ABW Day 1s vs IC Fugees: BNE VS Preach

Who Won The Debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all let me try to define what I think it means to be "pro-black"
being pro-black in my opinion is about having pride in your race and the roots that you come from.
it's about loving the people who love you without discrimination and judgement
we cannot control who we love and if the person we fall in love with just happens to be white
then that is just the way it is, they can still be pro black and PROUD of themselves as a black man/women.

giphy-4_zpsfxudctqo.gif

First of all let me try to define what I think it means to be "pro-black"
being pro-black in my opinion is about having pride in your race and the roots that you come from.
it's about loving the people who love you without discrimination and judgement
we cannot control who we love and if the person we fall in love with just happens to be white
then that is just the way it is, they can still be pro black and PROUD of themselves as a black man/women.
using your definition, how can you truly have pride in your race and roots if you don't intend to perpetuate it? reproducing with a white person might create a child that identifies with blackness, ok. what then if that child just happens to fall in love with a white person too? how many generations before the blackness and the roots you claim to love become a distant past?

love doesn't happen by accident. for it to form, you have to be open to it. for example, I am not open to falling in love with someone who has conservative views. sure, you can't help who you love, but I'd have to first be open enough to view them in that light. that comes before the development of any feelings.

that's a selective kind of pro-blackness if it only applies to the outer community and not your love life or family. it starts within. if something within you leads to you choosing a white person, there's nothing wrong with it. you just aren't that pro-black.

using your definition, how can you truly have pride in your race and roots if you don't intend to perpetuate it? reproducing with a white person might create a child that identifies with blackness, ok. what then if that child just happens to fall in love with a white person too? how many generations before the blackness and the roots you claim to love become a distant past?

love doesn't happen by accident. for it to form, you have to be open to it. for example, I am not open to falling in love with someone who has conservative views. sure, you can't help who you love, but I'd have to first be open enough to view them in that light. that comes before the development of any feelings.

that's a selective kind of pro-blackness if it only applies to the outer community and not your love life or family. it starts within. if something within you leads to you choosing a white person, there's nothing wrong with it. you just aren't that pro-black.

Who cares about the race of a child as long as the child is born into love? are we talking about being pro-black here or are we talking about being racist? that sounds like some kind of view point a KKK member would have about keeping their race pure, in my opinion A child who is born into a mixed race family can still be proud of their heritages from both their mother and fathers side. Martin Luther King had a dream not a nightmare!

"Martin Luther King had a dream not a nightmare!"

Westrbook.gif

Who cares about the race of a child as long as the child is born into love?
This is flawed for a number of reasons.

Who cares about the race of your descendents? That's like asking "who cares about the continuation of the race?" when the answer is simple: pro-black people.
are we talking about being pro-black here or are we talking about being racist? that sounds like some kind of view point a KKK member would have about keeping their race pure, in my opinion
nah, actually white supremacist groups have a long history of tryna get people of color to breed out. ethnic cleansing is a racist concept. increasing black numbers and keeping resources within the black community, is not.
A child who is born into a mixed race family can still be proud of their heritages from both their mother and fathers side.
and I'm sure that would be a lovely family. saying that'd be pro-black tho, is like saying the United Nations is akin to the NAACP. it aint.
Martin Luther King had a dream not a nightmare!
Martin Luther King may have smashed white women, in the secrecy and dead of the night, but he sure didn't wife em. IJS. highly doubt his dream involved a world with fewer black folks.

The 12 hour time limit has been ignored twice now. I replied within the time limit and I was drinking and rough as fuck over the weekend, plus I won the debate easily no hate @BNE there just isn't no coming back from that Martin Luther King line.

The 12 hour time limit has been ignored twice now. I replied within the time limit and I was drinking and rough as fuck over the weekend, plus I won the debate easily no hate @BNE there just isn't no coming back from that Martin Luther King line.
Martin Luther King may have smashed white women, in the secrecy and dead of the night, but he sure didn't wife em. IJS. highly doubt his dream involved a world with fewer black folks.

People were saying it's tough for them to respond during the weekend so since I gave the other 4 in the other debates a pass, i'll give yall a pass too

Preach you dropping the ball...

You had the right idea with your rebuttal... but you missed the mark lol

TEAM ABW!