Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

It's been that way since Nautica and Cool Water hit in the 90's. Granted, Xeryus and maybe Grey Flannel were precursors to that scent, but it didn't really catch on until Nautica, then really hit with Cool Water. After that, them citrus scents been all the rage. My preference is for deeper, spiced scents; not the bright slap-you-in-your-face scents cats wear now.
Try Costume National Homme, Cartier Declaration, Mancera Red Tobacco, Rochas Moustache(if you don't want to spend for YSL tuxedo), or Tom Ford Noir Extreme.

EDIT: Oh and Spicebomb Extreme

I'm a fish out of water lol

The only scent I've been wearing is a YSL variant and I'm too lazy to go look to see which one it is but I always get compliments on how good it smells.

I'll look later after I go back to sleep and get some rest but cause I don't wear a lot, I don't need a huge bottle

I'm just looking for something to alternate and change it up from time to time

I guess if we're talking tiers, I would like a work cologne and a casual going out cologne. I think I'm set for the "date" cologne with the YSL.

Budget? The YSL was a gift so idk how much it cost but it's a pretty big bottle. I honestly don't know but I know I'm not trying to wear lucky you lol
YSL flanker and good for dates? Hmm, Imma guess you got a La Nuit De L'homme or something from the Y line.

375x500.5521.jpg
375x500.50757.jpg

As for something for work an going out, you gonna want a versatile fragrance like ADG Profumo, Chanel Allure Homme Eau extreme, Prada Luna Rossa Carbon(Sauvage wave rider)Dior Homme 2020, or Montblanc Explorer(Aventus clone)

Still old school. These two came in the mail yesterday. I have a bottle of the "newer" Perry Ellis, and its pretty good and all, but it's nothing compared to the classic, original Perry Ellis. The Lagerfeld I wore today and I swear that shit is like a magic elixir. Nothing but women stopping me over it talking about how they haven't smelled it in years. One somewhat older broad said something to the effect of "I wish men smelled more like this again... like a real man"

20220328_165319.jpg

@King Freeman I have currently 18 different colognes. I want 2 more to get it to 20. I shall buy that Sauvage by Dior that you speak so very highly of and another one. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Side note: I tried out some fragrances on my trip to LA back in July

IMG-2069.jpg

Louis Vuitton On the Beach: Wore this out on Venice and Santa Monica. Better than California Dream, but that's not saying much. Hot weather, citrus with neroli and some cypress.

Mom's rating: Nah

Louis Vuitton California Dream: A toned down version of On the Beach. For both of these the price is too much to justify getting a bottle. You can get something similar that performs way better for way cheaper than both of these fragrances.

Mom's rating: Nah

Etat Libre D'Orange You or Someone Like You: This is a go. Bottle worthy. A mojito in fragrance form. Mint and citrus I've tested this before and been meaning to buy a full bottle, but had to get reintroduced to it. ONLY knock against it is it doesn't last long.

Mom's rating: This the one

Last edited:
IMG_20220913_132423167.jpg

Scents I been sampling for fall. Will definitely be ordering a full bottle of the Nest and D&G. Idk about the 7virtures yet. I got a strong smoky wood smell when I wore it. I'm going to see if I can get a sample of the ysl libre le that just came out.

Last edited:
View attachment 923737

Scents I been sampling for fall. Will definitely be ordering a full bottle of the Nest and D&G. Idk about the 7virtures yet. I got a strong smoky wood smell when I wore it. I'm going to see if I can get a sample of the ysl libre le that just came out.

man that D&G just does something to me every time I smell it on a woman SMH🙁🥰

Back