Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jason Mitchell Dropped From ‘The Chi’ Over “Inappropriate Behavior”

Rising actor Jason Mitchell (Straight Outta Compton, The Chi) won’t appear in Season 3 of the acclaimed Showtime series.

Deadline is reporting that the Louisiana born actor has been dropped from his talent agency UTA, his management company Authentic Talent & Literary Management as well as a Netflix film he was cast as the lead in
titled Desperados. The reason? Inappropriate behavior that all parties thought was so severe that Mitchell had to be released from his respective contracts for all four properties.

The alleged off-set incident was investigated “immediately and thoroughly” according to Deadline, prompting Mitchell’s immediate dismissal from the film and reps for both UTA and Authentic both confirmed he was no longer a client. Reps for Showtime and Fox 21, the production company behind The Chi both told Deadline that Mitchell would not return for season 3.

Back in 2016, Mitchell was accused of assaulting a woman.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebox...from-the-chi-over-inappropriate-behavior/amp/

Damn. That sux

Man, dude was my favorite character on the show.

They probably gonna have him get clapped off camera by Douda or something.

Oh they definitely killin his character off. Then chalk it up as "Its Chicago...what else did you expect?"

If it was rape...I think we would've heard about charges being pressed by now

Unfortunate, I really liked Brandon as a character and wanted to see him succeed as a chef.

There's shooting ya shot and then there's shooting the Mitchell

He's setting his biography up for one helluva redemption arc

Back