Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Ingram showing flashes of what he can potentially be tonight.

Great defensive possession against Melo at the end of the game that should close the game out

Edit: they tried their best to give that game up at the end though

Last edited:
Woj said teams are offering 2nd round picks for Julius Randle (not nearly enough imo) but teams aren’t willing to give up a first since he’s going to be a restricted free agent.

At this point I hope the team just stays as is unless somehow we get a deal for an all star which I don’t see happening.

WOW, great trade by Rob Pelinka. Sorry i doubted the dude. Perfect trade, We get a 1st round pick, we dont take on any long term salary and we get Shooting around Lonzo.

WOW, great trade by Rob Pelinka. Sorry i doubted the dude. Perfect trade, We get a 1st round pick, we dont take on any long term salary and we get Shooting around Lonzo.

Rob has done his stuff since being hired. I hope the trend continues.

I knew Isaiah since high school and we went to college together. I was pretty close with both his sisters (RIP Chyna).. we had a chance to draft him like 3 times in 2011 when he went 60th and he was hella upset we didn't. Tried to join us again a couple years later in free agency and Mitch dumb ass wasn't going for it. We coulda used him like a mother fucker at the time. But anyways, I know it's a strong chance he only plays for us for 28 games.. I would definitely be against spending anything more than a mid level on him but I'm happy that his dream of playing for the Lakers has finally come true. It will be interesting to see how him and Lonzo play together.. Hopefully this doesn't affect Hart's minutes. Defensively our backcourt could be similar to what him and Avery were in Boston also with BI blossoming to a great 2 way player but I'm not sure how it will work offensively. Also the injury playing a big part in his play. At his best, he's leaps and bounds above Clarkson at scoring and a better playmaker as well. He immediately becomes our best free throw shooter.

The best part about the trade is the flexibility it created. Still a possibility we somehow use the Cavs 1st rounder and maybe our own 2019 1st rounder to unload Deng to someone for an expiring. If not, we still have the best scout in the NBA with Ryan West who hasn't missed on non lottery first round picks yet and Loul becomes an expiring deal to trade in 2019 and we could still do the extend-stretch trick. Either way we just got hella space. Now the only question is what we do with Julius Randle, qualifying offer?? I wonder what his market value is this summer with hella teams being cash strapped. I think Nerlens Noel is still a viable option if we decide to go a different direction and Brook Lopez is a solid option at the right price. Kuzma should be starting at 4 next season.

My ideal scenario is get Paul George and some solid value role players (3 and D??) this summer and I think we have a strong chance at getting someone like Klay next summer. If we do sign Lebron it would be nice if it's another 1-1 deal like he's been doing. Not trying to be paying a 38 year old with hella milage 40 million a year down the line. I don't think there's anything we can do this summer to put us past the Warriors. We need to be thinking about steadily improving and championship aspirations 2-3 years out AT MINIMUM.

Great win last night. Nice to see Lonzo back. Played decently next to IT, although i thought he was deferring to him a bit too much (which lead to a turnover on one possession). Maybe i am nitpicking, we shall see in the upcoming games.

What made me happy the most was Zubac's play. He had a good game right before the allstar break, but i thought it was a blip. After last night, it seems he is the one who is going to soak up Nance's minutes. What pleased me the most was his hands. In Summer league play, he was so bad catching the ball, but it looks like he has worked on this alot. He caught some nice passes from Lonzo and IT, and was able to finish. His aggressiveness on the offensive glass was also awesome to see.

I was concerned he was out of the rotation most of the season, but its great to see he has been improving while he was at the G League.

Randle, smh... One game, dude plays like a 5-time all star, then next game, he will play so out of control and no effort on defense. I am so worried we pay this dude and he returns to "dont give a fuck" ways.

Fell asleep on the game last night but early I liked the chemistry between Zo and Zu. I really hope he develops into a mainstay with the squad. He has it in him. I'm speaking of Zupac.

Back