Welcome To aBlackWeb

Remember he had that big ass cloak on so it was hiding all the fat.
People online are complaining about Thor being fat smh. Niggas watching too much Marvel.
He looks too much like his bro...which typing that out just now makes me realize how silly of an issue that is too have, lol.

If that was his voice actor in the trailer, though, I can't wait. I just wanted him to be serious and the dude giving the "calm and reasonable" lines sounds like he doesn't fuck around.

Thor looks wack compared to the teaser at the end of the first game.

Also, I love Angrboda's character design. Plus, I'm sure a certain group of people are fuming on social media, atm, lol.
They made Thor look just like the original description of him from the myths. Marvel made him have blonde hair and cut up DC's Thor is is chubby with red hair. Also Heimdall is the killer in the stories and great fighter that kills Loki

Angrboda isn't even human. She's a jötunn.

I don't really care one way or another about the white people that get mad over the race switching. That said, I don't understand the need some developers and producers have with random race switches. You don't have to do that. Black people do exist in the real world. Use references to real black cultural elements. It's becoming a story about Kratos vs gods from other pantheons, so if you want a black god, introduce a character from a black pantheon.

Shout out to Santa Monica Stu for having these lame bigoted squares shook because of Angrboda appearance. These fools are silent on kratos being voiced by black men from day 1, but, Mayne, long story short...

53F0FB3D-F474-4384-95ED-9D8DA92FBC14.gif

I don't really care one way or another about the white people that get mad over the race switching. That said, I don't understand the need some developers and producers have with random race switches. You don't have to do that. Black people do exist in the real world. Use references to real black cultural elements. It's becoming a story about Kratos vs gods from other pantheons, so if you want a black god, introduce a character from a black pantheon.

What's the problem with her being black when she's a shape-shifting giant? And why introduce a character that has nothing to do with the story being told?

Nobody should have an issue with the character's appearance. Anybody that does is either racist or just looking to complain.

What's the problem with her being black when she's a shape-shifting giant? And why introduce a character that has nothing to do with the story being told?

Nobody should have an issue with the character's appearance. Anybody that does is either racist or just looking to complain.

I don't want to argue this too deep.

I'll just say this. Norse mythology is white mythology,. White people, particularly those with Scandinavian heritage, have the right to want to see shit from their culture reflect themselves. I ain't saying the developers needed to do what those people wanted. I'm not saying that making such a big fuss about something so trivial is warranted. I'm just saying that they have the right to want to see characters based on white people shit look white. If the next God of War took place in West Africa and featured the Orisha, you can bet that a lot of Hotep ass niggas would have a fit if Ogun or Shango was depicted as white or Asian. They wouldn't be racist for that either.

I don't want to argue this too deep.

I'll just say this. Norse mythology is white mythology,. White people, particularly those with Scandinavian heritage, have the right to want to see shit from their culture reflect themselves. I ain't saying the developers needed to do what those people wanted. I'm not saying that making such a big fuss about something so trivial is warranted. I'm just saying that they have the right to want to see characters based on white people shit look white. If the next God of War took place in West Africa and featured the Orisha, you can bet that a lot of Hotep ass niggas would have a fit if Ogun or Shango was depicted as white or Asian. They wouldn't be racist for that either.

I guess you've failed to see the numerous people of Scandinavian descent and actual Norse scholars who have come out and said any complaints are baseless because there's no true description of the character's looks. She's not even human. So yeah, they are racists. The ones that aren't, truly don't care.

I guess you've failed to see the numerous people of Scandinavian descent and actual Norse scholars who have come out and said any complaints are baseless because there's no true description of the character's looks. She's not even human. So yeah, they are racists. The ones that aren't, truly don't care.

Bruh, stop it. Name one pantheon of gods where the gods (the human looking ones anyway) didn't look like the people that created the mythology. Scandinavian gods looked like Scandinavian people, not randomly like some chick from Africa. You know that and I now that. But I'm not going to die on this hill because I don't care about it that much.

As long as you keep this energy the next time African, Asian, or some other group's cultural figures are whitewashed, then its all good.

Bruh, stop it. Name one pantheon of gods where the gods (the human looking ones anyway) didn't look like the people that created the mythology. Scandinavian gods looked like Scandinavian people, not randomly like some chick from Africa. You know that and I now that. But I'm not going to die on this hill because I don't care about it that much.

As long as you keep this energy the next time African, Asian, or some other group's cultural figures are whitewashed, then its all good.

How many jötunn have you seen? If actual Scandinavians are saying that the people complaining are full of isht, where do you come off making a complaint? I notice you didn't even touch on that fact in your response. Scholars and actual people of Scandinavian descent have called BS yet here you are on the side of the bigots and idiots. Make it make sense.

How many jötunn have you seen? If actual Scandinavians are saying that the people complaining are full of isht, where do you come off making a complaint? I notice you didn't even touch on that fact in your response. Scholars and actual people of Scandinavian descent have called BS yet here you are on the side of the bigots and idiots. Make it make sense.

Bruh, what do you not understand? I'm not the one making the complaints. I just don't care about white people preferring to see characters from a mythology created by white people to be depicted as white. If that offends you for some reason, battle them all you want. For me, I'd rather see more use of actual black concepts in games, movies, tv shows, etc... over black tokens.

I just value consistency, so as long as you keep the same energy next time some black shit is randomly race switched, you're all good with me.

Bruh, what do you not understand? I'm not the one making the complaints. I just don't care about white people preferring to see characters from a mythology created by white people to be depicted as white. If that offends you for some reason, battle them all you want. For me, I'd rather see more use of actual black concepts in games, movies, tv shows, etc... over black tokens.

I just value consistency, so as long as you keep the same energy next time some black shit is randomly race switched, you're all good with me.

You quoted me, my guy. You started this whole back and forth and even listed why you have a problem with the character being black as well. So you would be the one taking offense here. I'm simply calling the bigots and idiots what they are.

And you're still avoiding the fact that people with actual knowledge of the character have labeled the complaints BS. You obviously fall into the group of people that just want to complain.

You quoted me, my guy. You started this whole back and forth and even listed why you have a problem with the character being black as well. So you would be the one taking offense here. I'm simply calling the bigots and idiots what they are.

And you're still avoiding the fact that people with actual knowledge of the character have labeled the complaints BS. You obviously fall into the group of people that just want to complain.

In that very post I said that the developers weren't wrong and the people making a big deal out of this are stupid

My points were that I didn't see anything wrong with people having an expectation for characters from a Scandinavian mythology to actually look Scandinavian. And that Is rather see actual African culture used more over tokens and race switching.

Experts saying there is no clear racial description of these characters isn't the smoking gun you think it is. There's probably no clear racial description of the Orishas in their original stories but no one would argue that they weren't black.

Again, I'm not that invested in the debate one way or the other. As long as everyone keeps the same energy when the tables are turned, it's all good.

Back