to the players or whatever, however, i feel like you just got rid of Gentry who from all accounts was loved by all his players. SVG might not be the sexy name, but by EVERYTHING i've read about him, he will not only bring the x's and o's but he will bring that accountability that was sorely missing.

The biggest rag on Gentry from stup....i mean, some people was that "hE's NeVAr wOn ANyThiNG" without understanding that there are very few coaches who actually win at all and at a consistent clip. SVG is an above .500 coach for his career and i think in what 9 years of being a head coach, has only missed the playoffs 3x or some shit? Idk the exact number. I have a podnuh who just swears that the unfortunate time in Detroit is more of an indication of SVG's talent than his Miami and Orlando days.

I think in Detroit, he did bite off more than he could chew by trying to be GM and coach, but here, he wont have to do that. He can just focus on coaching.

Put it like this. I want to see how the rest of the staff shakes out. There's one cat on pelicans bloggers on Twitter who's been trying to trade Jrue for like 2 years now. I would like to see what Jrue can offer at least up to the trade deadline with this roster and the new coach. If its his time to go, then i'll come to peace with that when that time comes. I think this is definitely a playoff team now. I do think there needs to be a move or two to the roster, but i think they hired the right guy. One thing that i kept seeing a couple of days ago was SVG reached out the pelicans. He had been talking about their team all year long on pods, on television, etc... He WANTED to be in NOLA and not a backup like Lue was using the pelicans for. That means something, at least to me it does.
That's cool and all of what you said, but one thing you left out that was a huge reason why Gentry was gone was accountability. He was not a good leader especially for young men. They tuned him out.

You should check out the latest episode of Hard in the paint by David Grubb.

That's cool and all of what you said, but one thing you left out that was a huge reason why Gentry was gone was accountability. He was not a good leader especially for young men. They tuned him out.

You should check out the latest episode of Hard in the paint by David Grubb.

maybe its the way you are wording your opinions. I wouldn't say he wasn't a good leader, he just probably wasn't as relatable. Maybe we're saying the same thing. I dont think we are, but maybe we are...idk

but a younger coach wouldnt guarantee them being relatable either. That's a roll of the dice.

Back