Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Why Sam Raimi's Spider Man Trilogy is butt

Spider-Man 1, and 2 were dope. Fuck this video. How you gonna pick this shit apart 15-17 years later after seeing how the genre has developed and not come to the same conclusion.

This the ultimate hindsight is 20-20 bullshit.
the point is...certain movies NO QUESTION hold up over time, regardless of how much time that is

we all, myself included were geeked af for spider man, and probably saw all 3 in theaters when they came out, but that doesnt mean 15+ years later, they are good movies which is the point

when you are in the moment, you're not gonna see how cheesy it is having James Franco losing his memory with no prior knowledge of the previous two movies. Couple that with the fact that i think after a certain age, you start to actual appreciate the art that is film making and can go back and really point out the shit in bad movies.

The first Matrix STILL holds up to this day and it came out before the spiderman trilogy. From story to special effects.

the point is...certain movies NO QUESTION hold up over time, regardless of how much time that is

we all, myself included were geeked af for spider man, and probably saw all 3 in theaters when they came out, but that doesnt mean 15+ years later, they are good movies which is the point

when you are in the moment, you're not gonna see how cheesy it is having James Franco losing his memory with no prior knowledge of the previous two movies. Couple that with the fact that i think after a certain age, you start to actual appreciate the art that is film making and can go back and really point out the shit in bad movies.

The first Matrix STILL holds up to this day and it came out before the spiderman trilogy. From story to special effects.
Two outta the 3 blades hold up.
Nostalgia is a motherfucker

Nah, don’t diss 66’-68’ Batman.
Always been a Batman fantatic since Pampers but i always viewed Batman 66 as trash. I'm sure for the people alive at that time it was their first live action batman so you got what you got and loved it. I even hate the bat mobile, anytime a show shows the OG car I'm like that's cool but where is the Burton whip.

I was never a fan of those movies myself but I don’t think they were “wack” maybe part 3 was garbage. But the first two were ok. I do think that Homecoming was the best live action Spider-Man movie.

Toby's discovery of this powers was great, his struggle with losing his abilities was great, his struggle with trying to be a hero and a husband was great. Everything else was kinda trash, but nah..

They are better than the films that came after. This spider man doesnt have the confidence that spiderman has.

Those movies didn't move the needle. Those Garfield movies are pretty much forgotten about and the other kid movie was only a plot device for those team up movies.

Old Trilogy villains were much better than the newer movies villains with the exception of Venom
i feel like im talking to a brick wall

let me try this

you think they had better villains...i'll agree..im speaking solely from the pov of the villain themselves and NOT the actors

so i'll concede to the fact that Green Goblin is a better character than Jamie Foxx villain character

HOWEVER, the performances by those actors portraying those characters were BAD which is why i'm saying those movies are trash

Those movies didn't move the needle. Those Garfield movies are pretty much forgotten about and the other kid movie was only a plot device for those team up movies.

Old Trilogy villains were much better than the newer movies villains with the exception of Venom

Fuck it, I'll say it.

Just like the movie Dr. Octopus was overrated AF. Green Goblin/William Dafoe was way fukn better.

But Michael Keaton/Vulture shits on both of em.

Only because a newer and better matrix wasn't made. That's my point. This conversation is only being had because we've seen a newer and better version from a different and better studio.

Only because a newer and better matrix wasn't made. That's my point. This conversation is only being had because we've seen a newer and better version from a different and better studio.
OR

just maybe, looking back, those movies are trash ~shrugs~

I mean, even without Daredevil being brought to netflix, i dont think ANYONE will say the only reason why people dont like the Ben Affleck version is b/c we got a newer interpretation

the shit was just a bad movie

period

Those are the keywords.

If those Toby joints were that great they would hold.

Nolan's Batman trilogy is considered great(newer & better), but Tim Burton's 2 are still held in high regard.

Those are the keywords.

If those Toby joints were that great they would hold.

Nolan's Batman trilogy is considered great(newer & better), but Tim Burton's 2 are still held in high regard.

Who thinks Tim burton's 2 are better than nolan's?

Tobeys joints have held, niggas just using marvel iterations to shit on it. I ain't hear this shit when the Andrew Garfield versions came out.

What we doing here?

OR

just maybe, looking back, those movies are trash ~shrugs~

I mean, even without Daredevil being brought to netflix, i dont think ANYONE will say the only reason why people dont like the Ben Affleck version is b/c we got a newer interpretation

the shit was just a bad movie

period

Yeah but we said that shit was bad off top. That's the point I'm trying to make. It didn't take a new daredevil show for us to know the bem Affleck version was trash.

Niggas wasn't saying tobeys spiderman 1,2 were trash after the Andrew Garfield versions came out.

But after something that came from a source we were clamoring for and knew could do better with the character all of a sudden shit that wasn't wack to you before is wack? Lol. Some fucking nerd on YouTube had to decide that for you.

If you always felt that way about spiderman cool. 15-17 years later when the genre is at its pinnacle I don't want to hear that shit.

I was watching Batman Returns a few months ago... just threw it on... bruh, that shit was so sexually charged... the scene where catwoman and penguin meet they almost fuck like 3 times... did not remember that shit like that as a kid... I was cracking up...

Tobey Macguire is a horrible Spiderman, horrible actor, should've never got the part...

Video didn't mention how he just magically busts out the CGI costume outta nowhere...

Great video though, I love shit like that...

More like catwoman had sexual. Harisma about her here was some innuendo in the movie most of I was done by penguin, dude was suoerhorny. There was no se,Hal energy between catwoman and penguin. It was one-sided because penguin had the hots for her and catwoman had no interest in him beyond being partners in crimd

You guys are spoiled.

This is what passed for Spider Man when I was a kid

This is an early childhood favorite of mine ,I was a big time spider fan as a toddler and it's narrated by Morgan Freeman . They also don't know about that live action television series from back in the day with the slow wall crawling up buildings and you can see thewires, the web slinging shots were it was just a dummy swinging in a cable, there were no super villians it was street level crime. The awful web shooting shots were the web's were shoot from a nozzles in the backround. . It was obviosly shot in Los Angeles or San Francisco but we were supposed to believe he lived in new york. His costume looked like a spider-man version of the footsoldiers from the 90s tent live action movie with those bubble eye lenses etc.

On the plus side there was a two hour movie special were he fought a deadly brainwashing cultt and there fight sequences were he fought samarai doing cool shit like crawling on the ceiling and fightbad guys while he clung to the walls and the show had the supporting cast of characters like aunt nay, j.jonah Jameson and glory grant.

Last edited:
Back