Welcome To aBlackWeb

Janelle Monáe trying to cancel rappers (she is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s entitled to feel however she’d like.

My reaction is

giphy.gif

This the culture y’all want.

And whey I say y’all. I’m talking bout Feminist

Y'all responses is horrible bruh lol I thought we were growing up?

She is entitled how she feel and I certainly get her message. I was telling my Queen that I'm all for empowerment however I'm aware of the thin line of the raw honesty in art. Thought about this with the J Cole thing. Cole was wrong for what he said, but he was honest and vulnerable. It was not a thought out written statement by a PR person.

Art is a vulnerable place to convey your emotions, feelings, and thought. I do believe some abuse this power more for the good though. Just don't want us to lose being vulnerable in art in the middle of all of this.

Y'all responses is horrible bruh lol I thought we were growing up?

She is entitled how she feel and I certainly get her message. I was telling my Queen that I'm all for empowerment however I'm aware of the thin line of the raw honesty in art. Thought about this with the J Cole thing. Cole was wrong for what he said, but he was honest and vulnerable. It was not a thought out written statement by a PR person.

Art is a vulnerable place to convey your emotions, feelings, and thought. I do believe some abuse this power more for the good though. Just don't want us to lose being vulnerable in art in the middle of all of this.

And we’re entitled to feel the way do.

The pendulum swings back and forth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back