Welcome To aBlackWeb

well titanic did win a bunch of academy awards....and that's why i called it overrated...

and now BP is nominated for a bunch

I think logan and dark knight are the only comic book movies that deserved to have been nominated for an oscar

a lotta these movies need noms for effects.....not BP.... but quite a few

Michael b deserves a supporting actor nom, easy....

and the costume folk in bp did an amazing job....some of the detail was pretty amazing..

best picture...ehhhhhhhh

but MBJ and the costume people definitely

Dope that a comicbook movie is getting some oscar love, but movie of the year.. movie of the year?Great fucking flick and a top Marvel/Origin film for me, but shit wasnt better than no infinity war. Sure there were lots of other movies that were better too but i cant think of what all came out in 2018 haha.

I dunno if they have the category already, but it would be cool for Comicbook films to fall under "Best adaption movie" or something like that. Where the source material/inspiration of the film is already established in print as a novel/Graphic novel/Comicbook and they adapt it into film.

Dope that a comicbook movie is getting some oscar love, but movie of the year.. movie of the year?Great fucking flick and a top Marvel/Origin film for me, but shit wasnt better than no infinity war. Sure there were lots of other movies that were better too but i cant think of what all came out in 2018 haha.

I dunno if they have the category already, but it would be cool for Comicbook films to fall under "Best adaption movie" or something like that. Where the source material/inspiration of the film is already established in print as a novel/Graphic novel/Comicbook and they adapt it into film.

There’s a category for that. It’s “Best Adapted Screenplay.”

First Comic Book Movie to receive a best picture nomination. Yea yea. I get it. A lot of you are like it’s overrated well shit i could say that about A LOT of best picture nominees and winners in the past. Black Panther was an event. A monumental shift. A movie that made $700 million that was released in FEBRUARY. It was a film that touched on very timely issues while still staying within the confines of comic entertainment. Funny, exciting, impactful. Great visuals and great performances from THE ENSEMBLE. A call for more diversity in hollywood was answered in a BIG way with this film and not everyone got it or it’s meaningful message. But i got it and ive seen it several times. Kudos to Marvel for taking the chance and putting up $200 million on a film like this and having it turn out so rewarding. Kudos to Ryan Coogler, cast and crew. My only complaints on this film was the fight choreography and the CGI. Other than that, im thankful for its existence and im ready for more.

First Comic Book Movie to receive a best picture nomination. Yea yea. I get it. A lot of you are like it’s overrated well shit i could say that about A LOT of best picture nominees and winners in the past. Black Panther was an event. A monumental shift. A movie that made $700 million that was released in FEBRUARY. It was a film that touched on very timely issues while still staying within the confines of comic entertainment. Funny, exciting, impactful. Great visuals and great performances from THE ENSEMBLE. A call for more diversity in hollywood was answered in a BIG way with this film and not everyone got it or it’s meaningful message. But i got it and ive seen it several times. Kudos to Marvel for taking the chance and putting up $200 million on a film like this and having it turn out so rewarding. Kudos to Ryan Coogler, cast and crew. My only complaints on this film was the fight choreography and the CGI. Other than that, im thankful for its existence and im ready for more.

Well said.

so why get the nom if it's not even the best mcu movie on the year?

you know what imma say, but imma leave this alone, cuz the point yall brought up about how much it does for the film makers justifies it, simply because blacks too often get overlooked, and now they all have something they can add to their resume...

but this was some affirmative action shit.......

you know what imma say, but imma leave this alone, cuz the point yall brought up about how much it does for the film makers justifies it, simply because blacks too often get overlooked, and now they all have something they can add to their resume...

fam, how many movies that get nominated for best picture EVERY single year are movies that you've actually watched or heard of prior to the oscars?

dont die on this hill

I don't really give a shit about the Oscars, but can't we agree that films winning awards has never been solely about which movie was the best technically?

Back