Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Believe In God....But...

King Solomon was that dude before he started serving false idols. An interested character in the bible is Melchizedek. Although the bible don't really talk much about him but as him being called the King of Peace/King of Righteousness. Those two labels grasped my eyes. I always pondered was he Jesus in the old testament until my uncle reminded me that it wasn't becoming that'll mean, the end of time would've been the third coming of Christ.

I don't think there was a real concentration on continuity back then.

Niggaz just went at it.

I can't look at the Bible as literally the word of God. And maybe that's where I fall short, but so be it. I see it as how that author understood God to be at the time of his writing.

There absolutely could have been some divine intervention at play.... I'm all for that....

But 1,000's of years later?
All the hands this shit went thru.
Politics, scandals, greed, corruption.....

It's just not likely the book we hold in our hands today is anything more than a guide. I have faith that it'll still lead me in the right direction.

But that faith is not extended to taking every single word literal, and trying to out my ass explain clear contradictory verses prolly written by two completely different people in different years and possibly different languages....

Like none of these words are printed in their original language... And how much gets lost in translation??

Just too much human error involved to get worked up over being verbatim.. especially when most churches to this day still have sermons trying to interpret these same scriptures.

Not to mention, you can listen to 100 sermons from 100 preachers covering the exact same scripture... An each may give a complete different explanation...

It's just all too much IMO to realistically hold a gun to anyones head about a couple of words

And folks assume you less a Christian for this

Its something out here higher than us.

Im not saying its God but we aint the pinnacle

Not much time left.....

Amen.

you never answered my questions homie. I didn't ask in jest or to troll you either, shit was about as sincere as it gets.

My moms flew out a little over a week ago and we sat down together and spoke on it, laid out a lot of shit from my past that she never knew and she gave me a bit more perspective on it all (she's an ordained minister and her husband, my stepfather, is a pastor). With the way things are working in my life as of today it looks like God has intervened and brought some people into my life with insight specific to my problems that can help out, so for that I'm thankful. Still got a long road ahead and I'm still going to lose a lot in the coming months, but what I gain back just might be far more important and meaningful than anything I lose.

Man, I recently read the whole bible again last month...And on a certain level, the Job story pissed me off so bad...Cause why?...Satan rolls through and tries you so you fuck this nigga whole life up?...He fixed it later, but only cause Job stayed true, which is commendable as fuck cause the average person woulda folded...So I guess, don't fold under pressure...But why introduce the pressure in the first place?
The original treway

you never answered my questions homie. I didn't ask in jest or to troll you either, shit was about as sincere as it gets.

My moms flew out a little over a week ago and we sat down together and spoke on it, laid out a lot of shit from my past that she never knew and she gave me a bit more perspective on it all (she's an ordained minister and her husband, my stepfather, is a pastor). With the way things are working in my life as of today it looks like God has intervened and brought some people into my life with insight specific to my problems that can help out, so for that I'm thankful. Still got a long road ahead and I'm still going to lose a lot in the coming months, but what I gain back just might be far more important and meaningful than anything I lose.
I think we all people in our life like this.
It's up to us to see it.

It's interesting how toxic people can affect how you see things and yourself.
But the solutions have always been right in front of you or within reach.
Your people just taught you to see what was already there.

Like I always say...it's about perspective

My moms flew out a little over a week ago and we sat down together and spoke on it, laid out a lot of shit from my past that she never knew and she gave me a bit more perspective on it all (she's an ordained minister and her husband, my stepfather, is a pastor and fairly high ranking individual in the AME church overall). With the way things are working in my life as of today it looks like God has intervened and brought some people into my life with insight specific to my problems that can help out, so for that I'm thankful. Still got a long road ahead and I'm still going to lose a lot in the coming months, but what I gain back just might be far more important and meaningful than anything I lose.

Forgive me, I've been busy.
Praise the LORD that God is working things out for you and showing you that He loves you!

I think we all people in our life like this.
It's up to us to see it.

It's interesting how toxic people can affect how you see things and yourself.
But the solutions have always been right in front of you or within reach.
Your people just taught you to see what was already there.

Like I always say...it's about perspective

Actually, what ended up happening is I started counseling for my issues a little over a month ago. It turns out the counselor/psych is my age, also from Detroit, went to the same college I went to around the same time I was last there, and this past week he shared with me a part of his life that damned near mirrored the shit I'm currently going through. Shit is eerie at how a random cat I picked as a counselor ended up having such a similar background. Of course my moms says it's divine intervention... And at this point I can't say that it isn't.

Actually, what ended up happening is I started counseling for my issues a little over a month ago. It turns out the counselor/psych is my age, also from Detroit, went to the same college I went to around the same time I was last there, and this past week he shared with me a part of his life that damned near mirrored the shit I'm currently going through. Shit is eerie at how a random cat I picked as a counselor ended up having such a similar background. Of course my moms says it's divine intervention... And at this point I can't say that it isn't.
Life is all connected like this if we give attention to the detail, however society and all that goes with it keeps us dis-tracted.

That nigga running game. You a bag.

Back