Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is the conscious community frauds?

Nah, he was on some pimpin the system type shit. I never really thought he was a fraud the way I think Umar is, but he always came off to me to be a bit of a hustler. I'm not saying he's not a hustler, but I can at least acknowledge that he is doing some good and that he can present his case in a decent matter. I haven't been studying dude or anything, so you're right, he could have been doing all that for longer than I realized.
He said he started as a street hustler and pimps looked after him and schooled him as a teen, but was never a pimp himself. He unapologetically infuses "mack" like theory into his rhetoric because it's like hes gonna "dance with who brought him here" kind of thing. The same way rappers like Hov and pusha rap about cocaine for 20 years because that's how they became successful in first place. I get it can turn off some but remember Malcolm x really was a pimp a robber and drug dealer and nobody held it against him once he turned to preaching black empowerment.

Crime is a means to an end, but not the end all be all. We understand white supremacy is a system of deprivation and as hip hop fans how many times have we heard the stories of doing crime to survive the circumstances of oppression, nahmean. Tariqs story is no different

I'm not judging him for the criminal nature of his past or whatever. His rhetoric always struck me as him running game. That could have been me misreading him, him evolving to be more genuine over time, or some combination of the two. I don't know. All I can say, I've come to gain more respect for him.

I don't care if yall think he he is a scam artist. Just talk about what he said in the clip. Do any of yall disagree with the overall point he is making? His part ends @ 7:15 mark

I don't care if yall think he he is a scam artist. Just talk about what he said in the clip. Do any of yall disagree with the overall point he is making? His part ends @ 7:15 mark

He's right. I've been saying that for forever. It's not a black thing though. It's a U.S. thing. Only thing I kinda disagree with is that he's acting like there aren't paths to plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, etc... careers out there. They are there. People just don't use them because those careers aren't promoted as much as engineering, medicine, and law for example.

I think the bigger problem is how careers like teaching and social work that blacks go into require college degrees and lead to debt but don't pay much despite being very important. I think more should be done there. At one point, jobs like that had paths for college loan forgiveness if you worked in communities in need. The Republicans eliminated most of those though.

BtW, what the hell is FOX Soul?

Last edited:
He's right. I've been saying that for forever. It's not a black thing though. It's a U.S. thing. Only thing I kinda disagree with is that he's acting like there aren't paths to plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, etc... careers out there. They are there. People just don't use them because those careers aren't promoted as much as engineering, medicine, and law for example.

I think the bigger problem is how careers like teaching and social work that blacks go into require college degrees and lead to debt but don't pay much despite being very important. I think more should be done there. At one point, jobs like that had paths for college loan forgiveness if you worked in communities in need. The Republicans eliminated most of those though.

BtW, what the hell is FOX Soul?

It's a Youtube channel. I just found it a few months ago. They have some good shit on there.

They are. It's all black people on those videos about so called black topics.

Oh, so it actually is part of the real FOX network. That's insane. How could they possibly believe they could support both FOXNews and a black oriented website? These corporations are shameless.

Oh, so it actually is part of the real FOX network. That's insane. How could they possibly believe they could support both FOXNews and a black oriented website? These corporations are shameless.

All they care about
4BON.gif

@The Lonious Monk

Murdoch’s company launches Fox Soul, a streaming service for black audiences. Will it work?

The service, called Fox Soul, uses the tag line of “Our Voice, Our Truth” and promises unfettered discussion of pop culture, politics, faith and personal advice.

The service will launch with four original daily shows produced in Los Angeles and will also carry existing programs from Fox-owned TV stations in New York, Chicago and other large urban markets, which cater to black audiences.

“The shows will be what African American people talk about around the kitchen table,” said Jack Abernethy, chief executive of the Fox Television Stations. “This is programmed by and for that community.”

@The Lonious Monk

Murdoch’s company launches Fox Soul, a streaming service for black audiences. Will it work?

The service, called Fox Soul, uses the tag line of “Our Voice, Our Truth” and promises unfettered discussion of pop culture, politics, faith and personal advice.

The service will launch with four original daily shows produced in Los Angeles and will also carry existing programs from Fox-owned TV stations in New York, Chicago and other large urban markets, which cater to black audiences.

“The shows will be what African American people talk about around the kitchen table,” said Jack Abernethy, chief executive of the Fox Television Stations. “This is programmed by and for that community.”

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how to feel about this. I don't trust the FOX corporation, but if the black people involved can use the platform to keep our people informed, I guess it's not a bad thing. Let's be real, we don't have any kinda news org that really caters to us or makes an effort to address our community's concerns.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how to feel about this. I don't trust the FOX corporation, but if the black people involved can use the platform to keep our people informed, I guess it's not a bad thing. Let's be real, we don't have any kinda news org that really caters to us or makes an effort to address our community's concerns.

I've been saying for years we need a 24/7 black owned news network/channel. Without it everything about us gets filtered through a white person lens. That does us no good in long run

I've been saying for years we need a 24/7 black owned news network/channel. Without it everything about us gets filtered through a white person lens. That does us no good in long run

Yep. I'd agree with that.

The only benefit to something like FOX having a black channel is that it would likely attract nonblacks to view also. If FOX gave the blacks that ran the channel latitude to present things genuinely then some nonblacks would get a better understanding of how fucked up we are portrayed normally. But it's a pipe dream to believe that FOX would give them that kinda latitude or that the typical FOX audience would be that open minded.

Yep. I'd agree with that.

The only benefit to something like FOX having a black channel is that it would likely attract nonblacks to view also. If FOX gave the blacks that ran the channel latitude to present things genuinely then some nonblacks would get a better understanding of how fucked up we are portrayed normally. But it's a pipe dream to believe that FOX would give them that kinda latitude or that the typical FOX audience would be that open minded.

That's why I always said it has to be black owned. No white owned company is going to give black people the latitude to tell the complete truth and history about white people and racism in this country and the world over.

It will always be watered down to where they can somewhat accept it. Once its watered down its not going to hit like we need it to

Remember long before fox news became the propaganda arm of white supremacy fox launched several several black shows, in living color, Martin etc. Even today empire is a success

They'll sell you coats in the winter and fans in the summer

Back