Welcome To aBlackWeb

if you focus real hard for more than 5 minutes about Toby McGuire as Spider-Man, you’ll realize that he ain’t even Peter Parker; he’s just the white guy they chose that day.

it literally coulda been anyone. He brought nothing to the role for real.
That's the idea of Peter Parker, which Andrew Garfield's version deviated from. Anyone could have been bitten by that spider and gotten superpowers. Who knows if John Jacobson had been bit, what would've happened differently? But the idea is that Peter is no different than anyone else and as such has to learn to balance power and responsibility... heroism and citizenry.... secrecy and intimacy.

The only legit gripe to have against Toby is that high school students don't look like they're in their 30s.

That's the idea of Peter Parker, which Andrew Garfield's version deviated from. Anyone could have been bitten by that spider and gotten superpowers. Who knows if John Jacobson had been bit, what would've happened differently? But the idea is that Peter is no different than anyone else and as such has to learn to balance power and responsibility... heroism and citizenry.... secrecy and intimacy.

The only legit gripe to have against Toby is that high school students don't look like they're in their 30s.

you missed my point. I meant as an actor choice, they could have picked just about any white actor.

I always liked Andrew Garfield as Peter/Spiderman more than Tobey. I don't dislike the first set of Spiderman movies, except 3 that shit was trash, but to me Andrew Garfield pulled off what we know Peter to be more than McGuire did. I think what makes Tom Holland's Spiderman successful is he's good at capturing the innocence of Peter when he first becomes and is learning how to deal with everything being Spiderman entails.

I always liked Andrew Garfield as Peter/Spiderman more than Tobey. I don't dislike the first set of Spiderman movies, except 3 that shit was trash, but to me Andrew Garfield pulled off what we know Peter to be more than McGuire did. I think what makes Tom Holland's Spiderman successful is he's good at capturing the innocence of Peter when he first becomes and is learning how to deal with everything being Spiderman entails.
Andrew was miles ahead of Tobey. Not perfect but he def stepped it up in a better way as far as the way Spiderman is presented and tbh his Peter Parker reminded me more of the animated series even tho he still was too young.

First fight with Harry and Peter through the alleyways we’re cool. Would’ve been dope on cartoon or with mcu’s current cgi. (I ate an edible btw Kinda kicking in)

Lol bruh, Iron Man wasn't even in the 2nd film
Him dealing with his death was and even in the preview in this movie coming up I believe he talking to the sorcerer guy about it. Tony Stark being killed should never surpass Uncle Ben dying in any version of Spiderman

Back